• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Indiana
    "It seems to have been crickets out of the NRA for the most part since Indy. I am a lifetime member and also a member of GOA and GOA has seemingly been fighting harder than NRA."

I agree 100% with this. I'm a Lifetime NRA member and I attended the Indy NRA convention. Very quiet since then. I just became a Lifetime GOA member. They are on the front lines of fighting for our 2A rights.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Didn't he say a year or two ago that he would do it, but with conditions. Like he would only be there for a couple years to try to clean things up and put proper governance in place, then leave.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Didn't he say a year or two ago that he would do it, but with conditions. Like he would only be there for a couple years to try to clean things up and put proper governance in place, then leave.
    That is just what NRA needs. But it seems like the bylaws were written by LaPierre's lawyer. Not another dime from me until LaPierre is gone.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    He’d be hard pressed to do much worse than LaPierre, but I realize that’s a low bar.

And yes, his stance may be what we need. Get in, clean house, right the ship, then help find a suitable replacement. Just like in politics, too much time at the helm of an organization as large as the NRA seems to corrupt most who are involved.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We need the 800 pound gorilla in the room when we're going up against... hell everybody it seems like. We need a STRONG National Rifle Association with over 5 million members that can influence what happens at the State and National level.

From what I've observed at the Indiana Statehouse over the past 5 years? I've said many times if I ever meet a GOA rep at the Statehouse I'll be sure and introduce myself.

NYSRPA v Bruen? Whose lawyers do you think are on our side?

You can't fire the team. I'm not saying it ain't time to fire the coach. We need to be lean, mean, and incredibly pro-2A. We need to be a big tent. We need to welcome the new gun owners who are realizing the importance of the 2A, as well as the group that helps the Fudds see the light.

Thomas1969

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2022
    Noblesville
    So the NRA has been backing and negotiating with our gun rights for the last few years and have had some spectacular blunders that have ended up turning their move into strong anti 2a rulings or decision making. There are more states with California esque gun control laws on the books now more than any other time.

So at what point can the membership take back control of our organization and what is the most effective way to enact our will? I have already written them explaining why I will not donate to them, with no response. I'll continue mailing the donation cards back to them empty with a letter expressing my issues with them. I have changed GOA into my monthly freedom tithe completely over the nra.

So the real question is what do we do with the NRA? How do we turn fudd members into actual 2a supporters? How do we push them to stop funding "thin blue line" programs with our money donated with intent of stopping gun control, at a time when police are actively enforcing unconstitutional confiscations? how do we stop them from giving incorrect grades to politicians who actually support gun control measures?

I don't want to abandon the NRA, but it seems like it has lost it's course and will soon be twisting the 2a to be about hunting and not a force check and balance against tyranny in the homeland. Will voting board members in that have a not another inch mentality do the job or do we need to push to remove the cancerous corporate heads?
    Exactly, let’s not forget that Trump waived his unconstitutional pen and by himself banned bump stocks. What did the NRA do? They supported the measure and endorsed that tyrant’s reelection.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    We need to be lean, mean, and incredibly pro-2A. We need to be a big tent. We need to welcome the new gun owners who are realizing the importance of the 2A, as well as the group that helps the Fudds see the light.

This is exactly the path I would like to see the NRA follow. New gun advocacy groups are forming that represent the new segments of society buying and training with firearms. Reach out to these groups and their members. Support them and encourage their advocacy of our common cause. Make a place for their members at the NRA table should they care to join both organizations.

Support politicians that support the 2A even if they're not conservative or libertarian enough on other issues. The NRA is about gun rights.

There is good support for bouncing Wayne but let's not forget the members on the board of directors that enabled his corruption.

jdeanp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2022
    Southern IN
    Decentralization is important. If all the eggs are in one basket, then there's only one basket to buy off, infiltrate, redirect, etc. State and regional organizations are important to support on all issues, not just 2A related.

Top Bottom