• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    HuffPo, Slate, The Beast and lots of other liberal rags put out a bunch of never-NRA stuff also.

Says a LOT that the libs hate the NRA so much, eh?

;)
    It's just a boogey man to spread fear about. The NRA is by far the most well known, in part, because corporate media makes them well known as the boogie man. That doesn't logically conclude with the NRA being the greatest hope. The anti-gun zealot democrats need the NRA too. It serves as a scapegoat when Democrats fail to get what their base wants. It serves as a catalyst for fundraising and unity of their base.

That's not to say that the NRA doesn't have clout. But their clout comes from the gun owners. Not just members. I mean estimates are maybe 5M members or so at its peak. That's a lot. It's not everything. Point is, much of the NRA's clout is that it's seen as (by both 2A advocates and opponents) consolidating the collective voice of all gun owners, which is more like 100M or so.

It serves an important role, so don't get me wrong. It's not above reproach. Having a corrupt leadership isn't the price we must pay to have this consolidated voice. Corrupt leadership will be its downfall, so it is up to the individual members and supporters to try to fix that. The NRA can't be seen as too big to fail.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fear? They don't fear the NRA. It is the the boogey man to them, something to scare children with.

It's sometimes hard to grasp reality. which is, no. Democrats don't fear the NRA. I do think the NRA helps unify the voice of all gun owners, even nonmembers. So it's not nothing. I don't want to see the NRA destroyed. I want to see it as strong as possible. That can't happen under the current leadership.

But fear? No. Democrats don't fear the NRA. They use it alot like Republicans use planned parenthood and other wedge issues. It's a boogeyman. An enemy they can prop up to rally the base.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I would never go to Vanity Fair to read anything. On my Apple Newsfeed, they still have an almost daily article on how bad and evil Trump is from Vanity Fair. At some point they need to accept he is gone and move on.

HuffPo, Slate, The Beast and lots of other liberal rags put out a bunch of never-NRA stuff also.

Says a LOT that the libs hate the NRA so much, eh?

;)
    The juxtaposition of these two consecutive posts is instructive

The first details that leftist rags like Vanity Fair still need Trump as a bogey-man to stir up the left, so that is why he is mentioned so often

Might it not be that the NRA serves the same purpose and THAT is why it is mentioned so often in the progressive media?

If Wayne REALLY cared about the fight, he would step aside because he realized his continued presence was a net negative

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's not to say that the NRA doesn't have clout. But their clout comes from the gun owners. Not just members. I mean estimates are maybe 5M members or so at its peak. That's a lot. It's not everything. Point is, much of the NRA's clout is that it's seen as (by both 2A advocates and opponents) consolidating the collective voice of all gun owners, which is more like 100M or so.
    I saw an article years ago on a gun site like TTAG about a study and something like three times actual membership claimed to be NRA members. So the footprint likely is bigger than it seems. I can see the INGO member, a 50 yo with two sons, dad is paying NRA member and both sons are claimed members…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    D Reps wear a NRA F as a badge of honor. Where is the fear?

Are you saying RINOs are enemies of the 2A?
    Some D reps wear that badge of honor. And with gerrymandering of districts it is more of them, but still hundreds fall in the category of can I vote this and not start an NRA firestorm in my district.

RINO’s are D lite so yes many would vote against the 2nd if they could and not create the above firestorm…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Think the problems with the leadership are all concocted by the left? Or is WLP really the grifter he seems to be?
    I choose both. As I have said before though, if they found out the head of planned parenthood was buying expensive clothes for travel, speaking, and TV, hiring family, whatever WLP is accused of, would the left even care? Would it affect any major donor? I do not. This is the left using conservatives values against them.

The NRA operates in the swamp, why would it not smell like the swamp.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Some D reps wear that badge of honor. And with gerrymandering of districts it is more of them, but still hundreds fall in the category of can I vote this and not start an NRA firestorm in my district.

RINO’s are D lite so yes many would vote against the 2nd if they could and not create the above firestorm…
    There are 220 Democrat Reps. I doubt many of them give a :poop: about a good NRA rating. On issues like guns, they vote as a block. There definitely aren't hundreds that do.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There are 220 Democrat Reps. I doubt many of them give a :poop: about a good NRA rating. On issues like guns, they vote as a block. There definitely aren't hundreds that do.
    I would say that about a 120 or so can be influenced by the NRA, mostly in competitive districts…

1654532158121.png

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    D Reps wear a NRA F as a badge of honor. Where is the fear?

Are you saying RINOs are enemies of the 2A?
    The real question is do they use it as a tool to cause division in the 2a community. I think the obvious answer is yes and it's working.

I want to see Wayne gone as much as anybody, but the type of suit he's wearing is small potatoes in the world we have right now.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I saw an article years ago on a gun site like TTAG about a study and something like three times actual membership claimed to be NRA members. So the footprint likely is bigger than it seems. I can see the INGO member, a 50 yo with two sons, dad is paying NRA member and both sons are claimed members…
    Are you saying that the NRA intentionally inflates the number of members?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Are you saying that the NRA intentionally inflates the number of members?
    Not at all, I am saying the NRA has, 5 million paying members, however when researchers asked more than that claim to be members, meaning that the NRA has influence beyond just its paying members. Even here those that don’t like the current situation at the NRA still pay attention to their vote guides.

Bottom line the NRA reach is greater than just paying members.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Not at all, I am saying the NRA has, 5 million paying members, however when researchers asked more than that claim to be members, meaning that the NRA has influence beyond just its paying members. Even here that don’t like the current situation at the NRA still pay attention to their vote guides.

Bottom line the NRA reach is greater than just paying members.
    Oh, I get it. Yeah, there are folks with expired memberships who still consider themselves NRA members, too.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I would say that about a 120 or so can be influenced by the NRA, mostly in competitive districts…

View attachment 204293
    I notice that in that graphic, combining districts rated solid and competitive:

In 2016 it is 175 D vs 220 R

In 2018 it is 176 D vs 218 R

In 2020 it is 179 D vs 216 R (81 million votes :rolleyes:)

Then in 2022 they 'predict' it will be 191 D vs 203 R, I'm not buying it

Very slow incremental change until now, suddenly, much more of a sea change in favor of Democrats - in a year when they have ****ed up everything they touched

No way house elections are going to favor Democrats in the massive fustercluck they have created

Top Bottom