Trail Camera Favorites...Post your favorite pictures captured on your cameras!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Two cams, high side of thicket. Zero pics.
    Have one along creek............deer activity around 730pm and 1230am.
    6 diff bucks and a few does. Biggest buck around 120"
    Have not laid eyes on him all yr.

One buck pic in daylight.

What was dynamite area before and during gun season, is stone cold now.
    We suspected this years ago, that this is a waste of time in late season.
    Cameras support that.

Its pretty much a 3 or 4 week hunting spot.

Means we need other places to hunt early/late.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Even in my yard where I feed the deer, very little deer activity. I see a ton of turkeys but very few deer. Those that are visiting are mostly small. The bigger buck I see about once a week and it is very late at night.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Pulled my SD card. Got some pics on my cam finaly (others were on bud's cam).
    Right before daylight, 2 hrs after sunset or midnight.
    3 diff bucks, none big, couple big does and some fawns.
    Daylight was all squirrel.......proly same knucklehead too.
    Found an active scrape down lower, more toward creek (less than 50 yards from bow stand).
    Moved cam to it.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Even in my yard where I feed the deer, very little deer activity. I see a ton of turkeys but very few deer. Those that are visiting are mostly small. The bigger buck I see about once a week and it is very late at night.

Been noticing the same thing the last few days. Even during the gun season there were lots of visits to the yard. Maybe the weather making such wide swings on what seems a daily basis has them sitting tight.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I've been seeing a decent amount of movement on my cameras over the last week and a half. I've had 3-4 nice looking 3 year olds and a 5 year old 6 pointer moving almost exclusively between 9 PM and 6 Am. Oddly, the only buck I've had daylight photos of more than once is one of the two oldest bucks on the property. I had 3 photos of the same buck in 2016 all after dark, only one photo in 2017 but during the day, no photos in 2018 and probably close to a dozen days of daylight movement this year. Unfortunately, all of the day time movement so far has either been when I wasn't able to hunt or in locations I wasn't hunting at the time.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Well, this is new!! Our first bobcat siting! I have it on video too but am not sure how to share that.

This is in my back yard!

6ySRt1O.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I was shocked...have not seen any evidence of them in our area but have heard reports from time to time of possible sitings. No doubt about it, that is a bobcat. The video is even more clear than this picture. It looks like a big one.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's neat. I've heard what I thought have been a cat of some sort near us but never has seen one. I've seen coyotes and I've seen wild pig (down the road a bit) but no big cats yet.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Pulled the card from the one camera I have on my property the other day and found several pics of this guy. I've never seen him before but one of my neighbors says he was seeing him regularly until season started.

RZJKEAeh.jpg

gMbgnPyh.jpg

3WQA0Hnh.jpg

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I finally got around to checking batteries from dead cams and am still glad I bought that battery tester. That thing has paid for itself several times over. The only down fall to this tester is it cannot test C or D batteries due to its design even though it states it can. Doesn't really bother me as all my cams take AA. Out of 24 suspect only 4 were actually dead. I do keep the used batteries in a ziploc bag and reuse them in cams that are set for pics only. The vid cams get lithiums (new and used).
    81300883_10221832592230946_1561013530247823360_o.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My son went through and tested the box of dead batteries one day. He deemed many of them to be good. As soon as I put them back in the cameras, they all died within a couple of days so I just toss them now when the camera says low battery and won't come on when changing the cards. I go through a lot of lithium batteries. Buying off of Ebay works pretty well.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    My son went through and tested the box of dead batteries one day. He deemed many of them to be good. As soon as I put them back in the cameras, they all died within a couple of days so I just toss them now when the camera says low battery and won't come on when changing the cards. I go through a lot of lithium batteries. Buying off of Ebay works pretty well.

I use these Amazon brand high capacity rechargeable batteries in my Bushnell Trail Cameras. I buy 16 for each camera. While 8 are in the camera I keep the other 8 freshly charged at home. I run three cameras so I have a lot of batteries but they end up being much less costly than the Lithiums. I do 30 second videos on my 3 cameras and usually in a week get about 80 videos per camera. I switch mine out with fresh batteries every week but I don't have to because some times I miss a week so the batteries will last on video about 3 weeks. Longer if you are just taking photos. Here's a link to the batteries that I use (they have saved me a lot of money in my Bushnell Cameras).

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...locphy=9016422&hvtargid=pla-81173590860&psc=1

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I use these Amazon brand high capacity rechargeable batteries in my Bushnell Trail Cameras. I buy 16 for each camera. While 8 are in the camera I keep the other 8 freshly charged at home. I run three cameras so I have a lot of batteries but they end up being much less costly than the Lithiums. I do 30 second videos on my 3 cameras and usually in a week get about 80 videos per camera. I switch mine out with fresh batteries every week but I don't have to because some times I miss a week so the batteries will last on video about 3 weeks. Longer if you are just taking photos. Here's a link to the batteries that I use (they have saved me a lot of money in my Bushnell Cameras).

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...locphy=9016422&hvtargid=pla-81173590860&psc=1

I might have to try those! I have tried other rechargeables but didn't have good luck with them.

I buy 100 lithiums at a time...every two to three months. Too many cameras and a couple of them take 12 batteries each. Those don't last as long because I have them set to do videos and photos simultaneously. I had so many turkeys in the yard the last couple of months that the cameras were constantly taking pictures. My husband just shakes his head and says he is glad I have a job to support my wildlife habits.

Top Bottom