• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I guess I am an idiot. I don't lock our doors unless we are leaving for some reason. I am not going to lock my door each and every time I walk out of my house and go to my shop or barn or work around our small farm. Heck, I don't even carry keys when out working. Keys hang in the yard/farm truck but you have to know where the battery disconnect is. Wife used to think I was paranoid because I have a gun in each room In a specific location I can reach easily. The other night she asked for a "special" place for one of her handguns from her chair in the living room. We also have a great dog at this time.
    As I recall you are out in the country. Not like the suburbs with the rest of us where our house is a few steps from other houses in the neighborhood. So your situation is a bit different.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I guess I am an idiot. I don't lock our doors unless we are leaving for some reason. I am not going to lock my door each and every time I walk out of my house and go to my shop or barn or work around our small farm. Heck, I don't even carry keys when out working. Keys hang in the yard/farm truck but you have to know where the battery disconnect is. Wife used to think I was paranoid because I have a gun in each room In a specific location I can reach easily. The other night she asked for a "special" place for one of her handguns from her chair in the living room. We also have a great dog at this time.
    I don’t lock ours when I’m home. My wife does though. If I’m working around the house she’ll not lock me out but once we’re in for the day/night, she locks the place up. We live out from town though and that probably plays a role in that strategy.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don’t lock ours when I’m home. My wife does though. If I’m working around the house she’ll not lock me out but once we’re in for the day/night, she locks the place up. We live out from town though and that probably plays a role in that strategy.
    Our front door is always locked unless we're expecting visitors, and even then it's only unlocked a few minutes before they're expected to arrive. We go in and out the garage door most of the time. Back door is locked at night, and when we're not home. I work from home and I'm either right outside the back door (like now) or right inside (in the colder months). And I am carrying always, unless I'm asleep or in the shower.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Our front door is always locked unless we're expecting visitors, and even then it's only unlocked a few minutes before they're expected to arrive. We go in and out the garage door most of the time. Back door is locked at night, and when we're not home. I work from home and I'm either right outside the back door (like now) or right inside (in the colder months). And I am carrying always, unless I'm asleep or in the shower.
    You do have a shower gun though…right?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Ok so how many folks just leave the doors unlocked? All my doors are locked at all times? If someone walks into my house uninvited they had to do a lot of work to do it so that time I'll be putting in my powdered wig and grabbing my smoothbore flintlock rifle "tally ho lads!"
    Ours are usually open not often do we lock them. We have 5 cameras , we are also are set way back from the road, one locked entry gates at the road, and another about the halfway point in the driveway.

Plus the LGD’s have full run at night. It would take a Darwin award contestant to think it would be a good idea to attempt uninvited entry

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I ask that every time I see a next door post about people walking into homes.

You gotta be an idiot to not keep the doors locked these days.

And yes, they are entitled. I’ve got a group of neighbor kids that hang out in my yard and drive. I’ve got a basketball goal and let them play with it. It’s a nice safe spot to hang where they aren’t in the road.

Several times they have rang my doorbell and asked for bottled water. Unfortunately we don’t buy bottles, and I don’t keep disposable cups so I have to tell them no. How about going home for a drink? Hell, one time it was the girl that lives across the street! Go home and get your own! It’s only an extra 25 steps to your front door, kid.
    Last summer, we had neighbor kids in our yard. My wife opened the door and told them she didn't mind, but please let her know when they're coming over. They said okay.

A few minutes later, their mom comes over and starts cussing and informing my wife that she better not talk to her kids again. My wife said fine, tell your kids to stay off my property, and, go ahead and get the **** off my property.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Last summer, we had neighbor kids in our yard. My wife opened the door and told them she didn't mind, but please let her know when they're coming over. They said okay.

A few minutes later, their mom comes over and starts cussing and informing my wife that she better not talk to her kids again. My wife said fine, tell your kids to stay off my property, and, go ahead and get the **** off my property.
    Big Reds neighborhood?

Top Bottom