• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    It seems that Esther Schneider, Sean Maloney and Tim Knight may have resigned as board members yesterday due to the retaliatory actions against them for inquiring and questioning financial and business practices at the NRA.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...val-at-gun-rights-group/ar-AAFc4KN?li=BBnbcA1

LaPierre and the current NRA leadership needs to go!!! There needs to be changes to the bylaws so the membership can influence change and control the organization in the future. That is the only way the NRA can be saved.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    It seems that Esther Schneider, Sean Maloney and Tim Knight may have resigned as board members yesterday due to the retaliatory actions against them for inquiring and questioning financial and business practices at the NRA.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...val-at-gun-rights-group/ar-AAFc4KN?li=BBnbcA1

LaPierre and the current NRA leadership needs to go!!! There needs to be changes to the bylaws so the membership can influence change and control the organization in the future. That is the only way the NRA can be saved.

That's three of the four signers of the aforementioned letter. Truly, the NRA leadership have become indefensible. My membership expires in Oct and I'm not renewing until Wayne and Marion are gone and preferably about 50 of the board members too.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Patience....
    There's a lot going on at the moment. It will all get worked out in the end. Just have some patience.

Colonel North started the ball rolling. Don't think this wasn't all planned.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Patience....
    There's a lot going on at the moment. It will all get worked out in the end. Just have some patience.

Colonel North started the ball rolling. Don't think this wasn't all planned.

I really hope you are correct. If the NRA can be saved and reinvigorated into a strong "we have already given up enough of our 2nd amendment rights" organization, then not only will it come back, but it should surge to levels of membership never seen before.

But there will have to be some very public and very uncomfortable / brutally honest disclosures and conversations with the leadership and its members to start this ball rolling. And the leadership needs to accept term limits and changes to the bylaws so that the membership runs the future of the organization on basic principles and general future goals.

It can be done, but I just don't see how it can be done without the cleansing and purging of the current leadership regime. If you are correct, then I look forward to a NRA that is "of the people, by the people (and) for the people".

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    They filled one of the board holes with Mark Robinson. He's good people and a hoot to have a drink with. However, we need more than memes right now. Kraut turned it down. The tide isn't turning quick enough.

Abominator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 22, 2019
    Auburn
    There are several shooting clubs and ranges that require an NRA membership. Are the subsidized in anyway by the NRA? I understand why theu would have a requirement like that, but why not also allow GOA or other memberships. I am an NRA member and am on the fence when my membership ends but don't want to lose out on sone shooting clubs........hmmmm decisions

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There are several shooting clubs and ranges that require an NRA membership. Are the subsidized in anyway by the NRA? I understand why theu would have a requirement like that, but why not also allow GOA or other memberships. I am an NRA member and am on the fence when my membership ends but don't want to lose out on sone shooting clubs........hmmmm decisions
    Why not the GOA, because they just aren't a player. I am a current member. Who is Trump talking to? Wayne. Wayne is apparently making progress in convincing him that he will lose part of his base if he keeps on his gun control path.
    When you hear the media and Democrats complain about obstruction of gun grabbing, who is it? The NRA.

Abominator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 22, 2019
    Auburn
    Why not the GOA, because they just aren't a player. I am a current member. Who is Trump talking to? Wayne. Wayne is apparently making progress in convincing him that he will lose part of his base if he keeps on his gun control path.
    When you hear the media and Democrats complain about obstruction of gun grabbing, who is it? The NRA.
    A very valid point. It just seems unfortunate that there is no other viable option to support. Of course I don't have all the facts but the string of accusations concerning reckless appropriation of funds and the mass exodus of so many former supporters is not without concern. To your point though what else are you going to do! I suppose it all boils down to the results of the fight for our rights.

Abominator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 22, 2019
    Auburn
    A very valid point. It just seems unfortunate that there is no other viable option to support. Of course I don't have all the facts but the string of accusations concerning reckless appropriation of funds and the mass exodus of so many former supporters is not without concern. To your point though what else are you going to do! I suppose it all boils down to the results of the fight for our rights.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Support them all if you can. Im a life NRA member. Im also an annual GOA member and when I can, i throw some money to the FPC. They're all good groups in their own way. While there is some turmoil in the NRA, abandoning them is not an option, at least not to me.
    If you dont like the way things are at The NRA, write letters, send emails, try and make your voice be heard. If you're a life member or have been an annual member for 4+ years, Vote!
    I just dont see completely abandoning them as a good idea, especially at this point right now. Just my :twocents:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Support them all if you can. Im a life NRA member. Im also an annual GOA member and when I can, i throw some money to the FPC. They're all good groups in their own way. While there is some turmoil in the NRA, abandoning them is not an option, at least not to me.
    If you dont like the way things are at The NRA, write letters, send emails, try and make your voice be heard. If you're a life member or have been an annual member for 4+ years, Vote!
    I just dont see completely abandoning them as a good idea, especially at this point right now. Just my :twocents:

Big :+1:

Abominator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 22, 2019
    Auburn

Very well stated, I appreciate the "Don't give up the ship" mentality.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    NRA Board Member Wants to End Homemade Guns

More evidence that the leadership of the NRA needs to be purged. When different leaders of the NRA are calling for more restrictions on gun rights and additional gun control, they cannot honestly be labeled a gun rights organization anymore.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/n...association-head-wants-end-to-home-made-guns/

It is so sad that in 2019 alone, this is not the first board member to call for more gun restrictions. If Mr. LaPierre and his administration continue this hard line approach against reform, they will be responsible for killing the NRA. NOT those who are asking for reform...NOT those who are anti-gun....It will be Mr. LaPierre's administration and its refusal to be accountable and refusal to listen and honor the wishes of the membership that will bring the NRA to disaster.

Hopefully the NRA can be redeemed. If not, there are others waiting in the wings. If the NRA disappears, then there will be other places for 2nd amendment supporters to go. If NRA members refuse to join any other 2nd amendment rights group IF the NRA disappears, then despite what they say, they are not 2nd amendment supporters. But the better solution would be to reform and reboot the NRA as a member and rights focused organization rather than just primarily a fundraising and money generating organization.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    More evidence that the leadership of the NRA needs to be purged. When different leaders of the NRA are calling for more restrictions on gun rights and additional gun control, they cannot honestly be labeled a gun rights organization anymore.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/n...association-head-wants-end-to-home-made-guns/

It is so sad that in 2019 alone, this is not the first board member to call for more gun restrictions. If Mr. LaPierre and his administration continue this hard line approach against reform, they will be responsible for killing the NRA. NOT those who are asking for reform...NOT those who are anti-gun....It will be Mr. LaPierre's administration and its refusal to be accountable and refusal to listen and honor the wishes of the membership that will bring the NRA to disaster.

Hopefully the NRA can be redeemed. If not, there are others waiting in the wings. If the NRA disappears, then there will be other places for 2nd amendment supporters to go. If NRA members refuse to join any other 2nd amendment rights group IF the NRA disappears, then despite what they say, they are not 2nd amendment supporters. But the better solution would be to reform and reboot the NRA as a member and rights focused organization rather than just primarily a fundraising and money generating organization.

Well... he said it is a problem. Nothing in his statement explicitly calls for any legislation passed. (although one can infer)

I can sit here and say, "shooting people with guns is problem", yet I'm not advocating new gun control laws.

However, I want to see some evidence that it really is a problem. Are a bunch of 80% lowers ending up in the hands of criminals? Are the bloods and crips having AK build parties?

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I honestly don't see a reason to end homemade guns other than so that you could say, when a criminal makes one and uses it to harm people, that he broke that law too while breaking the other. And frankly, that's just not a strong reason to write a law. And by Frankly, I mean curb-stomping jack boots.

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    It seems to have been crickets out of the NRA for the most part since Indy. I am a lifetime member and also a member of GOA and GOA has seemingly been fighting harder than NRA.

am94pm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    I am an endowment member, but I will give no more money until they get their crap together. Every time I get an email asking for money I reply not until Wayne is gone. I know it is probably not getting read, but it makes me feel better.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I am an endowment member, but I will give no more money until they get their crap together. Every time I get an email asking for money I reply not until Wayne is gone. I know it is probably not getting read, but it makes me feel better.

Make sure they know that -

I've been sending back those sweepstakes letters with big, bold text "WLP MUST GO!".

Ghostface

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2017
    Grant Co
    I couldn’t continue to be a member with all of the stuff coming out about the leadership, plus the calling for more gun restriction. I let my membership lapse last year and promptly joined the GOA. When Wayne and Marion are gone I will come back if there is anything to come back to, I’m afraid they won’t leave until there is nothing left.

Top Bottom