• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Ooo me me me. New gun, new rig, new instruction.

I'll be a GM by the end of the match.

PM me your name, and I'll make sure I get on your squad.

I want to watch. I'll RO that squad. I never even thought of lowering or raising the time on a timer until I heard about this. I can see me trying to do it while looking at the timer. I'd probably be looking at it just like he was. "Duh, was I lowering or raising this time, how much?" :)

I'm sorry, I don't get it. The only thing I get from this sport is the satisfaction of shooting well (or not, depending on the day). It's not about beating so and so, although that's fun on the rare occasions it happens. It's about me being better than I was last year.

I understand the monetary considerations involved but geez, we all throw money at this sport like we've got a lot of it. Dillons, components, travel, gear, guns, match fees; this crap ain't cheap. There isn't enough prize table swag to put a dent in it.

A plaque I didn't earn would be an embarrassment to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not doing the RO's job for him. I've had RO's give me calls I wouldn't have given. I wasn't about to argue against myself.

How shallow a person would one have to be to get enjoyment from winning a title by this cheating?

I've been looking for 2-3 seconds a stage for a couple years.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    I was informed today by Tekky 1 that WVPPS will be purchasing timers with friend or foe selectors on them.

Glad to see that the investigation is moving forward.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Considering his day job, that would mean he probably screwed people a lot worse than adding a few seconds to a stage time.

I have been thinking about that very topic and agree. His real crimes are probably much worse than this USPSA cheating. It makes me sick thinking about it.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Yea thats USPSA for you. most of them won't shoot with stock carry guns. I shoot IDPA because its more training for real life situations. I'm I'm going to my first USPSA match Sunday at ACC to see how good these USPSA guys think they are! I have a feeling they won't be happy. I may even wear my vest and do everything from concealment

Looking forward to a full report on this.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Ooo me me me. New gun, new rig, new instruction.

I'll be a GM by the end of the match.

PM me your name, and I'll make sure I get on your squad.

I want to be on that squad as well. I am always looking to learn.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Yea thats USPSA for you. most of them won't shoot with stock carry guns. I shoot IDPA because its more training for real life situations. I'm I'm going to my first USPSA match Sunday at ACC to see how good these USPSA guys think they are! I have a feeling they won't be happy. I may even wear my vest and do everything from concealment

You know, I'll be the first to laugh if you''re someone like TGO or Miculek and show up at that match with a vest on. I suspect they have much better things to do, so take my advice, I'm mainly an IDPA shooter (no need for tips, I already made MA). Full on concealment, standing reloads, cover- if there's not any, make some. Then, when you get OWNED by a bunch of custom gun shooters you can say that you were at least tacticool about your last place finish. Keep it real homie.

I think technically the terms have been changed to Cheaters vs Non-Cheaters.

Good one!:laugh: Maybe too soon though, nobody jumped on it.

I was informed today by Tekky 1 that WVPPS will be purchasing timers with friend or foe selectors on them.

Glad to see that the investigation is moving forward.

:laugh:

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I so wish I didn't have to work this weekend.
    I need a crap ton of help with my shooting and all the uspsa masters on this fantasy squad would be a great help.
    The instruction would be fun to watch as well.
    As for the cheating,I just can't fathom the reasoning behind it. I'm an RO and I hadn't even thought of this until now.A permanent ban seem to be in order.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    As someone who doesn't shoot competitively, I just want to say that this thread seems like a great way to attract new shooters.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    It is not me, I am only an expert in IDPA, too many procedurals to make Master

From Phil strader

USPSA has recently been presented with information regarding alleged misrepresentations of shooters’ stage times during major matches.

Currently, the accused Range Officer has had his RO duties suspended by NROI.

We take these allegations seriously, and we will do everything within our power to review the facts and come to a fair and equitable decision.

Not only does USPSA expect its certified Range Officials to maintain integrity and honesty while volunteering at these events, we also expect our members to exercise discretion and diplomacy during our investigation. Public character assassinations and threats will not be tolerated and will be addressed by me personally. This type of behavior can effect as much damage to USPSA as the dishonest actions of a match official, and I will do what is necessary to ensure that our organization is protected.

Last edited:

Fourtrax

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    First, Truk is da man!

Second, Rob is funnier than I realized. Some of his posts in this thread are hilarious.

Third, i absolutely hated Doodie, but couldn't stop reading Doodie. Now I love those f$@*tards. It's real. Has been my go to shooting forum for awhile. Except of course for that Dr. YVG, he is pretty tame, or is it lame? Whatever.

I've been Doodiefied, it might be permanent. I need a self help group to get off the Doodie.

Top Bottom