• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Good grief there's a lot of beards over there.

Worried about someone reaching under the wall and grabbing his gun? :n00b:

Did anyone over there advocate leaving it the **** alone?

Leaving it alone is too much to ask of Beards McTactical. Always has to be a made up reason to play with the gun in public.

Beards: "Oh, there a safe say to do that."

Kirk O'UnTactical: "Yeah, leave the stupid thing alone, Beards!"

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    With full Duty gear, we called the bathroom excersise " Sam Browne Drop". Your radio with shoulder mike had to be removed/unattached or it was like bungee jumping.

My personal choice was a local Shell Oil station, spotless, good vent, jacket hook, and the door had a slide lock/deadbolt. The closed side had a little sign said "In Use" or " Not in use". Kept door handle jiggiling to a minimum. Good full soap/hot water. Hot air dryer with paper dispenser backup. Also: 4 roll TP. Never out. Yep, I reconned all others before choosing.

So, if you can choose wisely Grasshopper, you can do your business in privacy. Very seldom if ever, removed my firearm, or did the Doc Holiday spin of the trigger/fast holster. Even CCW, same rules, or do it at home before leaving.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    Some of us have balls that get in the way if we leave our pants up above our knees. We also carry guns that aren't made of plastic so they will pull our pants all the way to the wet, dirty floor once the tension of the belt is released. Personally, I don't like my pants touching the floor whilst using public restrooms and therefore, I remove my pistol while dropping deuces.

The notion of, "if you touch it enough, someday it will go off" is asinine. Almost as silly as calling people morons for doing things differently than you.

People have accidents. Sometimes they inadvertently shoot their guns. Sometimes they inadertenlty $#!t their pants. Are they morons for doing either? I genuinely hope all of you, "I never unholster my gun" folks never have an accident. I also hope you never have to pull your gun out in a stressful situation. Lord knows it's hard enough for you to pull it without stress.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Some of us have balls that get in the way if we leave our pants up above our knees.

This isn't about any body part but the brain.

Almost as silly as calling people morons for doing things differently than you.

This is about being unsafe, not moronic. Playing with guns in public is unsafe just as pointing guns at people is.

Guns can discharge when you do not want them to. Bullets can penetrate walls, stall doors, kids, etc.

Oh, look, bullet zipping through a wall kills a 5 year old just yesterday: http://www.kswo.com/story/31248455/...er&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalytics

Shooting people who do not need to be shot hurts everyone in the gun culture, especially if you burn down children.

The notion of, "if you touch it enough, someday it will go off" is asinine.

The more one plays with guns, the more chance there is that it will discharge, negligently or accidently. By not playing with guns, one reduces his chances of injuring himself or others.

There are many people here just starting their experience with guns. Telling them, and everyone else, not to play with it is the optimal advice.

Leave the gun alone. Stop looking for excuses to play with it. The gun is real and the real gun only has one job.

Last edited:

rangler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2016
    Lafayette
    Last year at a Tippecanoe school an officer left his firearm in the stall after a 10-200. Luckily it was found by faculty and not a student. Guess we won't hear details on that one.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Last year at a Tippecanoe school an officer left his firearm in the stall after a 10-200. Luckily it was found by faculty and not a student. Guess we won't hear details on that one.

I just got the details from a plinker named rangler...I'll share them with you because you seem interested..

"Last year at a Tippecanoe school an officer left his firearm in a stall after a 10-200..Luckiliy it was found by faculty and not a student."

I don't know how accurate that is but it is all I got...Us INGO folks down here on the river come to INGO to find out news about the rest of the state.....We can tell you what's happening in Kentucky and three counties here on the river but all of our in state news is filtered through our buddies north of Seymour.....

That's how I found out the Canadian border is just north of Indianapolis....

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I thought the Canadian border was just north of Columbus, like by the big outlet mall, we were gonna eat at Max and Ermas a few weeks ago but I had some full growlers in the car from Big woods brewery, didn't wanna get busted trying to cross the border with anything other than Molson or Moosehead.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I know a guy that takes his shirt off, everytime, no matter what.

It's not this guy is it?

2d8b8a55ae9a64f3993a6736ac20feea.png

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    There are many people here just starting their experience with guns. Telling them, and everyone else, not to play with it is the optimal advice.
    That's your opinion. I disagree.

When you make guns sound dangerous people get scared of them. Guns are no more dangerous than any other inanimate object. Treating them as if they are leads to misunderstanding. If you're genuinely interested in teaching new people about safe handling why not teach them how to safely handle them instead of continually asserting if they touch them they will go boom?

"Bad gun, no touchy." Are you teaching toddlers or are you teaching competent adults?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom