• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I didn't catch your name, but I want to thank you again for not giving me a ticket for going 93 in a 70. You could have been a HUGE a-hole for me going that fast, but were polite and quick with returning my license and registration because I was late for work...Which is no excuse for going that fast.

Oh yeah, when I got there instead of being 10 minutes late I was 50 minutes early, so I also need to thank Kara or Xander for messing with the alarm clock and moving it an hour fast.

Both deny touching it.:rolleyes:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    It seems you got really lucky!!! I never get that lucky!!!

Besides this morning, any time I've been pulled over was during a fishing trip, so I was let off with some BS "warning." This was the first time I was actually in the wrong and got cut a break. He actually didn't even give me a verbal warning, he just said, "please slow down, buddy."

I haven't gotten that many tickets during my driving career, but this is the first time I've ever been pulled over for speeding and not gotten a ticket. This is also well over 10MPH faster than I (almost) ever drive over the limit.

I would totally say I am super-lucky not to get a ticket if it wasn't for the fact that the only reason I was speeding is so I could get to work almost an hour early.:laugh:

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    the state cops i've encountered (more than i care to admit) are usually pretty professional. gave me a ticket, every time, but thats the job.

except the one dude that gave me a ticket while i was on my way home from thanksgiving, i was speeding home for a get together to plan a funeral.
    not an excuse anyway, but c'mon buddy.

county and local cops have usually let me go.

i also have talked my way out of a DUI, an underage one at that. i think the cop felt sorry for me after i pulled my bike on top of myself at an intersection. that, or let me go as compensation for his amusement.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Not to be too much of a party pooper, but is your job so important that it is worth risking your life and those around you? I would rather have my husband alive and unemployed than to have him in a horrific accident. Or see him live with himself after he killed someone else just to get to a job on time.

By the way, what kind of car to do you drive that doesn't have a clock or a radio in it?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Not to be too much of a party pooper, but is your job so important that it is worth risking your life and those around you? I would rather have my husband alive and unemployed than to have him in a horrific accident. Or see him live with himself after he killed someone else just to get to a job on time.

By the way, what kind of car to do you drive that doesn't have a clock or a radio in it?

I'm sorry you are unable to safely control your vehicle @ 90+MPH driving down an interstate with no traffic, but I can. Thank you for your concern though.

To answer your question, I have a GMC Jimmy and just replaced the battery in it and forgot to reset the clock.

For the first time in years I did not go to bed with my phone on my nightstand (with my second alarm set), so it was basically the perfect storm for me.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I didn't want to start an arguement, I was just pointing out that a job is not that important to put your life or someone elses in danger for. But since you want to make it personal and attack my driving ability when I'm not the selfish ***

Fine with me if you don't care if someone else raises Xander or sleep with his new woman Kara...

Hope your bank account is full too so the family of the poor soul you killed, when you couldn't control your vehicle and an accident occurs, sues you.

ac·ci·dent

/ˈæk sɪ dənt/ [ak-si-duh nt]

noun

1. an undesirable or unfortunate happening that occurs unintentionally and usually results in harm, injury, damage, or loss; casualty; mishap: automobile accidents.

2. Law. such a happening resulting in injury that is in no way the fault of the injured person for which compensation or indemnity is legally sought.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Rayne, first off I apologize for not proofreading my post; it was supposed to say, "I'm sorry *IF*you are unable..."

But again, just because I don't obey an arbitrary speed limit with no one else on the road does not make me unsafe.

I been in exactly zero traffic accidents (while driving). You?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Every trooper that has pulled me over (just a few) has just given me a warning EXCEPT the ones in MIAMI county around Peru. I don't think they know what a warning is. But they are always polite.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Really wasn't that fast, don't see what the hubub is about. Glad you didn't get the ticket, but overseas, some of the highways, you get passed like you are standing still doing 90, and they are well in control of the vehicle. Depending on the area, under 100 is not really that hard to control.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Really wasn't that fast, don't see what the hubub is about. Glad you didn't get the ticket, but overseas, some of the highways, you get passed like you are standing still doing 90, and they are well in control of the vehicle. Depending on the area, under 100 is not really that hard to control.

Their roads in better shape? I would be more concerned with hitting a pothole and/than loosing control.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    Besides this morning, any time I've been pulled over was during a fishing trip, so I was let off with some BS "warning." This was the first time I was actually in the wrong and got cut a break. He actually didn't even give me a verbal warning, he just said, "please slow down, buddy."

I haven't gotten that many tickets during my driving career, but this is the first time I've ever been pulled over for speeding and not gotten a ticket. This is also well over 10MPH faster than I (almost) ever drive over the limit.

I would totally say I am super-lucky not to get a ticket if it wasn't for the fact that the only reason I was speeding is so I could get to work almost an hour early.:laugh:

I received a warning for going 83 in a 65 once. It was shortly after moving here. The officer said "Welcome to Indiana, big red truck, rare last name, next time is a ticket." I received that message loud and clear.

On the other hand, I was ticketed for going 5 over (it was 3 over tops) for passing an officer in the left hand lane. I do believe he exercised his ego that day. It was waaaaaaayyy down south in Indiana.

It's almost like these guys are human.

Last edited:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Their roads in better shape? I would be more concerned with hitting a pothole and/than loosing control.

Nope, maybe not as many potholes as the Chicagoland, and their roads are narrower. Its more you drive to your speed. OUR speed limits were set to help conserve fuel, not all of them are there for safety. Some of them are though, but the highway, not all of them. Although, the Autobahn does actually have speed limits in some areas too, and some areas do not have them. Just depends on the area.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    93 in a Jimmy, thats not that bad. It would be different if it was a Jeep or something :)

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Apparently Indy cops aren't that cool. I got a ticket going 71 on 465 and damn near missed my flight because of it (granted I passed him, but it was an international flight for work).

Top Bottom