Turn Signals, Does Anyone Use Them Anymore?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    The scariest roundabout I know is probably this one in the UK, it has 5 mini roundabouts with a central larger one, 3 or 4 lanes and of course you take it clockwise ... not counterclockwise. :faint:

ob_b1f18b_wswvqcr.jpg
    I would do anything to avoid having to go through that.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I don't do that on a 4 way, there are a couple of 2 way stop signs around me I do that to. Where you are supposed to stop the sight lines aren't very good, pulling forward that extra 5-6ft makes a big difference.
    Yeah, there are a lot of stop signs where the white "stop" line is way to0 far back to safely see and one has to stop farther forward. I'm not talking about those, I'm talking strictly about 4 ways with wide a**ed open view that people do the multi stop on. I've never seen this maneuver anywhere else but Johnson Co. and I see someone do it a couple times per week here.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yeah, there are a lot of stop signs where the white "stop" line is way to0 far back to safely see and one has to stop farther forward. I'm not talking about those, I'm talking strictly about 4 ways with wide a**ed open view that people do the multi stop on. I've never seen this maneuver anywhere else but Johnson Co. and I see someone do it a couple times per week here.
    I think I've probably done something similar a couple of times. Usually when there is decent traffic. I'll start rolling forward when the other person should be going and my turn is next, when they are slow to go I have to stop. When I say start rolling forward I don't mean giving it any gas just taking my foot off the brake.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Here in Johnson Co. the idiots have a tendency to stop multiple times for a stop sign. They stop at the white line, then pull forward and stop again partially into the intersection. Some even do a third stop even farther into the intersection. It really screws up the timing on 4 ways and I've never seen this procedure anywhere else. Of course, I've also followed a number of people that stop unnecessarily for roundabouts then proceed to roll through stop signs.

They do the exact same here.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I saw a person stopped at the roundabout a couple of weeks ago with their left signal on. They would dart forward and a car would come at them and they'd stop. Once they did that about 3 or 4 times and I had room to get around them, I skee-daddled out of there.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I try to stay aware of what vehicles are around me and where. If I don't see any, I often don't signal. If there are no other drivers to communicate my intentions to, I don't communicate. Us introverts avoid unnecessary communication.

This drives extrovert SWMBO crazy. My reason is it's more important to be constantly aware of traffic around you than just blindly signal always. Not good enough.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    With everything else they put on newer vehicles, turn signals should be automatic by now
    They haven't refined the probes to plug into your brain yet, they are arguing on the specs for the plug to install at birth. By the time they do someone will have a wireless solution.

Top Bottom