• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think you have to watch ALL of the videos of him saying anything and sift out the relevant bits :coffee:

And if you don't like watching videos, well-l-l-l ... get off the streets!
    Official mission statement and the platform foundation he's campaigning on can be found here at the link I gave Fos. There's no video. You can read it.

You can also walk the streets all you want.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Then I would think he would say so, yes?

Edit: He's a declared, national candidate now. What is his position on
    restoring, critical manufacturing (like needed drugs and PPP)
    You asked what his official position was on this subject. Here it is. I can see the response coming now though. Whenever I post something, you inquire about DeSantis's positions the unusual predictable canned dismissal of everything that DeSantis says or does is: But...but. "This is slipstreaming" :rolleyes:

Gov. Ron DeSantis declares supply chains must come back to the U.S. and move out of China "[We need] to recapture all the supply chains and bring them out of China, and get them back here."

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    More "slipstreaming" DeSantis's official position on restoring domestic energy production.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Official mission statement and the platform foundation he's campaigning on can be found here at the link I gave Fos. There's no video. You can read it.

That was really more of a list of campaign promises. To me, a platform tells me how they plan to make them come true.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Now back to the subject of Russia/Ukraine and some more of what DeSantis has said and what Trump has said..

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) calls Russian President Vladimir Putin a "war criminal"

Morgan asked DeSantis if Putin should be held responsible for war crimes and genocidal activity in Ukraine.

"I think he is a war criminal ... I do think that he should be held accountable," DeSantis replied.

The potential 2024 presidential contender's comments are in stark contrast to statements made by former President Trump, who last year called Putin "genius" and "very savvy" for recognizing two breakaway "republics" in eastern Ukraine as independent.

Putin used that " genius savvy" tactic as a pretense to cross the border only as a "peacekeeper" in eastern Ukraine when in reality he had a broader ambition and that was a way of getting his military foot in the door.

Putin also said prior to that Russian troops were only amassing at the border as a military exercise which was a lie. When in reality they were preparing to cross the border after Putin's "genius savvy" plan went into effect.

I think Trump's comments were designed to slather more butter on Putin than anything else.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That was really more of a list of campaign promises. To me, a platform tells me how they plan to make them come true.
    Stated platforms are generally a prioritized list of campaign promises that they want to address if elected.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Know exactly what you mean. Trump claimed his stance was pro 2A. I was shocked that a politician would go back on his word, after hearing him say, “take the guns first and then due process.”

But anyway, you asked what DeSantis’s stances were on a few issues. So then you got stances provided. Mind being a little more consistent in what you’re asking for? Thanks in advance.
    Wrong! [insert Trump gif there]. I asked why DeSantis won't lay out policy specifics of what he would do with the big chair. That's quite a bit different, especially with respect to specificity, than 'taking a firm stance'

The only people that I ever knew overly concerned with 'stances' were white belts

'Mind being a little more consistent in what you’re asking for? Thanks in advance.'

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    DeSantis goes on the offense and slams Trump for congratulating the "murderous dictator" Kim Jung Un (his chum that he had a love affair with btw) after North Korea recently got a seat on the executive board of the WHO.

Trump praised Kim in a Truth Social post Friday for North Korea being awarded an appointment to the executive board of the World Health Organization. He linked in the post to an American Greatness story that was critical of the position being granted to WHO, but ignored the premise of the article to praise Kim, whom he has called a friend.

I'm sure we all remember this too. I think some would like to forget it though.

Trump’s praise of Kim has prompted controversy before.

In 2018, at a rally in Virginia, the former president spoke about how he and Kim “fell in love” as they got to know each other as world leaders – and how Kim had written him “beautiful” and “great letters.”

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Now back to the subject of Russia/Ukraine and some more of what DeSantis has said and what Trump has said..

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) calls Russian President Vladimir Putin a "war criminal"

Morgan asked DeSantis if Putin should be held responsible for war crimes and genocidal activity in Ukraine.

"I think he is a war criminal ... I do think that he should be held accountable," DeSantis replied.

The potential 2024 presidential contender's comments are in stark contrast to statements made by former President Trump, who last year called Putin "genius" and "very savvy" for recognizing two breakaway "republics" in eastern Ukraine as independent.

Putin used that " genius savvy" tactic as a pretense to cross the border only as a "peacekeeper" in eastern Ukraine when in reality he had a broader ambition and that was a way of getting his military foot in the door.

Putin also said prior to that Russian troops were only amassing at the border as a military exercise which was a lie. When in reality they were preparing to cross the border after Putin's "genius savvy" plan went into effect.

I think Trump's comments were designed to slather more butter on Putin than anything else.
    I know it's likely you and your fellow travelers will just see what comes next as alibiing or Trump worship, but do you ever even think ... beyond trying to show DeSantis knows how to talk tough? Are there logical alternate explanations?

Is it possible that Trump has a better grasp of Realpolitik? Is it possible that Trump realizes that to end the war in Ukraine will require negotiating with Putin, and that just maybe saying he is a war criminal that needs to be dragged to the dock in The Hague will make those negotiations MUCH more difficult? Is it possible that Trump knows that The Three is just a shot away (nod to The Stones), Russia is a nuclear peer and some de-escalation might be in order?

As far as whether Trump only wants tough sounding sound bites, Gen. Qasem Soleimani could not be reached for comment

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Uhhh, the only thing I can see, at the link provided and which doesn't want me to sign up for something, is the subsection entitled 'Meet Ron DeSantis' and which consists entirely of his claimed accomplishments as governor of Florida and then some pablum about how he will be bringing similar wonderfulness to the presidency

I see nothing remotely interpretable as a platform for a presidential run

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I know it's likely you and your fellow travelers will just see what comes next as alibiing or Trump worship, but do you ever even think ... beyond trying to show DeSantis knows how to talk tough? Are there logical alternate explanations?

Is it possible that Trump has a better grasp of Realpolitik? Is it possible that Trump realizes that to end the war in Ukraine will require negotiating with Putin, and that just maybe saying he is a war criminal that needs to be dragged to the dock in The Hague will make those negotiations MUCH more difficult? Is it possible that Trump knows that The Three is just a shot away (nod to The Stones), Russia is a nuclear peer and some de-escalation might be in order?

As far as whether Trump only wants tough sounding sound bites, Gen. Qasem Soleimani could not be reached for comment
    Maybe so. DeSantis was just answering the question though that he was asked which many others believe he is and Putin should be held accountable.

"Morgan asked DeSantis if Putin should be held responsible for war crimes and genocidal activity in Ukraine?'

Should he have just said "No Comment" and silently launched a drone attack on Putin instead? Don't believe that's an option here in this case like it was with the Iranian General. (Which i gave some props to Trump at the time for authorizing that little gift)

Maybe the message sent to Putin was that he should and will be held accountable? It's no different than what anyone else was saying.

Was Trump giving Putin a complimentary butter massage a better grasp of "Realpoliitik" too? He likes to give those out. He gave a doozy to Kim Jung un when they had their love affair. It looks like he's trying to re-kindle that affair with lil" Kim now btw.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Uhhh, the only thing I can see, at the link provided and which doesn't want me to sign up for something, is the subsection entitled 'Meet Ron DeSantis' and which consists entirely of his claimed accomplishments as governor of Florida and then some pablum about how he will be bringing similar wonderfulness to the presidency

I see nothing remotely interpretable as a platform for a presidential run
    Ok Bug. WTH are you talking about? That wasn't what was posted in the link that I sent you. What you're talking about was in the subsection of that link. This was in the link that I posted. I even double checked it. Here I'll provide it here for you and everyone else to see so we can stop this nonsense. It's rather lengthy but you like reading.

Announcement
    I am running for President of the United States because I want to lead Our Great American Comeback.
    Our country is going in the wrong direction. We see it with our eyes and we feel it in our bones.
    • Our southern border has collapsed and drugs are pouring into our country, killing tens of thousands of our fellow Americans
    • Our cities are being hollowed out by spiking crime -- the result of weak, ideologically-driven policies
    • Our federal government is making it harder for the average family to make ends meet and to attain and maintain a middle class lifestyle
    • Our president lacks vigor, flounders in the face of our nation's challenges, and takes his cues from the woke mob
    But it doesn't have to be this way.
    American decline is not inevitable -- it is a choice. We should choose a new direction -- a path that will lead to American revitalization.
    We must restore sanity to our nation.
    • This means embracing Fiscal and economic sanity ... stop pricing hard-working Americans out of a good standard of living through inflationary borrow, print and spend policies. And embrace American energy independence.
    • This also means Replacing the woke mind virus with reality, facts, and enduring principles. Merit must trump identity politics.
    We must return normalcy to our communities.
    • America is a sovereign country and our borders must be respected: we cannot have foreigners pouring into our country illegally by the millions, and we cannot allow drug cartels to poison our population with fentanyl.
    • The public deserves safe communities and law and order must be maintained. We cannot permit the inmates to run the asylum -- and we must reject attacks on the men and women of law enforcement.
    We must reestablish integrity in our institutions.
    • This includes our military. US Navy and Iraq veteran. When revered institutions like our own military are more concerned with matters not central to the mission -- from global warming to gender ideology and pronouns, morale declines and recruiting suffers. We need to eliminate these distractions and get focused on the core mission.
    • We cannot have true constitutional government if the most significant issues are decided by the whims of unelected bureaucrats, rather than the people's elected representatives. Reestablishing integrity to our institutions means we must reinvigorate our constitutional system by returning the government to its rightful owners: we the people. No social or economic transformation without representation.
    Truth must be our foundation -- and common sense can no longer be an uncommon virtue.
    In Florida, we proved that it could be done.
    We chose facts over fear.
    We chose Education over indoctrination.
    We chose Law and order over rioting and disorder.
    We held the line when freedom hung in the balance.
    Florida is now thriving as a result -- the fastest growing state, #1 in net in-migration, #1 in new business formations, #1 in education, 50 year low crime rate, and one of the lowest tax and debt per capita rates in America.
    Governing is not entertainment. Its not about building a brand or virtue signaling on social media. It is about results. Our results in Florida have been second to none.
    We can and we must deliver big results for America.
    I pledge to be an energetic executive that will take on the important issues head on:
    • Biden has pursued inflationary policies that are hurting working people; we will reverse those policies and build an economy where working Americans can achieve a good standard of living.
    • Biden has opened the southern border and allowed massive amounts of drugs to pour into the country; we will shut down the border, construct a border wall, and hold the drug cartels accountable.
    • Biden has embraced medical authoritarianism, such as unconstitutional covid vax mandates; we will ensure that those violations of liberty can never happen again.
    • Biden has allowed woke ideology to drive his agenda. We will never surrender to the woke mob and we will leave woke ideology in the dustbin of history.
    • Biden has politicized the military and caused recruiting to plummet. We will eliminate ideological agendas from the military, focus on the military's core mission, and reverse the poor recruiting trends.
    • Biden has weaponized the power of the administrative state to advance his left-wing agenda. We will re-constitutionalize the executive branch and bring the administrative state to heel.
    You can't do any of this if you don't win.
    There is no substitute for victory -- we must end the culture of losing that has infected the Republican party in recent years.
    The tired dogmas of the past are inadequate for a vibrant future -- we must look forward, not backwards
    The courage to lead. The strength to win.
    To voters participating in this primary process I can promise this: If you nominate me, you can set your clock to January 20, 2025 at high noon because on the west side of the US Capitol I will be taking the oath of office as the 47th president of the United States.
    No excuses. I will get it done.
    The past few years have given me a new appreciation for the fragility of our freedoms. Founding Fathers were keenly aware of this, studied every republic in history of mankind...
    We have a lot of work to do to ensure our country gets back on track. I ask you to join me on this mission.

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I thought I was in the Trump page? But since it seems to be the #2 page then I’ll just say people that know #2 all say the same thing, he is NOT a people person. What you see in on tv as he presents himself is not who he is in real life around people. Putin and all others will chew this guy up and spit him out. His cornball election commercials probably prove that. Either way I’m not sure we swinging this Country back around. Next Congress next POTUS no matter the party are still going to spend like crazy until we crash and burn. They are pretty much all bought and paid for by….Soros…China or just fill in the blank with your choice. It’s a Cartel that’s not going down without a fight, and they don’t even have to fight, they just bribe and blackmail to victory.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "Morgan asked DeSantis if Putin should be held responsible for war crimes and genocidal activity in Ukraine?'

Should he have just said "No Comment" and silently launched a drone attack on Putin instead?
    Well, he could have said Putin is also a head of state, and a nuclear one at that, and although what he has done is reprehensible, talk of war crimes trials is just talk unless we want to pursue regime change. He could also mention regime change seldom works out but the first sentence is probably at or beyond the attention span of Piers Morgan

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Was Trump giving Putin a complimentary butter massage a better grasp of "Realpoliitik" too? He likes to give those out. He gave a doozy to Kim Jung un when they had their love affair. It looks like he's trying to re-kindle that affair with lil" Kim now btw.
    Did he get results?

INGO says if anyone should understand the power of flattery it should be Trump

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    DeSantis goes on the offense and slams Trump for congratulating the "murderous dictator" Kim Jung Un (his chum that he had a love affair with btw) after North Korea recently got a seat on the executive board of the WHO.

Trump praised Kim in a Truth Social post Friday for North Korea being awarded an appointment to the executive board of the World Health Organization. He linked in the post to an American Greatness story that was critical of the position being granted to WHO, but ignored the premise of the article to praise Kim, whom he has called a friend.

I'm sure we all remember this too. I think some would like to forget it though.

Trump’s praise of Kim has prompted controversy before.

In 2018, at a rally in Virginia, the former president spoke about how he and Kim “fell in love” as they got to know each other as world leaders – and how Kim had written him “beautiful” and “great letters.”
    Is it also possible that treating other humans in power respectfully or even friendly is what kept NK from doing stupid **** during Trump’s term works, but what is happening now inflames it? Do you guys really believe that rapport building and dealing with assholes only happens at your work? Do you also think all those Camp David meetings with enemies over the years were all about letting them know how bad they were? Or maybe rapport building and some worthless praise might just win over the peace?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ok Bug. WTH are you talking about? That wasn't what was posted in the link that I sent you. What you're talking about was in the subsection of that link. This was in the link that I posted. I even double checked it. Here I'll provide it here for you and everyone else to see so we can stop this nonsense. It's rather lengthy but you like reading.

Announcement
    I am running for President of the United States because I want to lead Our Great American Comeback.
    Our country is going in the wrong direction. We see it with our eyes and we feel it in our bones.
    • Our southern border has collapsed and drugs are pouring into our country, killing tens of thousands of our fellow Americans
    • Our cities are being hollowed out by spiking crime -- the result of weak, ideologically-driven policies
    • Our federal government is making it harder for the average family to make ends meet and to attain and maintain a middle class lifestyle
    • Our president lacks vigor, flounders in the face of our nation's challenges, and takes his cues from the woke mob
    But it doesn't have to be this way.
    American decline is not inevitable -- it is a choice. We should choose a new direction -- a path that will lead to American revitalization.
    We must restore sanity to our nation.
    • This means embracing Fiscal and economic sanity ... stop pricing hard-working Americans out of a good standard of living through inflationary borrow, print and spend policies. And embrace American energy independence.
    • This also means Replacing the woke mind virus with reality, facts, and enduring principles. Merit must trump identity politics.
    We must return normalcy to our communities.
    • America is a sovereign country and our borders must be respected: we cannot have foreigners pouring into our country illegally by the millions, and we cannot allow drug cartels to poison our population with fentanyl.
    • The public deserves safe communities and law and order must be maintained. We cannot permit the inmates to run the asylum -- and we must reject attacks on the men and women of law enforcement.
    We must reestablish integrity in our institutions.
    • This includes our military. US Navy and Iraq veteran. When revered institutions like our own military are more concerned with matters not central to the mission -- from global warming to gender ideology and pronouns, morale declines and recruiting suffers. We need to eliminate these distractions and get focused on the core mission.
    • We cannot have true constitutional government if the most significant issues are decided by the whims of unelected bureaucrats, rather than the people's elected representatives. Reestablishing integrity to our institutions means we must reinvigorate our constitutional system by returning the government to its rightful owners: we the people. No social or economic transformation without representation.
    Truth must be our foundation -- and common sense can no longer be an uncommon virtue.
    In Florida, we proved that it could be done.
    We chose facts over fear.
    We chose Education over indoctrination.
    We chose Law and order over rioting and disorder.
    We held the line when freedom hung in the balance.
    Florida is now thriving as a result -- the fastest growing state, #1 in net in-migration, #1 in new business formations, #1 in education, 50 year low crime rate, and one of the lowest tax and debt per capita rates in America.
    Governing is not entertainment. Its not about building a brand or virtue signaling on social media. It is about results. Our results in Florida have been second to none.
    We can and we must deliver big results for America.
    I pledge to be an energetic executive that will take on the important issues head on:
    • Biden has pursued inflationary policies that are hurting working people; we will reverse those policies and build an economy where working Americans can achieve a good standard of living.
    • Biden has opened the southern border and allowed massive amounts of drugs to pour into the country; we will shut down the border, construct a border wall, and hold the drug cartels accountable.
    • Biden has embraced medical authoritarianism, such as unconstitutional covid vax mandates; we will ensure that those violations of liberty can never happen again.
    • Biden has allowed woke ideology to drive his agenda. We will never surrender to the woke mob and we will leave woke ideology in the dustbin of history.
    • Biden has politicized the military and caused recruiting to plummet. We will eliminate ideological agendas from the military, focus on the military's core mission, and reverse the poor recruiting trends.
    • Biden has weaponized the power of the administrative state to advance his left-wing agenda. We will re-constitutionalize the executive branch and bring the administrative state to heel.
    You can't do any of this if you don't win.
    There is no substitute for victory -- we must end the culture of losing that has infected the Republican party in recent years.
    The tired dogmas of the past are inadequate for a vibrant future -- we must look forward, not backwards
    The courage to lead. The strength to win.
    To voters participating in this primary process I can promise this: If you nominate me, you can set your clock to January 20, 2025 at high noon because on the west side of the US Capitol I will be taking the oath of office as the 47th president of the United States.
    No excuses. I will get it done.
    The past few years have given me a new appreciation for the fragility of our freedoms. Founding Fathers were keenly aware of this, studied every republic in history of mankind...
    We have a lot of work to do to ensure our country gets back on track. I ask you to join me on this mission.
    You're right, I didn't read that beyond what seemed it was going to be an introduction to Ron Desantis. I went in search of a subsection specifically devoted to policy. My Bad

He still hasn't said anything much about what he specifically will do with the big chair

He's going to 'build an economy where working Americans can achieve a good standard of living'. OK, how? Reshoring, combat CCP mercantilism with punitive tariffs, regulatory and regulatory agency reform? My candidate DID all of that and more

He's going to 'shut down the border, construct a border wall, and hold the drug cartels accountable'. OK, how? Discourage immigration at the source and by implementing Remain in Mexico, fund a wall by diversion of other appropriations if congress won't fund it directly and taking military action against the cartels? My candidate already did the first two and wasn't stupid enough to try the third

He's going to 'ensure that violations of liberty - via 'unconstitutional' covid vax mandate - scan never happen again.' OK, how? Can he pass a law forbidding states from imposing such mandates that will pass constitutional muster, can he make a single reform of the structure of the CDC or the NIH without congress acquiescence (other than change out the appointees), can he redirect funding for government organizations via the power of the purse? My candidate did not do that, we'll have to see if yours can get it done in the face of divided gov't

He's going to 'leave woke ideology in the dustbin of history.' OK, how exactly? Will he forbid federal agencies and the military from incorporating CRT into standards and training? Can he pass a law telling states what to do in that area that will pass constitutional muster. Will he try to use the power of government to enforce his desires on major, publicly-held corporations. My candidate already did the first and wasn't foolish enough to try the other two

He's going to 'eliminate ideological agendas from the military, focus on the military's core mission, and reverse the poor recruiting trends.' Your candidate could do this and so could mine. When my candidate was president, it wasn't anything that needed doing as support from the top for the military as well as overt support for ending involvement in pointless wars and nation building (which my candidate DID do) goes a long way toward making Americans proud to serve

He's going to 're-constitutionalize the executive branch and bring the administrative state to heel.' My candidate tried but fell short, I would really like to know some specifics

Long on promises short on proposals. Why should I believe he can do it better than Trump DID do it? If it requires control of congress, I'd like to hear his proposals for electing more America First representatives and senators

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom