• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Maybe, but often not the information I’m looking for and as AI becomes more reliable there will be even less. Just try to use the big search engines to find an article you read on Townhall or GWP, you can type in the actual headline and it still will not come up in my tests.

DragonGunner is absolutely correct as I searched in vain for some of the same stuff. My holy grail has been looking for an article, possibly from the Atlantic but certainly a left publication, that detailed how the election fraud in Philadelphia occurs. It was written a couple of years before 2020. It is like a fart in the wind, nowhere to be found.

Even with the massive amount of information I believe we are only getting the approved story…
    So you think there was more information available in the past than there is now? When was this time of more information?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So you think there was more information available in the past than there is now? When was this time of more information?
    What did I say?

Maybe, but often not the information I’m looking for and as AI becomes more reliable there will be even less. Just try to use the big search engines to find an article you read on Townhall or GWP, you can type in the actual headline and it still will not come up in my tests.

DragonGunner is absolutely correct as I searched in vain for some of the same stuff. My holy grail has been looking for an article, possibly from the Atlantic but certainly a left publication, that detailed how the election fraud in Philadelphia occurs. It was written a couple of years before 2020. It is like a fart in the wind, nowhere to be found.

Even with the massive amount of information I believe we are only getting the approved story…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What did I say?
    Then I am not sure why you interjected that.

I did miss your last line though.

How can you say that with all of the information posted on this board about Covid? It isn't the most published information, but information contrary to the approved story is plentiful.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Then I am not sure why you interjected that.

I did miss your last line though.

How can you say that with all of the information posted on this board about Covid? It isn't the most published information, but information contrary to the approved story is plentiful.
    How many, even here, look down their nose at doctors posting on substack and other blog sites? Information is out there but TPTB do everything in their power to marginalize it.

It is interesting that they have kept the lid on vaccine side effects for this long but it may be reaching critical mass soon. The info was out there but not for the masses. If the FDA turned on big pharma vaccinations it would blow up in one day, as it is the control of information has made it take a year or more to even get to the fringes on mainstream…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I mean before that, back when news was real - I am old so Pepperidge Farm and I remember.
    They never were the neutral objective news they tried to make the viewers believe. Huntley-Brinkley, Cronkite and all the others were just as biased as they thought they could get by with. Want proof? Look no farther than the involvement in operation mockingbird.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    They never were the neutral objective news they tried to make the viewers believe. Huntley-Brinkley, Cronkite and all the others were just as biased as they thought they could get by with. Want proof? Look no farther than the involvement in operation mockingbird.
    Yes, but that was more pro-American propaganda and part of the cold war. I wasn't looking at it in that light.
    Back then the news media was not all owned by the left and biased to the left. There was a mix of left and right. That is the bias I care about. They might have all been biased a little even back then but I don't remember it that way because if there was bias, it was more of a balanced system with some sources biased each way. I don't remember them as biased at all, but I was younger too. Now all the mainstream sources are left biased, that is no accident.
    There certainly was a difference between then and now, I know that.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yes, but that was more pro-American propaganda and part of the cold war. I wasn't looking at it in that light.
    Back then the news media was not all owned by the left and biased to the left. There was a mix of left and right. That is the bias I care about. They might have all been biased a little even back then but I don't remember it that way because if there was bias, it was more of a balanced system with some sources biased each way. I don't remember them as biased at all, but I was younger too. Now all the mainstream sources are left biased, that is no accident.
    There certainly was a difference between then and now, I know that.
    I get it, that is what they portrayed and we were kids, but now I believe they also allowed the CIA to get by with killing Kennedy, setting up Watergate to take out Nixon and so on.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I get it, that is what they portrayed and we were kids, but now I believe they also allowed the CIA to get by with killing Kennedy, setting up Watergate to take out Nixon and so on.
    Yes, that could be. I believe there is a lot more I don't know about those actions. The trouble is I don't know - so I can't decide on stuff I don't know.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    And how was it better before? In the past you wouldn't even know the other information existed. You have network news and newspapers. How much of what we see about Covid would have been available at all back then? It may not always be easy to find, but it is out there.

We didn't have so much filtering and censoring when the internet first took off. It took a while for the Googles and Facebooks of the world to get together with the government and media to decide what us peasants should and shouldn't be allowed to see. Yes, there's still a lot of stuff out there, but it's harder to find and less prevalent than it was I'd say before Obama.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    We didn't have so much filtering and censoring when the internet first took off. It took a while for the Googles and Facebooks of the world to get together with the government and media to decide what us peasants should and shouldn't be allowed to see. Yes, there's still a lot of stuff out there, but it's harder to find and less prevalent than it was I'd say before Obama.
    The Internet is a very different beast today than it was then. There is exponentially more information out there. Yes the big players are filtering and masking information, but there are a lot more places to go to get information that they do not control.

The problem comes in with people who are too ignorant of it or too lazy to look elsewhere. Big Tech and Big Media definitely control the narrative that the majority of people see.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The Internet is a very different beast today than it was then. There is exponentially more information out there. Yes the big players are filtering and masking information, but there are a lot more places to go to get information that they do not control.

The problem comes in with people who are too ignorant of it or too lazy to look elsewhere. Big Tech and Big Media definitely control the narrative that the majority of people see.

Yeah, I meant more for the average John and Jane Q. Public than us hardcore conspiracy theorists... :D

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Independent journalists, I guess that's what we call them, are a new kind of news media. I think the emergence thereof flew under the radar of the fourth estate. They've controlled narratives and framing for a very long time, and their powers are threatened by those outside the fourth estate. Youtube and other social media platoforms have enabled just about anyone to report news.

I think the event signaling that they finally figured it out was when the Wall Street Journal put out that hit piece on PewDiePie. Of course it had the Streisand effect and helped PewDiePie gain even more subscribers. But it served as an excuse for Youtube to crack down who gets advertising dollars. They haven't solved the problem yet. I think the strategy has changed to use the old and tired demonizing approach. They call it fake news. They call it conspiracy theories. But it still doesn't help them.

The fourth estate is dead if they'd just let if ****ing die. With social media there's no need for an official news. Over the last few years especially, they've proven themselves incapable of telling the truth. Might as well take our chances with rando independent news guy on youtube.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Youtube and other social media platoforms have enabled just about anyone to report news.
    I have to disagree.
    Haven't you heard about social media bias, cancelling and censorship?
    News isn't fact based any more. It has bias, feelings and sides. Social Media restricts one side of the news.

Top Bottom