• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Guns are no more dangerous than any other inanimate object.

Are you teaching toddlers or are you teaching competent adults?

Which group does not understand that firearms go boom and put holes in stuff? Apparently I am teaching that group.

If you're genuinely interested in teaching new people about safe handling why not teach them how to safely handle them instead of continually asserting if they touch them they will go boom?

Respect for the object that can set the handler and others on fire.

People without firearms experience think they can that firearms cannot discharge unless they want them to. They must be taught. Once they learn that firearms are dangerous they will teach firearms with respect and stop making excuses to wave them all about.

Defeating Beard Logic which holds that "I am a special snowflake and do not have to be safe with firearms" is a priority.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    When you make guns sound dangerous people get scared of them.

Guns are dangerous....

I shoot a couple of hundred rounds a week and I look at my beloved K 22's (or any weapon for that matter) as a copperhead that will bite me in a second if I do not treat it with the respect it deserves...There is a difference between fear and respect and I have never seen Kirk extol anything other than respect....

Kirk opposes fondling your weapon without purpose...I agree....I respect my wife so I avoid groping her at inappropriate times because I love her and it's disrespectful...And dangerous..:)

I treat my weapons with the same respect...

IMHO...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    When you make guns sound dangerous people get scared of them.

Of course guns are dangerous. They are designed to be so.

I want guns to be dangerous, but I want them to be dangerous at the right time.

The Inshallah attitude of Beard Logic is beyond dangerous and more appropriate for cultures without indoor plumbing. As a Man of the West, blessed with the love of learning and reason, I understand cause and effect. The tragic accidents that we read about day after day would not transpire if the circumstances are not allowed to occur. For example, if you don't fondle your gun in public, then you won't set yourself on fire or kill a five year old in the next room or shoot someone at a gun show.

No one is taking away your fun, we just want you to act responsibly. If you want to wave guns around, go to a range and wave them about down range, but if you do that stupid crap in a bathroom, be certain that you understand that you will be held responsible and Inshallah won't help you.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Meanwhile in the Denny's bathroom.......................

tumblr_m7s8t02dsn1r5na0fo1_500.gif

Here is an instructional video to get you started.
    Yes, the barrel is pointed at all points along its arc including your melon, but not to worry, your finger only presses the trigger about 10% of the time.

[video=youtube;tCVEYBQM80g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCVEYBQM80g[/video]

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Meanwhile in the Denny's bathroom.......................

tumblr_m7s8t02dsn1r5na0fo1_500.gif

Here is an instructional video to get you started.
    Yes, the barrel is pointed at all points along its arc including your melon, but not to worry, your finger only presses the trigger about 10% of the time.

[video=youtube;tCVEYBQM80g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCVEYBQM80g[/video]

Look, Darlin', it's Johnny Ringo.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I never imagined that after my kids all mastered independent toileting, that I would be called upon to tell full grown adults that they can complete all of their business without their belt being lowered below their knees.* Guys, time to ditch the skinny jeans and wear big boy pants.

*Dwarfs excepted.

Here's where "This thread is worthless without Pics" comes to play.
    This might have been a middle aged hip hop boy that wears his belt below the knees to start with type of incident.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    These people are new to guns. The gun fascinates them.

As such they must confirm its existence and look for any opportunity to play with the gun.

This manifests itself in a gun culture Ganser Syndrome wherein they purposefully do the wrong things as an opportunity to play with the gun.

Not just limited to new owners, we all know that perfectly well.

Top Bottom