• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Most EVs sold did not get a tax credit. Before the Inflation *** Act, the first 200,000 cars sold by a manufacturer qualified for one. Tesla is selling over 900K cars a year.

There is a lot of demand for the EVs beyond the tax credits. Today a lot of them don't qualify even under the new guidelines in the stupid IR Act.
    It is way deeper than US consumer incentives. Manufacturers are getting bucks from many governments and some are double dipping the US government. All this distorts free markets.

“U.S. Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) recently introduced the Ending Duplicative Subsidies for Electric Vehicles Act, legislation that would prohibit the automobile industry from double-dipping on federal subsidies, specifically electric vehicle (EV) tax credits, grants, and loans for EV manufacturing. The bill would require stakeholders to choose between receiving manufacturing loans or grants to lower the cost of EV production or having the vehicles they manufacture remain eligible for the new EV credits under the so-called “Inflation Reduction Act” (IRA).”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I LOVE promoting that which shoves this :poop: back up their collective a****. :bash:
    I despise everything on this list…

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    If you're a car enthusiast and you have not driven a tesla in ludicrous mode, you are missing out. They are very serious performance cars and a treat to beat on.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Why wouldn't they just pass a law that limits gas tank capacity?
    I rode a motorcycle all across this country that had a 2.2 gallon tank. I even did a 1000 mile day on that bike. I had to be pretty careful about planning gas stops, but a small gas tank is not as time / speed / distance restrictive as a battery car.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

It doesn't mention the annual registration surcharge for EV and PHEV vehicles that Indiana and many other states have. Also, the Federal tax incentives went away for many cars in an instant with Biden's Inflation Enhancement Bill. Look up the vehicle that you are interested in, but for example, the PHEV version of the Dodge Hornet (that I am looking at) will not qualify, since it's Final Assembly Point is in Italy, not in the USA.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It doesn't mention the annual registration surcharge for EV and PHEV vehicles that Indiana and many other states have. Also, the Federal tax incentives went away for many cars in an instant with Biden's Inflation Enhancement Bill. Look up the vehicle that you are interested in, but for example, the PHEV version of the Dodge Hornet (that I am looking at) will not qualify, since it's Final Assembly Point is in Italy, not in the USA.
    Yep, a spiff to the UAW…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I rode a motorcycle all across this country that had a 2.2 gallon tank. I even did a 1000 mile day on that bike. I had to be pretty careful about planning gas stops, but a small gas tank is not as time / speed / distance restrictive as a battery car.
    Fair point. It takes less than a minute to dispense 2.2 gallons. If we’re comparing apples to apples we’re talking about charging a bike not charging a car. But. You’re not charging that bike in anywhere near a minute. It limits how far you can go in a given amount of time compared to internal combustion.

But, if the goal is to limit movement by forcing EV’s on the public, I think that’s a bit beyond facts in evidence. If we’re looking for motivation I think the old saying, follow the money, has more support by facts in evidence.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don’t mind a little America First action. But I’m not down with using it to subsidize something that should either live or die by its market.
    I don’t mind it either, but it is mere window dressing because so much of building vehicles has been moved offshore. 70 years ago those were UAW jobs, but the UAW is in bed with politics and instead of wagging the dog of politics they are wagged by politics…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

You despise higher performance?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm going to buy the Dodge Charger Banshee, get the upgrades to bring it to over 800 HP, and virtue signal all over town with my fake exhaust sound.

I like the body style on that car and the two doors, maybe they will offer it with that 1100 HP crate engine for us ICE purists.

flat look.jpg dodge_100862661_h.jpg

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

#1 – Get Money for a Purchase/Lease​

Hate​

#2 – Save on Fuel and Maintenance Costs​

I don’t hate it. but as Biden’s economy works it’s magic, it makes this less true

#3 – Drive Solo in the Carpool Lane​

Don’t get me started on HOV lanes.

#4 – Have More Fun with Higher Performance​

:drool:

#5 – Clean Up Planet Earth​

Bull****

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011