• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Generally, people tend to write the way they speak. Heavy accents or regional dialects will affect that. My mother-in-law (a native Kentuckian - from the hills of Hazard KY), to her dying day, insisted that "wash" was spelled "w-a-r-s-h" and that it was possible to "sale" something. I still don't know if her cousin is named "Dell" or "Dale".

I wonder... how exactly would you type this?

:dunno:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3wuSO59OdM[/ame]

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    That's where my grandparents and family is from, eastern Tennessee. I love the food when I go down to visit, but I can't understand what they are talking about.
    I'm in love with the whole area. My wife and I honeymooned in the Smokies and have been to Gatlinburg a bunch. We've also visited Biltmore in Ashville (pronounced Ashvull) NC several times. All the people in the Tri-cities area are very polite-yes sir, no sir. I used to joke that I couldn't wait to get back to Indiana so people would treat me like dirt like I'm used to!

RBM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Judah
    They tried to shuck my hard once... didn't know whether to stand there or run, I ran.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Generally, people tend to write the way they speak. Heavy accents or regional dialects will affect that. My mother-in-law (a native Kentuckian - from the hills of Hazard KY), to her dying day, insisted that "wash" was spelled "w-a-r-s-h" and that it was possible to "sale" something. I still don't know if her cousin is named "Dell" or "Dale".

My Mom is a very successful business woman with very sound grammar and has a genius IQ. If I had a dollar for every time I said, "Mom, there's no 'r' in wash" or "there's no 'r' in toilet" I'd have a lot more money lying around. That must be something she picked up from her parents, because I rarely hear people pronounce those words like that around here.

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    I was just at a thortons on poplar level road getting gas and walked in openly carrying my XD .40 and when I was in line to pay I noticed two LMPD officers by my car and when I walked out they asked me if I had a permit to carry my firearm I told him yes I do and he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect for anyone openly taking advantage of their second amandment right and was also happy that I answered his question instead of pleading the 5th and also telling him that I don't consent to any search. IMO we need more people like these two officers.

Shaked you HARD what ? :laugh:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

oh yeah, I have plenty of relatives who warsh their winduhs on the truck.

They also enjoy aigs for breftess...

Top Bottom