• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indianapail

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 13, 2020
    Brownsburg
    Got nicked going 42 in a 25 on main st. In speedway. Kid in his 20s with a loud car it was probably his easiest ticket he wrote that day.

While I could probably get into the deferral program I'd rather just pay to have the ticket taken care of in court.
    Curious if anyone knows of any good trafic lawyers around the Indy area?

(Reason for not wanting to get the deferral is I drive through speedway most days and the likelihood of getting another ticket is certainly a non zero probability)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    What are you imaging the lawyer is going to do for you in court? What legal basis to dismiss the ticket? I've been in your shoes. Tickets are not based on probable cause and all the prosecutor needs to prove their case is 51% likely that you were speeding. Not the "beyond a reasonable doubt" we find in criminal cases. Seems like a lawyer is just throwing your money away.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Got nicked going 42 in a 25 on main st. In speedway. Kid in his 20s with a loud car it was probably his easiest ticket he wrote that day.

While I could probably get into the deferral program I'd rather just pay to have the ticket taken care of in court.

(Reason for not wanting to get the deferral is I drive through speedway most days and the likelihood of getting another ticket is certainly a non zero probability)
    *puts on dad hat*

If you drive through an area you know the speed limit is enforced, just drive the speed limit. ESPECIALLY in a flashy/loud/fast "look at me" car. Or at least within 7mph of it. Most cops wont even blink if you are less than 10 over.

Just take the deferral (learn your lesson) and slow down. That is your cheapest route. "don't want none, won't be none."

Good luck.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    How ironic. Got ticket in a town called Speedway.
    Agree with other comments; follow the law (speed limits).

Take it to court. Chance the officer does not show and the charges are dropped. Worked for me more than once before I learned it was easier to follow the law.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

You mean you want to pay the ticket, or contest it? Don’t really need a lawyer for either.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    You mean you want to pay the ticket, or contest it? Don’t really need a lawyer for either.
    Youngsters. Always trying to make things more complicated and expensive. Buy an old pickup and drive the speed limit. Saved my ass when I was 20. I had 12 points on my license at 19 and they only give you 10. Last county cop that pulled me over for 70 in a 55, just came back to the car shaking his head. Said "Defensive driving class is in your future. I'll not write you today. Just slow down."

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Youngsters. Always trying to make things more complicated and expensive. Buy an old pickup and drive the speed limit. Saved my ass when I was 20. I had 12 points on my license at 19 and they only give you 10. Last county cop that pulled me over for 70 in a 55, just came back to the car shaking his head. Said "Defensive driving class is in your future. I'll not write you today. Just slow down."

Ole dad would say: "If your in that much of a **** hurry, get your *** out of bed earlier."

Yes OP, this one's on you. Quit arguing and take your licks. One of the greatest attributes a man can have is to admit when he's in the wrong, and make adjustments accordingly.

*Takes dad hat off*

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    and put a muffler on it. Seriously. A.) no one wants to hear that ****. 2.) it puts a giant flashing arrow over your head. Even if you aren't speeding you become a target. There are many options to quiet it down and I can guarantee you you're not losing any power.

Slow down, leave earlier and blend in a little bit. Makes your life a whole lot easier. We've all been there, done that and have the ringing ears to prove it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How many people speed because they are late? Most just speed.
    That's me to a T. But I also keep my eyes on the road and scanning for Smoky.

But I don't grab an attention grabbing car. (Got a Charger you can't stop revving, OP?)

I asked a lawyer, mentor, and your pastor how U can get out of a ticket.
    His response was, "we're you speeding? Then pay the ticket."

As a stupid teenager it never occurred to me to accept responsibility.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How ironic. Got ticket in a town called Speedway.
    Agree with other comments; follow the law (speed limits).

Take it to court. Chance the officer does not show and the charges are dropped. Worked for me more than once before I learned it was easier to follow the law.
    Based on what I hear the old “hope the cop does not show” doesn’t work often anymore. A couple of people have said they were continued. TPTB want the money, once in the computer system hard to get out free…

Indianapail

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 13, 2020
    Brownsburg
    and put a muffler on it. Seriously. A.) no one wants to hear that ****. 2.) it puts a giant flashing arrow over your head. Even if you aren't speeding you become a target. There are many options to quiet it down and I can guarantee you you're not losing any power.

Slow down, leave earlier and blend in a little bit. Makes your life a whole lot easier. We've all been there, done that and have the ringing ears to prove it.
    It has a set of mufflers and resonators it's just still crazy loud with test pipes. First ticket I've gotten in ~ year and a half + never had one go on my record.

Indianapail

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 13, 2020
    Brownsburg
    Based on what I hear the old “hope the cop does not show” doesn’t work often anymore. A couple of people have said they were continued. TPTB want the money, once in the computer system hard to get out free…
    Even if the cop does show up you're baiting the prosecutor into actually letting it go to court. Generally they will cut a deal with a lawyer outside to avoid the ticket wasting court time.
    Went to court for a friend who had a nasty (not eligible for to be deferred) ticket that got written down and deferred by a good bit this way.

Indianapail

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 13, 2020
    Brownsburg
    *puts on dad hat*

If you drive through an area you know the speed limit is enforced, just drive the speed limit. ESPECIALLY in a flashy/loud/fast "look at me" car. Or at least within 7mph of it. Most cops wont even blink if you are less than 10 over.

Just take the deferral (learn your lesson) and slow down. That is your cheapest route. "don't want none, won't be none."

Good luck.
    I drive past the track and the spirit of the late Dale Earnhardt comes over me and without realizing I mash the pedal to the floor /S

Top Bottom