• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Send in a letter of praise/thanks into their department. The only time LEOs hear from the public is when they have screwed up. I think it would be nice to hear when they have done something right. I don't know if their training was different or just the kind of men they were, but i agree that we need more officers that behave in this professional manner. +1 to them!

This. People are quick to complain but slow to compliment (if ever).... though I would leave out the part about the "shucking".

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Generally, people tend to write the way they speak. Heavy accents or regional dialects will affect that. My mother-in-law (a native Kentuckian - from the hills of Hazard KY), to her dying day, insisted that "wash" was spelled "w-a-r-s-h" and that it was possible to "sale" something. I still don't know if her cousin is named "Dell" or "Dale".

My dad used to talk about "warshing dishes after supper." My uncle still uses "reach" instead of "hand." As in, "can you reach me that hammer?" Or, "the cashier reached me back my change." My grandpa also refers to the creek behind his house as the "crick." Until the day he died I never did understand a word that my great uncle was saying. It keeps things interesting.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I was just at a thortons on poplar level road getting gas and walked in openly carrying my XD .40 and when I was in line to pay I noticed two LMPD officers by my car and when I walked out they asked me if I had a permit to carry my firearm I told him yes I do and he said alright sir and shaked my hard
    Shaked your what? Boy, those were friendly cops! :D

Sorry. Been out all afternoon and just saw this. Thanks for the laugh. You did this on purpose, right.

Last edited:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Generally, people tend to write the way they speak. Heavy accents or regional dialects will affect that. My mother-in-law (a native Kentuckian - from the hills of Hazard KY), to her dying day, insisted that "wash" was spelled "w-a-r-s-h" and that it was possible to "sale" something. I still don't know if her cousin is named "Dell" or "Dale".
    Yeah about the pronunciation. I had a friend from Boston and I never knew if her dogs name was "Kirky" or "Cookie".

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    My dad used to talk about "warshing dishes after supper." My uncle still uses "reach" instead of "hand." As in, "can you reach me that hammer?" Or, "the cashier reached me back my change." My grandpa also refers to the creek behind his house as the "crick." Until the day he died I never did understand a word that my great uncle was saying. It keeps things interesting.
    I ran a piping job in East Tennessee about 10 years ago. The realtor lady drove me around Johnson city looking for a rental apartment for an entire afternoon and we **** chatted about our families. She kept referring to "air" son who lived out of state. I thought WTH is she talking about. Finally a plumber that I hired said she's saying "our" son. This guy had lived in New York and had relocated there a few years earlier. He said, "I translate for out of towners all the time now.":dunno:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I ran a piping job in East Tennessee about 10 years ago. The realtor lady drove me around Johnson city looking for a rental apartment for an entire afternoon and we **** chatted about our families. She kept referring to "air" son who lived out of state. I thought WTH is she talking about. Finally a plumber that I hired said she's saying "our" son. This guy had lived in New York and had relocated there a few years earlier. He said, "I translate for out of towners all the time now.":dunno:

That's where my grandparents and family is from, eastern Tennessee. I love the food when I go down to visit, but I can't understand what they are talking about.

Top Bottom