• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood
    Anyone know of a good independent Toyota mechanic in Greenwood or nearby? I’m looking for a Toyota expert for some basic work, but more importantly someone I can rely on in the future with the goal of my Tacoma lasting forever.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm just about the farthest thing from a mechanic as one can get... But I always kind of assumed that the Taco was both quite robust AND easy for the owner to work on themselves?

I mean - not ME... but regular people? hah.

I've had SOME mechanical work done on an OLD Buick at Oakley Automotive. I've also heard good things about Motors Plus. Green's Automotive replaced a wheel bearing or two for me ages ago.

If/when I need mechanic'in stuff, I may also give Christian Brothers a shout and see what they're all about.

Good luck!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Not Toyota specific, but I really like Castleton Auto. It's a little north or 82nd St off I-69. Kind of a pain to get to, but no bloated estimates or run around. They are open and honest, charge a fair price and get the work done quickly.

I had a Corolla I used to take to them, but they've also worked on my Chevy's and a Hyundai. Good people over there.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not Greenwood, but Dan Jones Automotive has high marks from Toyota folks I've known. Bonus, it's right next to Diamond Collision, in Avon, in case you need to go see AllenM about spending some custom gun money.

I've had good luck overall with Raymond's Automotive in Plainfield dealing with my Toyota FJ, as well as we have a Honda Pilot and a Subaru, but I will say their prices have started to climb and they were not exactly cheap to start with, but been able to trust them and they have stood behind their work when I did have a part failure on something that they had worked on.

Top Bottom