Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    BTW - Ever time my Hard gets Shuck, I'll think of Leggdpms. .:):

That sounds kind of creepy.

No reason to tell the rest of us your dirty little secrets. :D

It's not just a southern IN thing. I'm from northern IN & I used to get crap all the time when I was in the Navy about me saying waRsh. I haven't said that in a really long time now.

Though I still give my wife hell over her (Evansville) accent. She's got it bad. Not only did she grow up in Evansville her parents were from Kentucky. She is getting better though. :D

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    That sounds kind of creepy.

No reason to tell the rest of us your dirty little secrets. :D

It's not just a southern IN thing. I'm from northern IN & I used to get crap all the time when I was in the Navy about me saying waRsh. I haven't said that in a really long time now.

Though I still give my wife hell over her (Evansville) accent. She's got it bad. Not only did she grow up in Evansville her parents were from Kentucky. She is getting better though. :D
    When I was in Brooklyn NY (Fort Hamilton) for AIT in '69 some of the other guys would say, "Hey, *****, say something like "far truck" for us. Everybody knows farmen drive their far truck to put out fars in buildings.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Send in a letter of praise/thanks into their department. The only time LEOs hear from the public is when they have screwed up. I think it would be nice to hear when they have done something right. I don't know if their training was different or just the kind of men they were, but i agree that we need more officers that behave in this professional manner. +1 to them!

This. Plenty of complaints get sent in. An occasional word of praise might be in order to let these officers know their stance and professionalism doesn't go unnoticed.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Best autocorrection I've seen in a while, followed by the best correction of an autocorrection. winx2

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Thanks for reviving this thread. I hadn't seen it before and chuckled loud enough a couple of folks walked over to my office to see what I was laughing about. "Shuck my hard"...

Top Bottom