• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    The most disturbing thing about all of these stories I've read, is the willingness of police officials to LIE until some video or other evidence shows up to contradict their story. Despicable.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    the phone is like a computer, if its deleted, it can still be retrieved, just have to have a techie on it

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I love how they make a big deal about how many times they got shot. If they deserved it, 1 is the same as 41. If they didn't, even 1 is too many.

If you are ever authorized to use deadly force, try shooting them 41 times (obviously reloading SEVERAL times) and see how that holds up in court. No big deal just a few extra warning shots!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Well, do remember a while back we had an officer pump an unusual number of rounds into the back of a suspects car. Only after one began to read about it did it reveal that the subject had shot at the officer as he approached the car. Given the situation, I believe the final decision was good shoot. Not saying the current subject is, just saying let's wait and see.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Well, do remember a while back we had an officer pump an unusual number of rounds into the back of a suspects car. Only after one began to read about it did it reveal that the subject had shot at the officer as he approached the car. Given the situation, I believe the final decision was good shoot. Not saying the current subject is, just saying let's wait and see.

You're right, of course. It appears this is being investigated for both criminal prosecution as well as policy violations, so I guess we wait and see.

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Let's all pass judgement based on the news article. After all, we all know that the media always gets the details right and never reports with an agenda.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Definitely want to keep an eye on this as more facts are released but I'm not falling to either side. There is always more to the story.

Only thing that annoys me is when the family always makes the vic out to be this saint. "Oh he was such a good boy and he only ran from the police because he was scared of them." :rolleyes:

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Everyone is coming down on the media for not getting things straight. Yet no one seems to note the OP subject line says "Unarmed man shot 41 times by police. "

The article states "Shot At 41 Times", there is a difference, a big difference. I'm not saying the cop was right or wrong, I was not there. But the OP could have been more accurate as well.

Maybe I am nit picking. However, I'm just tired of misleading subject lines.

Top Bottom