• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Hey - Leave him alone. He's still in shock and delirious from being tased and boot-jacked in the head. That's what really happened.

BTW - Ever time my Hard gets Shuck, I'll think of Leggdpms. .:):

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    jokes & trivia

OP, what would be even more funny is if your screen name was Leghorn (as in Foghorn).
    "Let go, I say, let go, that's not mah leg, boy."

Trivia: Poplar Level? You were in the neighborhood of Bluegrass Indoor Range, accessible from Poplar Level Rd (south) to Bishop Ln. (east), or Newburg (south) to Champion Trace (formerly Leghorn) west.

It always struck me as odd how so many people from this region - on either side of the river - have trouble with the pronunciation and spelling of that road. It's Poplar - as in tree, not popular - as in popularity contest.

Anyway ... yeah. As one of our members here pointed out in a different thread, visitors may find that in general, Kentuckians (including LEOs) aren't nearly as uptight about guns as some others. Be sure to leave a message of thanks to their department.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It always struck me as odd how so many people from this region - on either side of the river - have trouble with the pronunciation and spelling of that road. It's Poplar - as in tree, not popular - as in popularity contest.

Generally, people tend to write the way they speak. Heavy accents or regional dialects will affect that. My mother-in-law (a native Kentuckian - from the hills of Hazard KY), to her dying day, insisted that "wash" was spelled "w-a-r-s-h" and that it was possible to "sale" something. I still don't know if her cousin is named "Dell" or "Dale".

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I never said it was against the law. I just implied that it was a dangerous activity. Stopped at a red light is still driving.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Good encounter, bad punctuation... but I'll give you a pass since you're from Loo-a-vull and all. Good folks down there, just Hoosiers who lost their way...

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I was just at a thortons on poplar level road getting gas and walked in openly carrying my XD .40 and when I was in line to pay I noticed two LMPD officers by my car and when I walked out they asked me if I had a permit to carry my firearm I told him yes I do and he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect for anyone openly taking advantage of their second amandment right and was also happy that I answered his question instead of pleading the 5th and also telling him that I don't consent to any search. IMO we need more people like these two officers.

It's really nice that you had a happy ending.

Top Bottom