• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just do not go to court and be like this guy (start at 24 minutes in)

It long, but just the level of stupidity and self entitlement of the defendant...

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    My 2 cents, pay the ticket. Anyone that talks (out in the hall) away from the judge doesn’t know enough about the law to take sound advise when it’s given.

There is a reason prosecutors talk out in the hall, away from the judge. And none of them are good for you.

Indianapail

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 13, 2020
    Brownsburg
    Is it Speedway town court or Marion County traffic court?
    Speedway and Clermont use beach grove court.
    Called to inquire about the deferral program and was told there is no infraction limit on the nature of the moving violation to defer.
    Basically if I get caught going 100 in a 40 I can still defer it for the 229$ through beach grove. Thought that was wild tbh

Will probably just end up doing that and using cruise control for a few months.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    A traffic lawyer just takes care of the ticket for you ends up costing normally double what the ticket is but it is completely off your record. I don’t know how they do it some voodoo lawyer magic I guess. I would just call around I don’t think it is rocket surgery :dunno::laugh:and none of you have ever had a fun car in your whole life?:oldwise:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Speedway and Clermont use beach grove court.
    Called to inquire about the deferral program and was told there is no infraction limit on the nature of the moving violation to defer.
    Basically if I get caught going 100 in a 40 I can still defer it for the 229$ through beach grove. Thought that was wild tbh

Will probably just end up doing that and using cruise control for a few months.
    100 in a 40 is Reckless Driving and an arrestable misdemeanor, but I understand the intent of your example. I'd pay it and slow down.

Indianapail

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 13, 2020
    Brownsburg
    A traffic lawyer just takes care of the ticket for you ends up costing normally double what the ticket is but it is completely off your record. I don’t know how they do it some voodoo lawyer magic I guess. I would just call around I don’t think it is rocket surgery :dunno::laugh:and none of you have ever had a fun car in your whole life?:oldwise:
    Trying to find the lawyer that plays golf with the judge on the weekends. Thats where the real magic happens LOL

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    A few years ago I was stopped for speeding in my recently acquired Corvette and I didn't have my insurance card in the car (think it blew away with the top down at one point). I thought I could just accept the speeding ticket and get it deferred since I haven't had an infraction in many years, but it ended up to effectively pleading guilty to having no insurance even though I WAS fully insured. No amount of calling or correspondence with the courts or BMV got me anywhere to correct it.

So, I called this office for help. She was a former prosecutor and knows all the players (prosecutors, clerks, judges, etc.). It cost me $450 to get a 'driving without insurance' ticket vacated, like it never happened. It sucks when the system is so convoluted that you must pay someone like that just to get anywhere with the system.

Chambers Law Office, LLC is Indiana’s trusted law firm for criminal defense, DUI, traffic law, lemon law and family law matters. Our firm serves clients in Indianapolis and throughout central Indiana, including in Marion, Shelby, Johnson, Hancock, Hendricks, Boone and Hamilton Counties, among others. Founded by Julie Chambers, a former Marion County Deputy Prosecutor, our team is committed to providing personal, high-quality, and affordable legal representation to every client.

Indianapail

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 13, 2020
    Brownsburg
    A few years ago I was stopped for speeding in my recently acquired Corvette and I didn't have my insurance card in the car (think it blew away with the top down at one point). I thought I could just accept the speeding ticket and get it deferred since I haven't had an infraction in many years, but it ended up to effectively pleading guilty to having no insurance even though I WAS fully insured. No amount of calling or correspondence with the courts or BMV got me anywhere to correct it.

So, I called this office for help. She was a former prosecutor and knows all the players (prosecutors, clerks, judges, etc.). It cost me $450 to get a 'driving without insurance' ticket vacated, like it never happened. It sucks when the system is so convoluted that you must pay someone like that just to get anywhere with the system.

Chambers Law Office, LLC is Indiana’s trusted law firm for criminal defense, DUI, traffic law, lemon law and family law matters. Our firm serves clients in Indianapolis and throughout central Indiana, including in Marion, Shelby, Johnson, Hancock, Hendricks, Boone and Hamilton Counties, among others. Founded by Julie Chambers, a former Marion County Deputy Prosecutor, our team is committed to providing personal, high-quality, and affordable legal representation to every client.
    This is exactly what I was looking for thanks for the recommendation

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    So it's worth several hundreds to keep this off your record?

In my best Paul Harvey voice, "what's the rest of the story"? (some will get the reference)

:shady: .
    Not shady in my book. Years ago, I got a speeding ticket on I-70 in Missouri. I gladly paid a few hundred extra to a lawyer and not have it stick....

Some would just prefer to keep their record squeaky clean...

Top Bottom