• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm sure this will get lost in this HUGE thread...

I am making a call here.

IF the pizza place re-opens...they should put the money they got back for legal defense. In the first 6 months, a gay couple will come in and want them to cater their wedding. Waiting for the impending refusal so they can file a lawsuit.

Thats my call. Throw your bets in on timing of any impending lawsuit.

That said, I think if I were them, I'd cater their event...and do EVERYTHING I could with pizza to put crosses and Christain symbols on every pizza. Would be very easy with pepperoni. :) Hell, you could probably achieve a similar effect with a butane torch and a sheet metal template to brown the cheese in the shape of a cross.
    You think that the homosexual couple are atheists because they are homosexual?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

I am making a call here.

IF the pizza place re-opens...they should put the money they got back for legal defense. In the first 6 months, a gay couple will come in and want them to cater their wedding. Waiting for the impending refusal so they can file a lawsuit.

That said, I think if I were them, I'd cater their event...and do EVERYTHING I could with pizza to put crosses and Christain symbols on every pizza. Would be very easy with pepperoni. :) Hell, you could probably achieve a similar effect with a butane torch and a sheet metal template to brown the cheese in the shape of a cross.

Why would you do that?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I am making a call here.

I woudn't. I understand the urge to punch back. But I'd spend some portion of that money doing good in the community. I might upgrade my security a bit but I'd open my shop back up and do business like I always had, serving to whomever comes in and behaves themselves.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

I am making a call here.

Simple solution: "We don't offer catering. If you want to order a bunch of pizzas for carryout we'll be more than happy to do that for you!" :)

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I live outside Walkerton.The Pizza joint will probably reopen.That 16 year old girl has more balls than most all Republicans in congress.It was a major setup.The news57 Bitgh was setting up her cameras at 6:30 am on the sidewalk 3 hours the girl got there to open .They have a cross on their wall.They had a nice Easter display inside. I think this is what small town america has to look foward to.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I’ve been trying to follow this thread and much of the associated media circus in an effort to understand the good, bad and ugly of Indiana’s RFRA. Allow me to summarize what I think I’ve observed and please set me straight if this isn’t a correct assessment.

• IGA drafts a bill to “restore” religious freedom. The bill doesn’t really restore anything, but is designed to provide a defense for those who present their religious beliefs as being in conflict with something the government (or another person) asks them to perform.
    • Several businesses, organizations and legal scholars warn that the bill, as then written, could lead to problems.
    • 26 March, Gov. Pence signs bill and proponents issue victory proclamations.
    • Immediate uproar ensues from media, LGBT groups, politicians, business, etc..
    • Surprised by the backlash, Pence attempts to defend bill saying it’s not discriminatory, but is willing to ask IGA to add clarifying language to the already passed legislation.
    • 2 April, the IGA passes legislation that all but makes LGBT persons a protected class in Indiana.
    • Most business leaders and opposition groups are placated.
    • Although the law was not changed, only clarified, the original opposition is satisfied and the original promoters are outraged.

Therefore, I guess the legislation was changed and now virtually defends no one, because everyone is in some protected class. Memories Pizza seems to have done alright, but the citizens of Indiana really have nothing to show for all this angst and effort?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I live outside Walkerton.The Pizza joint will probably reopen.That 16 year old girl has more balls than most all Republicans in congress.It was a major setup.The news57 Bitgh was setting up her cameras at 6:30 am on the sidewalk 3 hours the girl got there to open .They have a cross on their wall.They had a nice Easter display inside. I think this is what small town america has to look foward to.

She's only 16?

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    When I saw the Turd mayor of Chicago saying to businesses fron IND to relocate to Chicago, I lol.Yea,move there and pay more taxes,and more taxes....it will blow over..the media will find it's next Ferguson probably by Monday. Hands up,don't loote!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I never said this bill was a creation of state religion, but do believe that if you look at the overall climate you can see where this is headed. I personally disagree with abortion. I feel it is murder. But I also feel a large part of the laws attempting to restrict it's practice in more conservative states is based upon religious influence. The attempts at banning gay marriage, once again... based upon religious objection. I personally do not agree with the practice of homosexuality, but it's not my job to judge them. Therefore, I don't want my religious beliefs impacting their lives via legislation passed in my interest. It's the same thing as personally passing judgment in my eyes. Which as I have previously stated, isn't my right nor responsibility.

From the standpoint of rights, freedom, and legality, one considerable difference between homosexuality and abortion is that one of the two doesn't inherently result in the death of a human being, every time it is practiced, and the other does.

I, too, couldn't care less what two consenting adults do together. I do, however, care a great deal about tens of millions of unborn humans being murdered since SCOTUS found a hidden "right to privacy" in the penumbras of the constitution.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I don't give a darn what anybody thinks I should do. I'm a free man. If I don't wanna serve my pizza to mexicans on Monday then its no mexican Mondays at my pizza shop! Don't like tall people? No tall people Tuesday! Don't like whining leftists? No whiner Wednesdays! If I don't want to sell my goods or services to anyone for any reason then I should have the right to serve or not serve anyone for any reason. I own the business.The fedgov does not own it.

I understand how the free market works. I understand that those that I refuse service to will probably never darken my doorstep again. And those that think my doing so is wrong won't come in either. I have weighed the pros and cons and determined that my morals and values are more important than doing business with someone that lives by a different set of morals and values that I can't in good conscience condone. Simple as that.

Would you refuse to serve a muslim that asked you to make an " allah be praised " cake with the twin towers on fire on it ?

Anybody that thinks its a good idea to make businesses serve people they have a moral obligation to deny service to is not interested in freedom and the rights of the individual. The smallest minority after all is the individual.

What this whole thing boils down to is an attack on Christianity, plain and simple.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    When I saw the Turd mayor of Chicago saying to businesses fron IND to relocate to Chicago, I lol.Yea,move there and pay more taxes,and more taxes....it will blow over..the media will find it's next Ferguson probably by Monday. Hands up,don't loote!

Chicago? As in, Chicago, Illinois? As in, the Illinois that has its own RFRA law that was voted for by then-state senator Barack Obama, and that is materially identical to the one originally passed by Indiana?

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    The bill should have remained as legislated. It seems the squeaky wheel was greased at the cost of the other three wheels. I agree with Cpt Caveman. I also feel that this is a political move to discredit our governor since he has expressed an interest in throwing his hat in the ring for the Presidency. If I am correct, you will see more attacks on the state of Indiana coming! To date, over 20 other states have passed similar Bills. Why no clamor over their action???

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I don't give a darn what anybody thinks I should do. I'm a free man. If I don't wanna serve my pizza to mexicans on Monday then its no mexican Mondays at my pizza shop! Don't like tall people? No tall people Tuesday! Don't like whining leftists? No whiner Wednesdays! If I don't want to sell my goods or services to anyone for any reason then I should have the right to serve or not serve anyone for any reason. I own the business.The fedgov does not own it.

I understand how the free market works. I understand that those that I refuse service to will probably never darken my doorstep again. And those that think my doing so is wrong won't come in either. I have weighed the pros and cons and determined that my morals and values are more important than doing business with someone that lives by a different set of morals and values that I can't in good conscience condone. Simple as that.

Would you refuse to serve a muslim that asked you to make an " allah be praised " cake with the twin towers on fire on it ?

Anybody that thinks its a good idea to make businesses serve people they have a moral obligation to deny service to is not interested in freedom and the rights of the individual. The smallest minority after all is the individual.

What this whole thing boils down to is an attack on Christianity, plain and simple.

You shouldn't refuse because they are Muslim, you should refuse because it is in bad taste. If the WBC came in and asked you to make the same thing would you make it? The religious part is irrelevant, it's the taste. And not the sugary kind.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom