Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh no. Johnson is indeed a hopeless stoner. But not every libertarian is a hopeless stoner.

I have shared this before but this seems like an appropriate time.
    The Libertarian Campaign offices were at one time located in a building downtown that I took care of the HVAC in. They were prominently posted up on the 1st floor. No other offices were on the 1st floor at that time and the elevators were right across from them.

There was not a day (and I was in that building multiple times weekly) that you could walk by that office and not smell the weed. The staff parked in an adjacent garage that was connected to the building and they spent a fair amount of time out their stoking up.
    Late afternoon was always a treat to see those people.

Thing is nobody else was ever around. Just the staff. And yes they were total stoners.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Right. Also, that's unrelated to why current guidance is to wear a mask in public.

Masks don't stop healthy people from inhaling aerosol virus. Masks have been shown to reduce the amount of virus that becomes aerosol from the exhalations of infected people. Less virus in the air leads to fewer new infections. We don't need everyone to go through life in bulletproof vests; we need to stop having bullets fly through the streets in the first place.

If wearing a mask means that we can get back to normal life sooner (as is happening in the parts of the world where the vast majority of people are wearing masks), I'm going to do it, and I wish everyone would.

There are likely 250,000+ people in the U.S. who are currently infected but don't know it yet (4x the daily number of new cases reported). All of those people should be wearing masks to reduce the spread of the virus. Since we don't know who those people are, and since the cost of wearing a mask is very low, I wear a mask whenever I am in close proximity to anyone outside my household.
    What other rights and freedoms are you willing to give up because the government tells you it's for the safety of the greater good?

Guns? Because guns are killing people in record numbers in Chicago. Yeah I know it's the criminals and not the guns but I'm trying to play devils advocate.

People have the right to decide what their own threshold is that they want to personally put themselves at risk.
    If you think you need a mask to avoid this and you believe a mask will be effective then you need to wear one as a personal choice. I'd make sure it was more than cloth if I were you.

If you think its unsafe to go out in public then I'd suggest you stay at home. Again, personal choices.
    If 15,000 people want to go to a concert or a ballgame now and they feel safe or that the risks to themselves are worth it then they should be allowed to do it. People who are crying "masks" and "social distance", stay the **** home then but you dont have the right to control your neighbors.

I'm sick and ****ing tired of this current state of things were all over this country people think they have the right to be the loudest and control other people. Same with our gun rights. Politicians give the loudest squeak the oil. That's not how it works! Or is supposed to work. We have something called the constitution. And I'm sick of hearing about public safety over this falsely inflated virus. It is nowhere near as deadly or bad as what we have been told. The facts do not back up what these stooges are saying. They are wrong time and time again.
    This is all about control and many sheep are giving them exactly what they want. Submission.

Also businesses should be able to be completely open without being oppressed by the government.
    Businesses have restrictions because these tyrants in government are threatening them with fines and the loss of their business licenses.

If we have learned anything through this overexagerated emergency it is that government has WAY too much granted and stolen authority to oppress us and be able to hide behind words like LAW or for the greater good, or for public safety, or common sense.
    When we can finally get the state legislature in session I hope they figurately ***** slap governor Holcomb and real him back down to constitutional reality. One man or woman should NEVER have this much power and the constitution never allowed for it. They have passed illegal laws to give this much power to themselves.

This is all coming to a head. Mark my words. I'm seeing this clear like nostradamus and just calling it. If we dont force our elected representatives to fix what's going on in this country both at the state and federal lever and elect true public servants, then the system, the people are going to hit the red button and do it themselves. We.are close people, closer than we have been since 1861 or 1776. Very very close.
    I said on ingo before that we 5 to 10 years away. It's been close to that 10 years at this point. A storm is on the horizon.
    Even if we can wake our elected officials up and force them to start upholding the oaths they took, we still will have the violent angry mobs of marxists to put down. We in for a violent and dark ride either way it goes. I hope you are ready and prepared. Stock up on food, ammo, etc. Get closer with your trusted friends/family now and get them ready too because we are all going to need each other soon.

Good luck

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Next thing you know they're going to be telling us if we don't have a tattoo on our forehead and on our right hand, we'll be going to prison for violating some orders.

Welcome to the trial run of that policy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Next thing you know they're going to be telling us if we don't have a tattoo on our forehead and on our right hand, we'll be going to prison for violating some orders.

Welcome to the trial run of that policy.

OK good point as I have said since the beginning of this crap it is a dress rehearsal for the sheeple.
    They real play is next.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    What other rights and freedoms are you willing to give up because the government tells you it's for the safety of the greater good?

When I wrote what I wrote, I hadn't yet heard of the statewide mandate. I very intentionally didn't call for government mandates, as I am no more fond of them than you are. Instead, I asked you all to consider that a minor inconvenience for you might prevent someone else's injury or death and might also get us all back to normal sooner.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    When I wrote what I wrote, I hadn't yet heard of the statewide mandate. I very intentionally didn't call for government mandates, as I am no more fond of them than you are. Instead, I asked you all to consider that a minor inconvenience for you might prevent someone else's injury or death and might also get us all back to normal sooner.

There isn't a normal to get back to.
    Masks aren't going away any more than the TSA is going away. And the sooner some of you folks could get that through your head, the faster we could move to a resolution.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    There isn't a normal to get back to.
    Masks aren't going away any more than the TSA is going away. And the sooner some of you folks could get that through your head, the faster we could move to a resolution.

What is this "resolution" you are hoping for?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If I believed it would work or happen I may consider it.
    I believe this virus is no worse than other sicknesses.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    If they would just make condom use mandatory. Think of the savings. And on Wednesdays, mandatory wearing of mickey mouse hats. Think of the fun ahead. All by executive fiat

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What is this "resolution" you are hoping for?

Non-compliance with the government thinking they're going to "force" solutions, much less do nothing solutions.

As I said before, if they'd treated it this seriously back in janurary and feburary when the writing was on the wall that this was going the be a problem, that'd be different.
    Now it's an untenable situation, and all this virtue signaling is not going to turn back the clock. They predicted way back then that 80% of the population would get it anyway.

The ship came and went, it's time to stop throwing **** at the wall as if anyone cares now, and get back to business as usual as NOTHING you do will matter this late in the game.

There was no excuse of any kind to allow the protests that swept the nation and likely caused the massive spike, but they played down the virus for the majority of that time period. Now that the protests have wound down, they're ramping up virus propaganda.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Non-compliance with the government thinking they're going to "force" solutions, much less do nothing solutions.

As I said before, if they'd treated it this seriously back in janurary and feburary when the writing was on the wall that this was going the be a problem, that'd be different.
    Now it's an untenable situation, and all this virtue signaling is not going to turn back the clock. They predicted way back then that 80% of the population would get it anyway.

The ship came and went, it's time to stop throwing **** at the wall as if anyone cares now, and get back to business as usual as NOTHING you do will matter this late in the game.

There was no excuse of any kind to allow the protests that swept the nation and likely caused the massive spike, but they played down the virus for the majority of that time period. Now that the protests have wound down, they're ramping up virus propaganda.

Did you do that on purpose?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Did you do that on purpose?

CJ that makes zero sense to me or anyone else. What is your purpose. You asked and were answered. Pretty simple.

There is no amount of feel good left in this. Helping others is great if it had an end result to the positive. To many ifs ands and what ever's mixed in with political :bs:.

Can you not see this my friend. You are way to smart to have blinders on. All the evidence of labs pencil whipping results. Counting every death as C-19 related. It is a farce of the highest order.

Again, if you are sick, stay your butt at home. Don't go to work and share what ever you have with everybody else. Stay home.
    If you are compromised do the same. If you want to help then donate time to get the shut inns supply's and help. Hell I would do that as would my spouse. That is helping. Wearing these stupid face diapers does not ****ing help.

And again, if you want to feel all warm and fuzzy then yes, wear them. No knock sir. No shaming.

And yes I said all of that on purpose.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Can you explain what it is you think he did?

Camping Josh pointed out that Tombs advocated non-compliance with the government in the same post where he said the government should not have allowed the protests.

And I think there's a very important point there much bigger than one person's Ingo post.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom