• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Got nicked going 42 in a 25 on main st. In speedway. Kid in his 20s with a loud car it was probably his easiest ticket he wrote that day.

While I could probably get into the deferral program I'd rather just pay to have the ticket taken care of in court.
    Curious if anyone knows of any good trafic lawyers around the Indy area?

(Reason for not wanting to get the deferral is I drive through speedway most days and the likelihood of getting another ticket is certainly a non zero probability)

Better call Saul.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    On a similar note....

Question:

When you are driving in the passing lane with a line of cars to your right at say 75 to 80 in a 70 zone and somebody on your bumper starts flashing their low/ hi headlights, what is the message they are signaling and what do you do?

Indianapail

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 13, 2020
    Brownsburg
    There are correct places to do that. I would recommend one of those. I spend plenty of weekends a year driving as fast as the car can go on track. Drive on the street with people at normal speeds. Please do that and slow the **** down. I’d rather not lose my wife because sone jackass thought going fast was fun.
    Despite all the defiance against slowing down in this thread I will admit that I really need to drive slower/safer. I could meaninglessly **** someone else's life and my own up with a reckless car accident that stems from speeding. (Which would be about the dumbest thing to do.)

I should really get into autox this summer as an outlet and a place to drive closer to the limit vs speeding on the street.

Last edited:

Indianapail

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 13, 2020
    Brownsburg
    On a similar note....

Question:

When you are driving in the passing lane with a line of cars to your right at say 75 to 80 in a 70 zone and somebody on your bumper starts flashing their low/ hi headlights, what is the message they are signaling and what do you do?
    Bury the speedo /s

But seriously this has to be one of my biggest i-69 pet peeves.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Bury the speedo /s

But seriously this has to be one of my biggest i-69 pet peeves.

That's the signal I know in that situation.

So I down shifted, floored it, got past the line and moved to the right lane. Then the guy flashing his headlights pulled behind me and hit is strobes....cop.

So I pull over and he asks if I knew how fast I was going.

"About 80"

"You were, then I clocked you at 97"

"Yeah, I sped up because I was getting flashed to get out of the way"

"I was flashing to tell you to slow down"

"That's not what flashing headlights mean"

Wrote me a ticket for 94.... nothing but a ******* idiot.

Took the ticket and went on....From time to time I wonder if that ****head ever gained some common sense.

It does little good to argue with idiotic ***holes. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Its gonna be tough to justify any speeding tickets to someone that last earned one in 1978. Swear too God.
    Damn.... that was before my time!

But, who's justifying it? I'm just saying pay a bit more and get rid of it. My last ticket was 15+ years ago...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That's the signal I know in that situation.

So I down shifted, floored it, got past the line and moved to the right lane. Then the guy flashing his headlights pulled behind me and hit is strobes....cop.

So I pull over and he asks if I knew how fast I was going.

"About 80"

"You were, then I clocked you at 97"

"Yeah, I sped up because I was getting flashed to get out of the way"

"I was flashing to tell you to slow down"

"That's not what flashing headlights mean"

Wrote me a ticket for 94.... nothing but a ******* idiot.

Took the ticket and went on....From time to time I wonder if that ****head ever gained some common sense.

It does little good to argue with idiotic ***holes. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    I hope you went to court for that one.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Despite all the defiance against slowing down in this thread I will admit that I really need to drive slower/safer. I could meaninglessly **** someone else's life and my own up with a reckless car accident that stems from speeding. (Which would be about the dumbest thing to do.)

I should really get into autox this summer as an outlet and a place to drive closer to the limit vs speeding on the street.
    There's a great location west of Indy in Putnam county that does track stuff if you find Autox too tame. I did AX for 11 years before getting into Time trials.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    There are correct places to do that. I would recommend one of those. I spend plenty of weekends a year driving as fast as the car can go on track. Drive on the street with people at normal speeds. Please do that and slow the **** down. I’d rather not lose my wife because sone jackass thought going fast was fun.
    Time trials, autox and other sanctioned speed events are fun but the barriers to entry are more than many are willing to overcome.

On my bucket list is to take the Corvette on the Silver State Classic Challenge in Nevada, ~69 miles each way on open highway as fast as you dare (in your speed class).

I really wish the USA had something similar to the autobahn. There's no reason it couldn't be done in this country with all the open space. Require extra driving training and have a special endorsement (like the mc endorsement) on your license to drive it .

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Your cheapest (and best) option, as mentioned above, is to just take the deferred adjudication. If you Google "traffic attorneys" in your area, (or use the link above), they will probably also be able to get you pled down. But it will likely cost quite a bit more than the deferred adjudication.

I definitely understand the conundrum though. I've got another 2 months on my deferred adjudication, since my county makes you behave for 12 months instead of the usual 6.

Top Bottom