• ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Exactly.

I don't like Trump. I didn't vote for Trump. I didn't want Trump to win, and no, that doesn't mean I wanted Joe Biden to win either. However...if evidence came to light to show that the election was actually stolen through fraud, coercion, or any other illegal means, I'd be on board with correcting the issue, whatever that may look like.
    Wouldn't it be better to get 'on board' a wee bit earlier, perhaps in time to force those who conducted sketchy elections with objectionable behavior to co-operate with audits and be transparent?

Because if you wait until it is proven, despite obstructionism at every turn, there will certainly be blood

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    That they weren’t convicted yet? The context you used it seemed as if you were saying they were convicted, and was a result of due process.

Maybe I took it wrong, text is hard to tell intentions sometimes
    Yes, you took it wrong.

There are proceedings in process in Congressional committees/sub-committees, which are the beginning of due process. We haven't seen where they might head with those in the White House inner circle.

As to the Jan 6 idiots who stormed the Capitol and assaulted police, call it what you want. I think they should have been shot while attempting to storm the building.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Let's review the bidding: I said "I hope they hang a few of the convicted insurrectionists in the public square."

Hope is an expectation of the future.

Convicted insurrectionists is a possible future outcome. No one has been convicted at this moment of that crime. It is a possible future outcome.

The future, dude. A possible future.
    The future is just starting ... NOW

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Yes, you took it wrong.

There are proceedings in process in Congressional committees/sub-committees, which are the beginning of due process. We haven't seen where they might head with those in the White House inner circle.

As to the Jan 6 idiots who stormed the Capitol and assaulted police, call it what you want. I think they should have been shot while attempting to storm the building.
    I thought they announced they were dropping their attempts at insurrection charges recently? Could’ve swore I saw that somewhere

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Yes, you took it wrong.

Also, I don’t condone what happened on the 6th. They’re idiots that hurt the Republican Party more than they helped it and it will be in history books now, but let’s not excuse democrats getting away with it all year and never seeing more than a 2 minute story about it. I already posted the kavanaugh instance where they stopped a senate hearing, they also stormed into the Capitol earlier this year... not a word about it. If you’re going to allow it from one side you can’t punish the other and still call it equal justice, it’s not. Show me the cities Republicans burnt down. Show me the courthouses Republican destroyed. The congressman shot by a trump supporter. I’ll wait.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Exactly.

I don't like Trump. I didn't vote for Trump. I didn't want Trump to win, and no, that doesn't mean I wanted Joe Biden to win either. However...if evidence came to light to show that the election was actually stolen through fraud, coercion, or any other illegal means, I'd be on board with correcting the issue, whatever that may look like.

What would evidence look like?

We have a disheveled bleeding woman laying in the alley saying she was raped but the authorities saw no one near and see no need to investigate. No crime here...

No state investigated.

The FBI did not investigate.

The DOJ did not investigate.

I am puking sick of those that hide behind the no evidence claim. There were no investigations. There are dozens amounts of instances that need investigation. How do you find crimes, guilty, and evidence without an investigation?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Also, I don’t condone what happened on the 6th. They’re idiots that hurt the Republican Party more than they helped it and it will be in history books now, but let’s not excuse democrats getting away with it all year and never seeing more than a 2 minute story about it. I already posted the kavanaugh instance where they stopped a senate hearing, they also stormed into the Capitol earlier this year... not a word about it. If you’re going to allow it from one side you can’t punish the other and still call it equal justice, it’s not. Show me the cities Republicans burnt down. Show me the courthouses Republican destroyed. The congressman shot by a trump supporter. I’ll wait.
    Doesn't wash.

Each individual bad act and crime must stand on it's own.

Do I believe #BLM protests should have been responded to with more force? Absolutely. But TPTB seem to feel that property crimes are not capital crimes. My view: arson is a capital crime.

As to some terrorist attacking congressman playing ball: the guy is dead. Good outcome.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    674 people charged with crimes and not 1 for insurrection or sedition. When are they going to start?
    Insurrection:

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
    (June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

Federal prosecutors have so far resisted charging any of the upwards of 500 defendants who allegedly participated in the deadly storming of the U.S. Capitol with sedition or treason, according to the AP.

• The AP reported that legal scholars have said the charge of sedition my be justified, but federal prosecutors may be hedging their accusations because of the “legal complexity and the difficulty historically in securing convictions” in sedition cases.
    • Former acting U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin, who was leading the federal criminal investigation in the Jan. 6 insurrection, said in March that he believed the facts supported charging the Capitol rioters with sedition — or, as defined by the Cornell Law School’s Legal Information Institute, when “two or more persons ... conspire to overthrow, put down or to destroy by force the government of the United States,” the Deseret News reported.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Doesn't wash.

Each individual bad act and crime must stand on it's own.

Do I believe #BLM protests should have been responded to with more force? Absolutely. But TPTB seem to feel that property crimes are not capital crimes. My view: arson is a capital crime.

As to some terrorist attacking congressman playing ball: the guy is dead. Good outcome.
    What about stopping senate hearings for a Supreme Court justice?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    We have a disheveled bleeding woman laying in the alley saying she was raped but the authorities saw no one near and see no need to investigate. No crime here...

No state investigated.

The FBI did not investigate.

The DOJ did not investigate.

I am puking sick of those that hide behind the no evidence claim. There were no investigations. There are dozens amounts of instances that need investigation. How do you find crimes, guilty, and evidence without an investigation?
    So there’s no evidence, and it’s because no investigations have been done? Or am I reading that incorrectly?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I saw a summary, possibly posted here?

EDIT: I read this one, as I find Reuters to be fairly unbiased:

Audit

Also, I’m willing to be open-minded, so if there is something in their version you think is blatantly wrong then I’d be open to hearing it.

First off Reuters was a signatory to the media/social media pact that they would not publish anything that calls into question the election results. They saw how the MSM just reporting truth hurt them in the Bush v Gore situation. The only place to get the information is conservative media.

In one county in AZ they found more faulty ballots than the margin of victory. Then this week Pima county had multiple districts with over 100% turnout. Investigation likely coming. All this should have been done right after the election not a year later...

Ff&j

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    First off Reuters was a signatory to the media/social media pact that they would not publish anything that calls into question the election results. They saw how the MSM just reporting truth hurt them in the Bush v Gore situation. The only place to get the information is conservative media.

In one county in AZ they found more faulty ballots than the margin of victory. Then this week Pima county had multiple districts with over 100% turnout. Investigation likely coming. All this should have been done right after the election not a year later...

Ff&j
    Well, you’ve given me a homework assignment on that pact you mentioned. I always felt like Reuters was probably better than any of the MSM groups in the US due to political conflict.

If you’re telling me the only way to find “truth” is by using the conservative sites you approve of, then it seems truth is entirely subjective.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

So there’s no evidence, and it’s because no investigations have been done? Or am I reading that incorrectly?

Are we to word games? There is evidence that warrants further investigation to develop more evidence. When a bank calls in a robbery there will be evidence of that robbery, an investigation is begun to develop further evidence.

A renowned scientist that works with the SEC, FBI, and DOJ, with hundreds of patents on algorithms to find financial fraud and theft that gives them probable cause (evidence) to begin an investigation to develop more evidence. That scientist found the evidence to begin an investigation, but they would not investigate. Barr even had a memo to DOJ not to investigate.

But what am I telling you this for, you know it...

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I already asked you: what did law enforcement do? What did Trump's AG do?

crickets
    Does the lack of prosecution make it any less important than another? Because so far, neither instance has had convictions for insurrection... so maybe it’s fair to stop calling them insurrectionists, unless you would also like to group the participants on the left in with that.

Top Bottom