• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Generally, people tend to write the way they speak. Heavy accents or regional dialects will affect that. My mother-in-law (a native Kentuckian - from the hills of Hazard KY), to her dying day, insisted that "wash" was spelled "w-a-r-s-h" and that it was possible to "sale" something. I still don't know if her cousin is named "Dell" or "Dale".

I wonder... how exactly would you type this?

:dunno:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3wuSO59OdM[/ame]

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    That's where my grandparents and family is from, eastern Tennessee. I love the food when I go down to visit, but I can't understand what they are talking about.
    I'm in love with the whole area. My wife and I honeymooned in the Smokies and have been to Gatlinburg a bunch. We've also visited Biltmore in Ashville (pronounced Ashvull) NC several times. All the people in the Tri-cities area are very polite-yes sir, no sir. I used to joke that I couldn't wait to get back to Indiana so people would treat me like dirt like I'm used to!

RBM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Judah
    They tried to shuck my hard once... didn't know whether to stand there or run, I ran.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Generally, people tend to write the way they speak. Heavy accents or regional dialects will affect that. My mother-in-law (a native Kentuckian - from the hills of Hazard KY), to her dying day, insisted that "wash" was spelled "w-a-r-s-h" and that it was possible to "sale" something. I still don't know if her cousin is named "Dell" or "Dale".

My Mom is a very successful business woman with very sound grammar and has a genius IQ. If I had a dollar for every time I said, "Mom, there's no 'r' in wash" or "there's no 'r' in toilet" I'd have a lot more money lying around. That must be something she picked up from her parents, because I rarely hear people pronounce those words like that around here.

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    I was just at a thortons on poplar level road getting gas and walked in openly carrying my XD .40 and when I was in line to pay I noticed two LMPD officers by my car and when I walked out they asked me if I had a permit to carry my firearm I told him yes I do and he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect for anyone openly taking advantage of their second amandment right and was also happy that I answered his question instead of pleading the 5th and also telling him that I don't consent to any search. IMO we need more people like these two officers.

Shaked you HARD what ? :laugh:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

oh yeah, I have plenty of relatives who warsh their winduhs on the truck.

They also enjoy aigs for breftess...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom