• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    While I have admittedly not been able to find DeSantis's views on the Paris accords as of yet but I would image, he's not in favor of them given his stance on the politization of the weather. I believe that only Democrats have openly been in favor of them.

Nevertheless, I will give credit to Trump for his efforts to pull out of them.
    Perhaps, in the interests of credibility (which, of course, I no longer have) perhaps you might consider holding DeSantis to the same standards you wish to hold Trump to - to whit, Trump is only given (grudging) credit for what he actually has done, not what he said he wanted to do. Even drastically decreasing illegal incursions at the southern border, via 'Remain in Mexico' and similar actions to discourage people from making the attempt and leveraging every way he could possibly divert funds to build the wall, he is only criticized because he said he would close the border and he did not

So, what concrete actions has Ron taken, in Florida. Words and intentions don't count under the current RoE

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So, DeSantis articulates a position now that Trump held at least 8 years ago and acted on very early in his administration - but that's not slipstreaming, it is evidence of a 'forceful' position, which garners a pass in the 'seems awfully convenient' sniff test

Again, he's a national candidate now. Being limited in commenting on national issues by being governor is no longer in effect. If you want to be forceful, why not just say 'China is responsible for well over 50% of global CO2 emissions and that number is growing because they are not required to even stabilize their emissions until 2060. In a rigged deal like that stringent controls will only disrupt our economy without affecting the supposed problem. My administration will not allow that economic damage to happen'
    Hey I gave credit to Trump. what more do you want? but that still doesn't mean DeSantis is in favor or ever has been in things like leftist mitigation initiatives such as carbon taxes and eliminating fossil fuels which the Paris accords want a pledge to do. There's no indication that he would ever pledge to any such thing even as POTUS.

I'm pretty sure his stance on that is the same nationally as it is in Fla. Why would'nt it be?

Now if you can show anything that he's said advocating for US participation in the Paris accords then I would say he's in favor of it.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    While I have admittedly not been able to find DeSantis's views on the Paris accords as of yet but I would image, he's not in favor of them given his stance on the politization of the weather. I believe that only Democrats have openly been in favor of them.

Nevertheless, I will give credit to Trump for his efforts to pull out of them.

is a joke. Guy launches a presidential campaign with a website like that? With links to the below. First he wants me to listen to his latest blowhardiness. then he wants me to help him. Then he wants to sell me stuff and donate money. The Platform should have went up FIRST. Tell me why I should do all the rest of that stuff. I understand he's just getting out of the gate but if I don't hear your message, why should I do any of the rest of the stuff below?

Even the worst preachers know you gotta deliver a message when you are gonna pass the plate.

Feed
    Join The Team
    Volunteer
    Shop
    Donate
    Events
    Meet Ron DeSantis
    Meet Casey DeSantis
    Press & Media
    Work with Us

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

is a joke. Guy launches a presidential campaign with a website like that? With links to the below. First he wants me to listen to his latest blowhardiness. then he wants me to help him. Then he wants to sell me stuff and donate money. The Platform should have went up FIRST. Tell me why I should do all the rest of that stuff. I understand he's just getting out of the gate but if I don't hear your message, why should I do any of the rest of the stuff below?

Even the worst preachers know you gotta deliver a message when you are gonna pass the plate.

Feed
    Join The Team
    Volunteer
    Shop
    Donate
    Events
    Meet Ron DeSantis
    Meet Casey DeSantis
    Press & Media
    Work with Us
    Even though the announcement may have had glitches he still has a platform for people to check out and he's been out campaigning on it. You are acting like that's all there was, and he's never had a platform, thus he should be forever cast aside because of it. People are still interested in hearing about his policies and if they like what they see he's asking for donations just like any other candidate.

His campaign has been able to raise money despite the announcement glitch so some people must like what they see in his policy platform.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    People are trying to say positive things about DeSantis again. We can't have that. WE only want them to say good things about Trump. Hail "MAGADINIONS!"

1685894041233.png

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hmmm... I don't believe that I can find Fia. anywhere on this list but if anyone else can let me know. I looked it over twice. Doesn't look to me like DeSantis is part of the group of Governors in this alliance that made the announcement in 2019 in opposition to Trump's Parris accord pullout.

Fla is not even in the alliance. Other GOP governors are that have made the pledge of allegiance to the Global climate change cabal but he's not one of them.

Nope still can't give him any credit. What else ya got?

California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | Hawaii | Illinois | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Montana | Nevada | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Puerto Rico | Rhode Island | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | Wisconsin

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Even though the announcement may have had glitches he still has a platform for people to check out and he's been out campaigning on it. You are acting like that's all there was, and he's never had a platform, thus he should be forever cast aside because of it. People are still interested in hearing about his policies and if they like what they see he's asking for donations just like any other candidate.

His campaign has been able to raise money despite the announcement glitch so some people must like what they see in his policy platform.
    Where is his platform? Why isn't it on his website?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Where is his platform? Why isn't it on his website?
    Here's his mission statement on his campaign website. Seems to me he's basing his platform on that and i would imagine he's out campaigning on it. Looks to me like you probably got a link directly to his donation page. I would be going WTF? too. :scratch:

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Perhaps, in the interests of credibility (which, of course, I no longer have) perhaps you might consider holding DeSantis to the same standards you wish to hold Trump to - to whit, Trump is only given (grudging) credit for what he actually has done, not what he said he wanted to do. Even drastically decreasing illegal incursions at the southern border, via 'Remain in Mexico' and similar actions to discourage people from making the attempt and leveraging every way he could possibly divert funds to build the wall, he is only criticized because he said he would close the border and he did not

So, what concrete actions has Ron taken, in Florida. Words and intentions don't count under the current RoE
    Once again didn't DeSantis support Trump's border policies, including a wall and he even tried to help him find alternative ways to fund it while he was in Congress? You just act like he sat on his hands and did nothing at all as if he opposed those policies. Trump needed support in Congress at the time and DeSantis was one of those giving it to him.

He also stood steadfastly by Trump and vocally supported him from day one when Trump was being persecuted by the phony Russia "collusion" gang that was out to get him.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why is Power capitalized? If you're suggesting there is a hidden (evil) power behind those working to destroy us, I'm OK with that. The 'rational' atheists probably won't be.

If that was just a typo, the thought is still valid (but details count when others are trying to divine your meaning)
    I’d say evil is as evil does. So I’m okay with calling it evil. But no. I wouldn’t personify it. Little e suffices.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "If wishes [stances] were horses [reliable indicators of later policies] then beggars [second tier candidates] would ride [be electable]"
    Know exactly what you mean. Trump claimed his stance was pro 2A. I was shocked that a politician would go back on his word, after hearing him say, “take the guns first and then due process.”

But anyway, you asked what DeSantis’s stances were on a few issues. So then you got stances provided. Mind being a little more consistent in what you’re asking for? Thanks in advance.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think you have to watch ALL of the videos of him saying anything and sift out the relevant bits :coffee:

And if you don't like watching videos, well-l-l-l ... get off the streets!
    You and I share an abhorrence of video watching. That is for how to stuff mostly.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The reason that I'm partial to video at times is because it's often easier to find an interview, speech or a press conference than a transcript of them. At least for me it is. If I could then I would certainly do so.

I often queue the video to the spot I am posting it for so others don't have to go searching for it. I do the work in that regard, and I always try never to ask anyone to watch anything at great length. usually not more than a couple of minutes.

Now I do also understand the advantage of written because it's something you can peruse through easier and also cut and paste to quote from if need be, for example.

So that's why I make an effort to find things in articles and such and I have posted plenty of that stuff as well. Anyone that thinks I haven't done both has not been paying attention.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The reason that I'm partial to video at times is because it's easier to find an interview or a press conference than a transcript of them.

I often cue the video to the spot I am posting it for so others don't have to go searching for it. Now I also understand the advantage of written because it's something you can cut and paste to quote from.

So I do make an effort to find things in articles and such and I have posted plenty of that as well. Anyone that says I haven't done both has not been paying attention.
    We are all wired differently in how we process and prefer to process information. I mean no disrespect.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    We are all wired differently in how we process and prefer to process information. I mean no disrespect.
    I understand your point and I hope that you can understand mine now that they both have merit and usefulness to some degree in their own right.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom