• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If you like the feel of the Beretta, but don't want to pay the price, a Taurus PT92 is a good gun with the same feel in the hand and layout (except the frame mounted safety/decocker which f you have to have a safety it should be on the frame IMO vs the Beretta's slide mounted safety/decocker).

I'm all striker fired, polymer for many years now, but I still have a Taurus PT99 (same gun, with adjustable sights) that I bought in like 1991 or so. Mine has only a safety, no decocker, due to its vintage.
    I'll simply never sell it as I was young when I bought it and shipped it off to have it Black Teflon coated, and would never get my money back out of it.

For those that may discourage on Taurus, these guns are about the only semi auto Taurus I would recommend. Taurus took over the Beretta factory in Brazil and these guns were well made on a design that was about bullet proof. Some history here: https://www.taurususa.com/company/history/

Just an idea if you are looking for something like the Beretta, but cheaper, and aren't sure exactly what you want.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    There is an absolute glut in the market of used 92, 92s, 92fs right now. I was not a 9mm man at all, but due to ammo costs I recently bought into them.

In the last few months I have bought the Beretta 92, 92s, 92fs and a Taurus PT92afs. I love them all, the fs is unfired in the box and the others are better than 90% and I didn't pay over $350 for any of them.
    The Taurus was around $200.

For what they cost and the way they shoot I would go Taurus. If I couldn't find a Taurus go Beretta. And I'd take either one of those over a Hi Power.

My LGS has a mechanically like new with minor carry wear 92s for about $325 IIRC. The rails haven't lost any finish and is as tight as a tick. And there are cases and cases more coming in every week.

Cardsfan29315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    New Albany
    You should definitely check out the CZ SP-01 or even a 75. I like my Berettas but you really can’t beat CZ guns for the money.
    Might wanna check out the FN 509. It’s a great gun as well. Deadly accurate and fits my hand like a glove. It also comes with 3 back straps so you can see what fits your hand best.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    That Baretta 92 you're looking at, they're available single stack or double stack. I think the L model is the single stack. It's based off the Browning design as a lot of pistols are, so it will have the 1911 grip angle. It's probably the largest compact pistol out there. It is a nice looking gun.

Have you checked out the CZ75? I don't know if it costs more so it may not be an option.

Last edited:

beanhunter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    ELKHART
    Find yourself a Beretta 92 Compact if your hands are too small for the 92FS. Or if you want to carry it. But my advice, buy the Beretta you will never regret it.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I'd go with the CZ also. A somewhat better grip fit, I should think. And, it has the capability of selective DA or SA. I also think the price would be a bit better than a Beretta.

Top Bottom