• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    It is not me, I am only and expert in IDPA, too many procedurals to make Master

From Phil strader

USPSA has recently been presented with information regarding alleged misrepresentations of shooters’ stage times during major matches.

Currently, the accused Range Officer has had his RO duties suspended by NROI.

We take these allegations seriously, and we will do everything within our power to review the facts and come to a fair and equitable decision.

Not only does USPSA expect its certified Range Officials to maintain integrity and honesty while volunteering at these events, we also expect our members to exercise discretion and diplomacy during our investigation. Public character assassinations and threats will not be tolerated and will be addressed by me personally. This type of behavior can effect as much damage to USPSA as the dishonest actions of a match official, and I will do what is necessary to ensure that our organization is protected.

Perfect response.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ya, cheating is a big black eye to the sport. That is why so many people are upset. Nothing about this is going to attract new shooters.

I wasn't referring only to the cheater. Between this thread and the one on the other forum, I've seen a lot of unprofessional behavior all around and it's really turned me off wanting to try USPSA.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I wasn't referring only to the cheater. Between this thread and the one on the other forum, I've seen a lot of unprofessional behavior all around and it's really turned me off wanting to try USPSA.

There is always a few bad apples in a bushel. Don't let the few ruin it for the rest of the bushel..
    If you really want to try USPSA you wont let this BS stop you.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

Were you actually going to try it in the first place?

Like anything else, there are plenty of different types of people that play this game. There are the prim and proper types that never utter cuss words. Then there are the Doodie heads are irreverent and like to drop the F bomb.

If you are not a cheater, there is a group of US PSA shooters that you'll get along with.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    If I were to write off an entire organization or entity because of a few jerk faces that say things that offend my delicate sensibilities, I don't think I'd be a member here.

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    I'll add this... You will undoubtedly come across cheaters in the sport. But there is nothing more satisfying than beating them anyways!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Hendrix picked the wrong game. Could have +3'ed people with a sketchy cover call and no one would've been the wiser. ;)

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis

There isn't a code of professionalism for shooting sports. There is a code of sportsmanship.

Gun, bullets, timer, and targets... your preparation determines your performance. - Me

The only time I feel at peace is with the gun. This doesn't ask permission or seek forgiveness. This does what I do. This becomes me, standing by for awesome. - Steve Anderson

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    That sucks
    People are upset and have taken to name calling and typing hateful words on a computer screen, , but some people equate this to there have been drive bys of this guy's house shooting it up.
    Other than some harsh words for the most part many have read and are waiting for the appropriate actions to place and have posted their opinions about this. There has been some people that have spent a lot of time reviewing video and Match results going back four years researching how deep this goes and good for them. If you can filter out some bad words and some emotional charged post your will see some very enlightened post about this.

Here is Jack Suber's response to me asking when this was presented to him as it has been alleged that it was prior to it being put out on the other forum
    Jake Martens, why do you think someone would mention it to me before hand? I found out about this when I read it here. I am not the Section Coordinator. I was never contacted about this before the South Carolina Sectional. I heard rumors about cheating a little over a week ago but no names. Please get the facts correct.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

They weren't as bad before electronic scoring, I think it is too much computer time and kindle gamma rays and stuff that is pushing them the last little bit over the edge.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

Might be for the best. You will occasionally see unprofessional behavior in the shooting sports, especially as the summer comes on strong. It's what happens when a bunch of A type personalities get together to shoot.

It's highly unlikely that you would ever see cheating though. In the couple of years that I've been in the shooting sports I've only see one blatant, low down, cheating event occur. It came when a couple of shooters ran through equipment check. It was after they had shot the match and something in their equipment or ammo failed the check. But this wasn't made known to the MD who was already handing awards out. These guys shot well enough to earn some wood and took the plaques when given to them although the knew they had been DQ'ed. Nobody knew about their dq until after the fact.

That's it, that's the only event I've seen. If you're seeing unprofessional behavior erupt from the shooting world over this incident, part of it is that cheating is very, very rare and we don't know exactly how to deal with it when it comes up, especially on the level this guy was doing it.

So, if that is enough to sour your view and keep you away, I apologize on our behalf. I know clubs would have loved to had you come and shoot.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Might be for the best. You will occasionally see unprofessional behavior in [STRIKE]the shooting sports[/STRIKE] life

You can't "home school" the shooting sports, you have to get out there among the world to participate. So yea, there might be some language or or rowdy jokes.

That said, you need thicker skin to survive internet forums than you do match day. I could count on one hand the number of times I've seen actual insults or critisisms hurled on the range; shooters generally go out of their way to encourage and help each other. Generally if you see insults being thrown around, it's among friends and taken as friendly banter (or at least that's what I choose to believe all the insults coming my way are).

-rvb

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN

This is my first year shooting USPSA (or any shooting sports).

At one match there was a "kid" that needed to show more respect to some of the older shooters. It didn't involve me but he was definitely in need of being rolled around in the dirt and taught some manners.

Other than that one instance everyone I have met has been helpful, friendly, accepting of new people and fun to be around. I am enjoying the sport, becoming a better shot and having a lot of fun. I move as rapidly as pondwater and am no threat to win anything but the high scorers don't belittle me. Some have even given me good advice. Give it a try, you might enjoy it.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This is my first year shooting USPSA (or any shooting sports).

At one match there was a "kid" that needed to show more respect to some of the older shooters. It didn't involve me but he was definitely in need of being rolled around in the dirt and taught some manners.

Other than that one instance everyone I have met has been helpful, friendly, accepting of new people and fun to be around. I am enjoying the sport, becoming a better shot and having a lot of fun. I move as rapidly as pondwater and am no threat to win anything but the high scorers don't belittle me. Some have even given me good advice. Give it a try, you might enjoy it.

I like hearing stories like this

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    You can't "home school" the shooting sports, you have to get out there among the world to participate. So yea, there might be some language or or rowdy jokes.

That said, you need thicker skin to survive internet forums than you do match day. I could count on one hand the number of times I've seen actual insults or critisisms hurled on the range; shooters generally go out of their way to encourage and help each other. Generally if you see insults being thrown around, it's among friends and taken as friendly banter (or at least that's what I choose to believe all the insults coming my way are).

-rvb

That sounds like our squad...we can be a bit rowdy to each other.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    That sounds like our squad...we can be a bit rowdy to each other.

I think often times people see who two competitors (likely friends) act towards each other and take it as a sign of disrespect. When I shoot, Corey and I give each other **** the entire day...

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I like hearing stories like this

While we are on the topic of stories, I feel compelled to tell one. This story reflects more upon the character of most of the people I have shot with in my limited experience in USPSA

I was running the kindle one day and had an individual approach me and pull me aside. He is a reputable shooter and a good one at that. He wanted to edit one of his previous stages. A relative of his was RO'ing and gave him a double on one of the previous stages instead of an Alpha-Mike. He told me to take an A away and add a Mike. He said he remembered pulling off and missing the target and didn't feel right keeping the double alpha. He could have gone on with the match and no one would have been the wiser.....but he didn't.

Would everyone in USPSA have changed their score in this instance??? Absolutely not...but there are more of these type of people participating in USPSA than there are the type that this thread was started over.

Top Bottom