Traffic stop turns into man arrested for marijuana, firearms, and over $40k in cash

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You're also not talking about a 6k Malibu either. I'd love to be able to afford a 40k vehicle guess I picked the wrong job field lol
    Where can you buy a new Malibu for 6K?

In today's world, 40K+ is not a lot of money for a new car. A top end Malibu comes in at just under $38K. A new Blazer will probably be in the same price range as a lower end Alfa.

Dcamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2021
    Boone county

In today's world, 40K+ is not a lot of money for a new car. A top end Malibu comes in at just under $38K. A new Blazer will probably be in the same price range as a lower end Alfa.
    Ahh I never said a new Malibu either my apologies on that . I'm on the broker side of things i still buy my vehicles used with alot of miles

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

Well equipped F150s are at 70k right now... note that is NOT fully loaded...

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Possession of an automatic weapon (not transfer just possession) is that a crime in Indiana? Federal yes, but Indiana Code?
    While I'm not sure on this specific aspect, Indiana code makes reference to federal code to piggyback the violation and also make it a state offense to violate federal firearms laws. It's one of the things I'd like to see changed for next year.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The "thingy" in question is a 30 second install and were originally coming from China :shady: (who would have thunk it). Now more likely coming off 3D printers.. IF this is was what the young gent had in his possession he should be in seriously hot water.

From an AD on our friend Amazon in 2017

View attachment 199365

https://www.atf.gov/news/pr/indictment-so-called-‘glock-switches’-would-have-turned-pistols-machineguns
    The “Drop in Thingy” is catchy, I am asking because I really don’t know, is that correct for how you install it?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Well equipped F150s are at 70k right now... note that is NOT fully loaded...
    insane-in.gif

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    While I'm not sure on this specific aspect, Indiana code makes reference to federal code to piggyback the violation and also make it a state offense to violate federal firearms laws. It's one of the things I'd like to see changed for next year.
    There are a couple things I’d like to see next session. January will be here before we know it.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    An Alfa Romeo is not a base level beige Chevy Malibu. Just sayin. Also 80 in a 55 is not 59 in a 55.

A Whitestown Metropolitan Police Department officer pulled over a blue Alfa Romeo on Friday for following too closely and speeding on Interstate 65 NB. While speaking with the driver, later identified as 25-year-old Sheldon Williams of Chicago, the officer said they smelt marijuana odor from the car.
    Well, there goes my theory of: he had $40k in cash to go buy a nice used hooptie.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    An Alfa Romeo is not a base level beige Chevy Malibu. Just sayin. Also 80 in a 55 is not 59 in a 55.

A Whitestown Metropolitan Police Department officer pulled over a blue Alfa Romeo on Friday for following too closely and speeding on Interstate 65 NB. While speaking with the driver, later identified as 25-year-old Sheldon Williams of Chicago, the officer said they smelt marijuana odor from the car.

Over an ounce (30 grams) but less than 10 pounds (quite a range there) is a Level 6 felony. Possession of a HANDGUN without a LTCH is a Class A Misdemeanor.

Possession of an automatic weapon (not transfer just possession) is that a crime in Indiana? Federal yes, but Indiana Code?

Williams was taken to the Boone County Jail, where he is being held pending recommended charges of:

• Possession of an Automatic Weapon,
    • Possession and Dealing of Marijuana, and
    • Possession of firearms without a license.

Why am I not surprised.

Top Bottom