• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    Meh, 41 shots? How many were in the guy, that's what matters.

+1

It's not uncommon in police shooting for officers to fire dozens of times and hit nothing. For this officer to fire 41 times proves nothing except the officer needs more practice. Like Kutnupe14 said it only matters how many times the bad guy was hit and if the officer continued to fire after the threat was neutralized.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    A perp shoots a canine ONE time in Anderson ...

... dog dies, city LEO has an orgasm of grief, bag-pipes, fire-trucks, chaplain prayers (for a DOG?!,) nine yards of canine poop ... what will they do if a HUMAN gets killed? Oh yeah, it wasn't MY dog. But it was "an officer of the law." Hmmmm, let's see where he swore any oath, and signed anything. Some LEOs ARE nutzo freakazoids. I pity any further perps who shoot at dogs. There aren't enough drum magazines to show our grief ! ! ! ! Get real.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It will sound cold of me to say that I'm most concerned with the alleged confiscation and deletion of video evidence from third party's mobile phone.

If any of that is true, justified shooting or not, the destroying of evidence is highly illegal - or as kirk would appreciate: very very double illegal.

Hey, don't mess with Texas (cops).

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    ... dog dies, city LEO has an orgasm of grief, bag-pipes, fire-trucks, chaplain prayers (for a DOG?!,) nine yards of canine poop ... what will they do if a HUMAN gets killed? Oh yeah, it wasn't MY dog. But it was "an officer of the law." Hmmmm, let's see where he swore any oath, and signed anything. Some LEOs ARE nutzo freakazoids. I pity any further perps who shoot at dogs. There aren't enough drum magazines to show our grief ! ! ! ! Get real.

Someone is off of their meds

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

you are right, those dogs save lives, both bad guys and good guys, yours included. Same as the Military Working Dogs. But, yea, lets be glad that a good guy is dead, killed in the line of action, protecting your right to sit behind your computer screen at your parents' house and type that. As already stated, please make sure to take your meds and the "bad" law enforcement will go away.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Unless he had a drum magazine!

To directly quote a friend of mine: "Nothing says 'I have so many rounds, I don't even need to aim you,' like a drum magazine."

41 rounds. I can't even imagine his mindset. Malice would seem to indicate a mag-dump and a deep breath. Fear would seem to indicate much the same. I don't know what you'd call 41 rounds. A deep and abiding need to know that what you're hitting is perm-deleted? Repetitive motion under stress? Bang bang bang reload slide rack bang bang bang? I'll wait for further details to even try to understand this.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Seems alot of people are overlooking this key piece of info:
    "A witness told the news outlet he was awakened by the shots and took pictures and video of what unfolded on his cell phone. However, the man claims the Mesquite police took his phone and deleted the footage before returning the device four days later. "

If the police had nothing to hide then why did they ILLEGALLY confiscate the witness's cel phone and delete the footage ala NAZI style?

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Why did the witness not send the video to someone else before he told the police he had it? Why could he not just send the video to one of LEOs phones?

Why do LEOs chase people who run from them? If they just let the suspect go he would have turned himself in later, after he calmed down and figured out that he had done no wrong.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Phy & Rep, you may be "kick-ash" in your own minds ...

... but, you twin know-nothing nerd-niks have a lot to know that you never wlil learn. I'm not pointing you out, but were you the two who were on the west side of the street, holding hands? I am a decorated 'Nam vet, 8 yrs svc., and before I left 'Nam I had to shoot and bury my canine. It was hard, but no dog deserves a funeral that has all the trappings as that of a real Officer. Just sayin' it got way out of hand. Who knows why. But do this site a service, you old heads, and let others express their own twisted opinions before you go talkin' shoot out of your corn-holes, just sayin'. If you ain't been there, shut up and listen. And I do not need your respect or approval of my ideas, EVER. If the V.A. wants to feed me a hu7ndred pills a day, it's not your problem. EBG

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    ... but, you twin know-nothing nerd-niks have a lot to know that you never wlil learn. I'm not pointing you out, but were you the two who were on the west side of the street, holding hands? I am a decorated 'Nam vet, 8 yrs svc., and before I left 'Nam I had to shoot and bury my canine. It was hard, but no dog deserves a funeral that has all the trappings as that of a real Officer. Just sayin' it got way out of hand. Who knows why. But do this site a service, you old heads, and let others express their own twisted opinions before you go talkin' shoot out of your corn-holes, just sayin'. If you ain't been there, shut up and listen. And I do not need your respect or approval of my ideas, EVER. If the V.A. wants to feed me a hu7ndred pills a day, it's not your problem. EBG

Thank you for your service and if you had to shoot your dog I will apologize for the country that you were forced to suffer that tragedy.

As far as holding hands or being "kick-ash" in my own mind I'll just say that I've done what I've done, been where I've been and claim to be no better than anyone else. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else and don't sweat a second a year trying to do so.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone who chooses to put that opinion on a public forum is entitled to have it challenged. Don't like it? Don't post it.

You may want to seek a second opinion on the meds.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Thanks, man.

I am on my 5th opinion on shrinks and meds right now, plus "social worker sociopaths" against ANY veteran owning a gun. J.Daniels in moderation is the only real remedy! <=(some purple there) Shrinks are crazy. Social Workers need no diploma. It's all their opinions. I do appreciate where you were coming from, except on the meds. I know me, and I refuse some of their free candy. They zombie-ized me pretty quick, and I deduced you were like THAT in your first comment. The "holding hands" was my dig-back. "We owe each other nothing more than to be a straight shooter."
    Thank you for your service and if you had to shoot your dog I will apologize for the country that you were forced to suffer that tragedy.

As far as holding hands or being "kick-ash" in my own mind I'll just say that I've done what I've done, been where I've been and claim to be no better than anyone else. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else and don't sweat a second a year trying to do so.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone who chooses to put that opinion on a public forum is entitled to have it challenged. Don't like it? Don't post it.

You may want to seek a second opinion on the meds.

Last edited:

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    So was he really shot 41 times like the title of the thread states? From the article:
    Investigators are trying to piece together what happened after a 30-minute high-speed chase in Texas ended with a police officer allegedly shooting at a possibly unarmed suspect 41 times.

The Dallas Morning News reports that officer Patrick Tuter of the Garland Police Department is currently on restricted duty following the late August incident, in which he allegedly rammed his car into Michael Vincent Allen's truck before pulling out a semiautomatic weapon and firing off 41 rounds.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

Sorry, pretty sure that I deserve my right to free speech as much as anyone in the US, as well as any vet, since I am one myself. As for my opinion about your comments, as this is a forum, once again, I can pretty much say however I feel within the guidelines of the forum. And since I have "been there" I will say anything i want. As for shutting up and listening, you were done talking, and i expressed my opinion back. If you cant handle my opinion, you dont have to listen.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    LOL at this thread so far. Some of you need to wait for more details lol.

This is my favorite typical type of statement we hear in just about every shooting.

"Although their son had previous run-ins with the law for drug possession and evading the police, Allen's parents told CBS he was a well-liked person and a father of a 4-year-old girl."

I bet a story somewhere says "he was such a good boy".

Top Bottom