• ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Scratching my head

I broke the law, endangered my life, the officer's life, and the lives of everybody else who might have been near me but the officer would have been an a**hole if he had done what he's paid to do?????

I don't understand the concept. :dunno:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I broke the law, endangered my life, the officer's life, and the lives of everybody else who might have been near me but the officer would have been an a**hole if he had done what he's paid to do?????

It would appear there are a few things you don't understand about driving...

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Darned few

It would appear there are a few things you don't understand about driving...

Having driven the streets of Indy for a living 8 hours a day for 26 years, I understand quite a lot about drivers and driving. Primarily, most drivers are a lot less skilled and a lot more dangerous than they think they are. There are, however, a lot of things I don't understand and some of them relate to attitudes. Particularly the attitudes of those who think the law doesn't apply to them and want to complain about the police when they find out it really does. I think they call that refusal to accept accountability for one's own actions.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Having driven the streets of Indy for a living 8 hours a day for 26 years, I understand quite a lot about drivers and driving. Primarily, most drivers are a lot less skilled and a lot more dangerous than they think they are. There are, however, a lot of things I don't understand and some of them relate to attitudes. Particularly the attitudes of those who think the law doesn't apply to them and want to complain about the police when they find out it really does. I think they call that refusal to accept accountability for one's own actions.

I didn't see Benny complaining about it. I'm sure he would have accepted it, since he was knowingly breaking the law. I think he was just saying that he's grateful that he didn't get the ticket and was just posting to let everyone know that not all cops are jerks like some members on INGO would lead us to believe.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Their roads in better shape? I would be more concerned with hitting a pothole and/than loosing control.

I can't say I've ever even seen a pothole on the interstate around here...There are very few potholes anywhere actually. It's a bit different than Indy. I can't stand even driving there.

You misunderstood me. If he would have given me a ticket, I would have accepted the fact that I deserved it. I'm saying he could have been an a-hole by yelling at me and giving me a lecture about "reckless driving." Regardless of not getting a ticket, he was quick and very polite about it.

Lucky guy, Benny! I'm suprised about the ISP.

Me too, especially since it was the very end of the month (30th).

He must have realised you have a LTCH when he ran your plate and let you off because he recognised you as a fellow INGO member.

No mention of firearms in any of this???

No mention at all. I'm not entirely sure he even ran my license (because of how fast he returned). I really do think he just cut me a break because I was late and he just checked to see if my registration was current and wanted to let me be on my way as quick as possible.

Like I said, the guy was super-nice.

93 in a Jimmy? Doesn't that turd top out at 96? I know mine did.

Don't ask.

93 is the fastest I've ever driven in it, but it didn't seem to be struggling.

I rarely go more than 5 or so over the speed limit.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have to say most encounters with LEO at the state level are fair and I usually deserve what ever I receive. I always run with traffic and that is at least 10 over most days. I have been driving since 1965 and have lost track of the awards I have received for my miss-behaving behind the wheel or handlebars. record is clean as a pin right now.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Hey Benny

Benny..........Here's the part that bugged me. "You could have been a HUGE a-hole for me going that fast". Maybe purple?

I do hope I misunderstood you but I've seen many posts here by guys who act as if the officer is the bad guy when they get caught breaking the law.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Benny..........Here's the part that bugged me. "You could have been a HUGE a-hole for me going that fast". Maybe purple?

I do hope I misunderstood you but I've seen many posts here by guys who act as if the officer is the bad guy when they get caught breaking the law.
    All Benny meant was the Officer could have dressed him down on the side of the road and he would have had to just take it like a man. :twocents:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin

There's a big difference between giving a ticket in a professional manner and being a d*ck. He's saying that he could have not been professional.

I think he even stated that he would have been fine with, and accepted, a ticket.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    All Benny meant was the Officer could have dressed him down on the side of the road and he would have had to just take it like a man. :twocents:

There's a big difference between giving a ticket in a professional manner and being a d*ck. He's saying that he could have not been professional.

I think he even stated that he would have been fine with, and accepted, a ticket.

I thought I made all of this abundantly clear with my last post, but I guess not.

Getting a ticket would have had nothing to do with him being an a-hole or not.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    These threads always interest me. Police are always nice to me when I get pulled over. And it happens with some frequency!

My dad, who had a number of LEO friends -- never mind they were Chicago PD and 99% of them were as crooked as Lombard Street in San Francisco...oh the stories he would tell me about them!!! -- always told me, "By the time the officer walks up to your car, have your registration and license in your hand, the engine turned off and your window rolled down." I always say "sir" or "ma'am", too. Also, I always admit I was speeding and never make up any lame ass excuse. My financial ass is in his hands...I know it and he knows it, so I readily reflect that in my manner and general interaction with the officers.

I know one day I will meet the guy who will write me up for going 32 in a 30, but it hasn't come yet, Deo gratias!

p.s. Of course I usually have one or more of my kids in the car and they always make sad faces when I get pulled over. Maybe that makes them think twice about writing me up. :D

Top Bottom