• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    As of early last month, the Pearl Harbor exhibit was still there. As mentioned above, Anikista is cool, as is the downtown chairlift, and the ride up to Ober Gatlinburg on the cable car. If you want to see bears in may, hit the roaring fork motor trail, go early, like right around sunrise, and keep your eyes peeled just after you pass the entrance to the park vista hotel, you’ll more than likely see a few. All kinds of fun stuff to do in gatlinburg for young and old.

jerp239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    NE Indiana
    We were there the week before Easterand we went to the Aquarium, Hatfield/McCoy dinner theater, we spent a day at the park hiking to waterfalls. Sugarland distillery was my favorite, I sampled there twice so it's definitely a must see. Definitely a lot of shops, miniature golf and go carts.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Cooters- A decent size museum/store to The Dukes of Hazzard.

Cherokee NC- A very short drive away. Some really cool native American shops plus several places to go tubing or boating down one of the many rivers in the area.

Dolly Parton Stampede- Live dinner theater show in a country western theme, cowboys and indians. Kids menu is not the best there, very limited. Best to sneak in some McDonalds. The entire family will love the show.

Best Italian Cafe- Looks like a dump but has the best sausage rolls I have ever had, the pizza is fantastic too.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    How is Dollywood? Some of my family we are going with say it's pretty good but I'd like another opinion.
    It’s very clean and well maintained, lots of good food, and plenty to look at if you aren’t into the rides. I didn’t really want to go, but was pleasantly surprised by how nice the place is. I would go again.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    Make sure you spend some time out of town while you are there. I nice afternoon is to take the road west out of the park thru Townsend to the Foothills Parkway, then south to hwy 129 and back east over Deals Gap (aka The Dragon, 318 curves in 11 miles) then to Cherokee and back to Gatlinburg thru the National Park.

It's a nice drive with lots of scenery. Don't spend all your time in the tourist trap that is Gatlinburg.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    A guy I work with was just there and said Parrot Mountain was pretty cool. I was down there last summer we spent 1 day doing the normal town stuff with the kids and another day spent in the smokies. FYI that ferris wheel is big!, freaked me out for the 1st couple of times around after that it was cool.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    LOL we already talked about that. I definitely wanna go to sugarlands distillery, unless someone has a better suggestion.

I googled that cades cove, says the loop road (whatever that is) is closed for repavement.

Go to Sugarlands. That was our favorite, we went back and actually bought stuff from them. Their version of Apple Pie is unlike any other and damn tasty.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It’s very clean and well maintained, lots of good food, and plenty to look at if you aren’t into the rides. I didn’t really want to go, but was pleasantly surprised by how nice the place is. I would go again.

When it was Silver Dollar City about 1980 they had a buckskinner set up and you were allowed to take a shot with his .50 cal, throw an ax, and throw a knife...I was second best of the day and still have my Silver Dollar City Sharpshooter Badge I got for second place.....

Just to be clear....There was a gun range and as a 15 year old I was allowed to shoot the Hawken replica, throw an ax and knife....At an amusement park...

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    When it was Silver Dollar City about 1980 they had a buckskinner set up and you were allowed to take a shot with his .50 cal, throw an ax, and throw a knife...I was second best of the day and still have my Silver Dollar City Sharpshooter Badge I got for second place.....

Just to be clear....There was a gun range and as a 15 year old I was allowed to shoot the Hawken replica, throw an ax and knife....At an amusement park...

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!! :xmad:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!! :xmad:

He had a nice back stop......It was funny to be going through the park and hear the crack of that Hawken...The guy said I won the shooting part but I missed sticking the ax one out of three times and that put me to second...I counted about thirty shots that day....I remember checking with him periodically throughout the day to see if I was still first...My dad was proud I got second...

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

The old steam engine at Dollywood is the same one that was there when it was silver dollar city. There are still a few throwbacks to the old park, if you look carefully. Silver Dollar city used to have a gunfight every hour on the hour as well, I loved that place.

BKahuna

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2017
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Went with the family last month. Had a blast. Check out a new attraction called Pigeon Forge Snow. It's an indoor snow tubing hill. My 15 year old and I had the time of our lives there. They have a conveyor belt that you ride on with your tube, up to the top. They have around 15 lanes going down the hill. They also have a play area to build snowmen or have snowball fights. It's a really novel experience. Wish I had thought of it!

Top Bottom