• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I go to my doctor once a month for an injection. I've always worn my mask (tight weave, cloth mask, not a disposable paper mask) with no issues. Today, for the first time since this whole thing started, they actually made me switch to one of their paper disposables. I've had them do that at hospitals before, but I don't know why my doctor's office started this policy just as the mandate for our county is getting ready to be lifted for the general public.

When I said something about never having to do it before to the gal who checked me in, her response was, "Well, I just don't want to get in trouble." So obviously one of the "bosses" (the office is owned by a corporation) made the decision, and probably not the doctors themselves.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I go to my doctor once a month for an injection. I've always worn my mask (tight weave, cloth mask, not a disposable paper mask) with no issues. Today, for the first time since this whole thing started, they actually made me switch to one of their paper disposables. I've had them do that at hospitals before, but I don't know why my doctor's office started this policy just as the mandate for our county is getting ready to be lifted for the general public.

When I said something about never having to do it before to the gal who checked me in, her response was, "Well, I just don't want to get in trouble." So obviously one of the "bosses" (the office is owned by a corporation) made the decision, and probably not the doctors themselves.
    They likely have to justify the tens of thousands of masks they ordered with the infusion of fed and state money.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That's what I figured you meant. I still stand by my "yoga pants" part though.

Yeah, not everybody looks good in tight yoga pants.

When I see someone who does I just look, say nothing, look away (to avoid the creepy long stare) then look back again.

When I see someone who doesn't I just look away and say nothing.

Either way I'm not going to comment on people's choice of pants.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

When I see someone who does I just look, say nothing, look away (to avoid the creepy long stare) then look back again.

Either way I'm not going to comment on people's choice of pants, or lack of
    FIFY. :cool:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Either way I'm not going to comment on people's choice of pants.
    Im hurt. Please stop judging me.

vulindlela

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2020
    Avon
    I think what he is trying to say, Kirk, is that asymptomatic people are not particularly contagious. I remember a study that came out probably close to a year ago, when asymptomatic spread was a hot topic. It was out of South Korea, which had comprehensive pandemic security and contact tracing in place. IIRK, it followed 407 cases of asymptomatic positives and in 406 cases there was no spread to other persons they had come in contact with. In the 407th case there had been an infection in which there were potentially other pathways but they could not rule out contact with the asymptomatic carrier. At that time they officially adopted the opinion that asymptomatic spread was not a concern, and they are a modern, first world country with excellent testing and medical intervention as well as tracking

What I wonder is, like masking, if vaccines work why isn't it enough for you to protect yourself. How can you catch something from the maskless if YOU are protected? Seems either the protection ISN'T useful or the perception of needed continued infringement of liberty IS useful
    While I had not seen the South Korea study, I did see this:
    Science for the win!

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    While I had not seen the South Korea study, I did see this:
    Science for the win!

If you are asymptomatic and they can't find any "viable virus" in cultures - what makes you a case at all?
    Sounds more like a false positive in the test.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Yoga pants keep work interesting when I visit factories in the winter, just like shorts and tank tops do in the summer.;)

I have to admit though that masks can improve on some appearances.

Top Bottom