• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Fair enough, I disagree on it absolving someone of clearly dodging on the meat of a substantive post but to each their own. Is there really a big problem of people making accounts to troll regional gun message boards?
    What would you make, then, of someone who claims to have been ghosting on INGO for some time and reading many of the threads but is unable to find the answer to a question that has been asked many times

FYI, in the upper right of the screen is a magnifying glass symbol and the word search. If you click on that and search on 'Trump bumpstock ban', for me it returns 7 pages of results currently

Maybe you're just reading the wrong threads before deciding to make a provocative post?

Epoxyfun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2022
    New Albany
    My bad, didn't even realize I was replying to posts a page back in the history, been a long time since I was on a forum like this. Switched to reddit from digg when that whole fiasco went down and the only forum I used like this one was anandtech back in the day.

In summary, thanks to everyone who responded to the content of my character rather than the color of my newbie label. I assure one and all I am not a nefarious ne'er-do-well, just a random guy who really enjoys discussing politics.

Who
    Whose on top?

I know who I'd like to be on top... jests aside, I think Gabbard would be a poison pill to any campaign she was in. I've agreed with some of what I've seen her say but she seems unstable and I don't think either side would be drawn in by her at this point.

Put Sanders in her place if you really need two women.

Epoxyfun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2022
    New Albany
    What would you make, then, of someone who claims to have been ghosting on INGO for some time and reading many of the threads but is unable to find the answer to a question that has been asked many times

FYI, in the upper right of the screen is a magnifying glass symbol and the word search. If you click on that and search on 'Trump bumpstock ban', for me it returns 7 pages of results currently

Maybe you're just reading the wrong threads before deciding to make a provocative post?

Said I've read quite a few pages of comments on this thread, not that I've been "ghosting for some time". I didn't join a discussion board to search through thousands of old posts, I mean who does? I came to a political thread, read a few hundred comments then checked out the most recent few pages and commented on something I was curious about.

I guess in response I could suggest avoiding my comments and using the search function to find other topics you could dodge on discussing? :)

This'll be my last meta comment, I really just want to discuss things, not whether I've checked enough imaginary boxes to be allowed to discuss things. If a mod comes along and tells me newbies aren't allowed or I'm doing wrong here I'll happily comply, but I read the rules when prompted by a mod on my welcome post and think I'm following them.

Now, any thoughts on Trump's gun stances and why his other positives are enough to outweigh them and give him your vote?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Maybe someone should put together a required reading list before someone is allowed to post.
    Or maybe any comment should be submitted first via PM for approval by the GP overlords before it's allowed to be posted in the open forum. Hey that could take care of noobs posting right away in the GP because they can't PM unless they have 50 quality. Problem solved.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And a list of subjects that cannot be discussed anymore as they have already been discussed.
    I think there needs to be a sticky. I think the first one on the list should be any negative subject about Trump.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    @Epoxyfun. You're good to go. You're adding to the discussion. You're within the rules. Differing opinions are allowed here.

Some members get defensive of the site. We have had a fair share of trolls, which at this point, I'm fairly certain You're not.

And as far as supporting Trump and some of the stupid **** he's done and said regarding our 2A rights, it was far better than what we have now. I think we can agree on that. Trump did not physically sign or EO any gun regulations, unlike the current administration

Carry on

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Fair enough, I disagree on it absolving someone of clearly dodging on the meat of a substantive post but to each their own. Is there really a big problem of people making accounts to troll regional gun message boards?
    Big problem, no, problem, yes. Folks get butthurt, get banned then troll on a schill account. Others get an account just to troll a gun forum.

You have joined a conversation in progress but are asking questions answered many times before, my guess is you know the answers already. No one here owes an answer to anyone.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thanks, I don't feel like what I said could be construed in a dishonest or trolling way at all. This is a gun forum, and I'm a staunch supporter of gun rights so I was simply asking how someone caring enough about guns to be on a gun forum feels about supporting someone with seemingly poor bonafides on the topic.
    Well. Let me ‘splain it to ya. Hold up. Lemme get my maga hat on so I can think straight.

Hold on…

It’s called.

4D chess.

Boom!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Everything possible that can be discussed has already been discussed. Stop discussing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Or maybe any comment should be submitted first via PM for approval by the GP overlords before it's allowed to be posted in the open forum. Hey that could take care of noobs posting right away in the GP because they can't PM unless they have 50 quality. Problem solved.
    Uh. This overload thing. How do I apply for such a thing? Is there an interview? Do I have to take a test?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think any noob should be required to read an entire thread before they can comment on that thread. No cheating by using the search function.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom