• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I thought taint was a double contraction of "it ain't"...least it was down south: e.g. "'tain't gonna rain today, Jimbo."

There's

"taint"- the real estate from back sack to bung hole
    "taint"- rural American for "it is not", and
    "taint"- what I tell the judge the other side is doing when they present anything vaguely critical of my client.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    I see the real issue as being why the firearm could not be reholstered without it going off? I guess to each there own if they unholster taking a dump. The real issue is a finger on the trigger!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Ah...I understand. An actual bathroom. I thought perhaps "shot in the bathroom" was using bathroom as a euphemism for bathroom parts.

yeah, in years past a cheap holster meant pull it out and set it somewhere so it doesn't end up falling to the floor.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I'll unholster my 1911 when I sit down in the bathroom. I would rather not have someone see my gun at my ankles. Nothing wrong with it. It's cocked and locked and even a finger in the trigger won't make it fire like most striker fired. I guess people who carry small light baby guns can leave them on the belt holstered and no one will notice a baby gun. But an all steel 1911 leaning out and clunking on the floor will draw some attention.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I'll unholster my 1911 when I sit down in the bathroom. I would rather not have someone see my gun at my ankles. Nothing wrong with it. It's cocked and locked and even a finger in the trigger won't make it fire like most striker fired. I guess people who carry small light baby guns can leave them on the belt holstered and no one will notice a baby gun. But an all steel 1911 leaning out and clunking on the floor will draw some attention.

...at your ankles.

Oh boy, I have some work to do here.
    I think the last time I drop my pants to my ankles is when I was in elementary school.

This is what I carry every day. I don't have to remove anything from my holster, I do not have to remove anything from my belt and I don't have to drop my pants to my ankles.

Last edited:

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    These people are new to guns. The gun fascinates them.

As such they must confirm its existence and look for any opportunity to play with the gun.

This manifests itself in a gun culture Ganser Syndrome wherein they purposefully do the wrong things as an opportunity to play with the gun.
    Thanks, Professor. Some new educational info in nearly every post. (Had to look up Ganser Syndrome.) That's one explanation.

Likely used muzzle to push open his Uncle Mike's sausage sack and set himself on fire.

Four Rules fail on every level.
    And that's another. An additional one (not specific to any particular setting) every instructor warned us about was getting an article of clothing trapped in the trigger guard while reholstering, e.g. those dangling drawstring/tensioners that come on a lot of the light jackets.

To be honest, I use the word "taint" quite often in my legal writing. "Pinching off a loaf", less so. Not never, but less.
    :):
    at how that might work. Maybe an airtight alibi? "There can be no truth to the vicious allegations against my client on the grounds that he was pinching off a loaf at the time."

Oh boy, I have some work to do here.
    Now y'all gone and done it. He's gonna bring back his block of instruction on restroom procedure.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What'd I miss?

I just returned from a major dook-out session the likes of which haven't been seen since the superbowel half time show.

The waistband of my pants never descended below my knees and gat was secure even throughout the anxious struggle and five flushes.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I never imagined that after my kids all mastered independent toileting, that I would be called upon to tell full grown adults that they can complete all of their business without their belt being lowered below their knees.* Guys, time to ditch the skinny jeans and wear big boy pants.

*Dwarfs excepted.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Thanks, Professor. Some new educational info in nearly every post. (Had to look up Ganser Syndrome.) That's one explanation.

You are welcome. While it is the un-INGO thing to do, I am happy to teach.

Ganser Syndrome shows up in the gun culture today as "derp". E.g. "Beardy Tactical McDerp writes another post about how the Four Rules are old and busted."

And that's another. An additional one (not specific to any particular setting) every instructor warned us about was getting an article of clothing trapped in the trigger guard while reholstering, e.g. those dangling drawstring/tensioners that come on a lot of the light jackets.

Pffft, not shooting yourself? That's old and busted. All the cool kids grow their beards and set themselves, or others in the gun store, on fire at least once a day.

Top Bottom