Not open for further replies.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    What’s wrong with that? It’s there low price. It even says so. :dunno:

That time when Newtown happened and CTD canceled all mag orders so they could do this...

18057915_10158616271625486_510255628533175684_n.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I hope Amazon.com never steps in it too bad..It's quickly become my go to shopping resouorce, sometimes even for gun related stuff. There's been so many calls to boycott this retailer or that one for so many different reasons, I'm losing track. As for CTD, meh...if they have what I want at the lowest price, I'm buying. If they don't, I won't. Most have foregiven S&W and Ruger for their capitulation and betrayals, that in my mind were worse than this.

That time when Newtown happened and CTD canceled all mag orders so they could do this...

18057915_10158616271625486_510255628533175684_n.jpg

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I hope Amazon.com never steps in it too bad..It's quickly become my go to shopping resouorce, sometimes even for gun related stuff. There's been so many calls to boycott this retailer or that one for so many different reasons, I'm losing track. As for CTD, meh...if they have what I want at the lowest price, I'm buying. If they don't, I won't. Most have foregiven S&W and Ruger for their capitulation and betrayals, that in my mind were worse than this.

I knew CTD had tried to bend over its customers, but I didn't know to what extreme they'd gone. When I see this, where an item that today sells for $7 and the retailer still makes a profit, and that same item, then, sold for ~14 times that... even allowing for the cost to make the item at double what it was, that's still 700% profit.
    I'm all for supply and demand and capitalism; there comes a point when it's mere profiteering, and that, I can't support. No one is forcing me to buy from CTD, and they're allowed to set their pricing however they see fit, just as I will choose not to patronize someone who is doing so. OTOH, if they learn the lesson and price in a way that I see as acceptable, like any other sale, I will consider them. I feel like people sometimes screw up and need a bit of latitude after they've gotten their spanking in the free marketplace, to prove that they have learned the lesson as to why they were wrong.

Provide what I'm wanting to buy at a fair price, and I'll look. (Keep in mind, I'm the guy that was ready to boycott Palmetto State when they jumped the price of mags from ~$7 to ~$9 on the basis of profiteering, until they dropped the price back down.(It was right after one of the many probably-engineered crises during the Obama administration. Funny... we haven't seen any of those in the last few months, under Pres. Trump. Things that make ya go hmmmm.))

Blessings,
    Bill

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    This whole "America" thing was great while it lasted. Pack it up, time to go home.

$425 for jeans that look dirty. Because the type of people that would buy these have never seen a day of work in their life.

C-Q3_nfVYAEZdet.jpg:large

I think Mike Rowe said it best;
    https://www.facebook.com/TheRealMikeRowe/posts/1512621355414669
    "The Barracuda Straight Leg Jeans aren’t pants. They’re not even fashion. They’re a costume for wealthy people who see work as ironic – not iconic. "

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I knew CTD had tried to bend over its customers, but I didn't know to what extreme they'd gone. When I see this, where an item that today sells for $7 and the retailer still makes a profit, and that same item, then, sold for ~14 times that... even allowing for the cost to make the item at double what it was, that's still 700% profit.
    I'm all for supply and demand and capitalism; there comes a point when it's mere profiteering, and that, I can't support. No one is forcing me to buy from CTD, and they're allowed to set their pricing however they see fit, just as I will choose not to patronize someone who is doing so. OTOH, if they learn the lesson and price in a way that I see as acceptable, like any other sale, I will consider them. I feel like people sometimes screw up and need a bit of latitude after they've gotten their spanking in the free marketplace, to prove that they have learned the lesson as to why they were wrong.

Provide what I'm wanting to buy at a fair price, and I'll look. (Keep in mind, I'm the guy that was ready to boycott Palmetto State when they jumped the price of mags from ~$7 to ~$9 on the basis of profiteering, until they dropped the price back down.(It was right after one of the many probably-engineered crises during the Obama administration. Funny... we haven't seen any of those in the last few months, under Pres. Trump. Things that make ya go hmmmm.))

Blessings,
    Bill

I'm not calling anybody to not boycott them. I guess it's just that I'm over it. I shop them but I'm not sure that I've ever bought anything from them in the first place. Seems like I can always find whatever I'm looking for cheaper than cheaper than dirt. ;)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm not calling anybody to not boycott them. I guess it's just that I'm over it. I shop them but I'm not sure that I've ever bought anything from them in the first place. Seems like I can always find whatever I'm looking for cheaper than cheaper than dirt. ;)

I've heard it said that it must be some pretty expensive dirt. Maybe it's the stuff they use on the $425 "dirty jeans"?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    When you are not allowed to carry a gun or a knife...

[video=youtube;yzhpbXkF540]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzhpbXkF540[/video]

hit them with a table or chair.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom