May 26, 2018
    North Central

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    For extra credit, read the oath administered to the president when he takes office and then read the oath administered to legislators and appointees and explain why there is a difference

Presidential oath of office

Legislator and appointee oath of office
    Is the key difference the word "support" and that Trump was technically correct in saying that he never took an oath to "support" the Constitution and was thus not required to "support" it for the purposes of the motion? Is that the argument?

Last edited:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Is that egg I see on some faces here? When one’s fellow travelers are NYT, CNN, PMSNBC, etc. might be time to rethink priorities…
    Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:–I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

So it's semantics now? "Preserve, protect and defend" do not equate to "support "? Are you ****ing kidding me? Me have egg on my face? I'm only embarrassed to think that I could engage in adult conversation with people who are so affected with their own TDS that they are either too obtuse or too stubborn to accept anything remotely negative about their megalomaniacal messiah. I'm out.

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    The last thread was.......beautiful.
    It was the most beautiful thread ever.
    All our threads here are beautiful.... and perfect.
    The most perfect ever...........and beautiful, too!
    A lot of people, smart, top notch, important, and amazing people were all saying it was the greatest. Everyone was saying that.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So it's semantics now? "Preserve, protect and defend" do not equate to "support "? Are you ****ing kidding me? Me have egg on my face? I'm only embarrassed to think that I could engage in adult conversation with people who are so affected with their own TDS that they are either too obtuse or too stubborn to accept anything remotely negative about their megalomaniacal messiah. I'm out.
    If we're going by words of oaths, in the motion that was filed, it says the presidency is not an office but right there in the oath it says. "I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States."

Word games. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    He didn't actually say any of that. His lawyers wrote it. It is totally a legal argument.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It was always semantics from the beginning of this BS. Lawyers made a legal argument in a filing and the leftist media jump all over it to create a false narrative about Trump, a narrative you jumped all over too. So bug points out the you were being deceived by semantics and I pointed out you were on the same page as the leftist media and suggested rethinking that…

Do we support the Constitution in the second term?

What a retard. I guess he had his fingers crossed when he took the oath of office.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If we're going by words of oaths, in the motion that was filed, it says the presidency is not an office but right there in the oath it says. "I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States."

Word games. :rolleyes:
    “The framers excluded the office of President from Section Three purposefully,
    Section Three does not apply, because the presidency is not an ottice "under the
    United States." the president is not an "officer of the United States." and President
    Trump did not rake an oath "to support the Constitution of the United States."

The argument they are making as I see it is actually in line with my documents case explanation, the laws and duties are different for the president than anyone else in government. Thus his oath is different from the oath others take. The word games were being played by the leftist media, not by those enlightening the ignorant…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I believe a BLM founder is for Trump if one reads it as written…
    Relax IM. I wasn't suggesting that Trump was for BLM. Why would he be in favor of Trump if Trump doesn't support BLM is what I was getting at.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That isn't a very good criteria. What makes him more invesigated than any other president? Other presidents have been invesigated

+1 it was just the normal amount of invesigation of a political opponent... totally normal I tell you.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    “The framers excluded the office of President from Section Three purposefully,
    Section Three does not apply, because the presidency is not an ottice "under the
    United States." the president is not an "officer of the United States." and President
    Trump did not rake an oath "to support the Constitution of the United States."

The argument they are making as I see it is actually in line with my documents case explanation, the laws and duties are different for the president than anyone else in government. Thus his oath is different from the oath others take. The word games were being played by the leftist media, not by those enlightening the ignorant…
    Hey, I was merely going by the words of the oath. Going by that the Presidency is an office.

Top Bottom