• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Get the party started by Pink. When I was deployed to Saudi Arabia I. The early 2000’s, that stupid song played on armed forces radio about every 15 minutes.
    At Al Udeid (Qatar) in 2005 the only time I heard AFN radio was on the bus to/from where I worked in CAOC Compound. I swear 1985 by Bowling for Soup played every time I was on the bus. I thought it was Weird Al Yankovic so I was OK with it. Now I'm not.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Brown Eyed Girl-Van Morrison
    It was my Ex-wife's Fav.
    Rocket Man was one for me for a while for similar reasons.

Was dating a girl back in the early 90s. I took her up to the ren fair in Lafayette to drop her off to hang with some friends. On the way up we were channel surfing and a brand new station "the rocket" was about to go live on air, so as a gimmick, the entire week before they apparently played that song continuously. As soon as we found it on the way up, she wanted to listen to it.

Then of course on the way home, same thing. I dont mind it so much now. But for a while I HATED it.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Mine? Edie Brickell's What I am.

I worked at Dunham's in the early 90s. They only had a 45 minute loop for their Muzak. So I heard the same 15-20 songs every damn hour. I already really didnt like that song before that job. Hearing it 10x a day really sucked.
    Same, but for me, It's You Better, You Bet by the Who.

I love The Who, but that song takes me right back to my job as a stock boy at a Hooks Drugs in the early 80s. That job was so terrible, for years I'd have dreams where I was still working there, and I'd always wake up feeling the anxiety.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Slow Ride from Foghat ...................
    1976 ? ......I had "activity period" right after lunch in high school( back when you could leave in your car and come back ;) ) . Always went to the library after lunch hour because you could check out cassette tapes w/ headphones and chill on some music , but the only rock one they had was Foghat .............played way too many times until I could not stand it anymore ,
    Still cringe today and always gets the eye roll when heard . ( thankfully not much requested today )

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    MacArthur Park cake in the rain song by Donna Summers. Listened to that song like 30 times a day while picking blueberries every day that entire summer it was popular. We got very good at making fun of it and probably scared off some u-pick customers with our version and horrible singing.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    A few months before Matchbox 20 hit it big, they played a concert at Slayter Hill Slammer. Awesome concert. 6 months later I could not turn on the radio and tune the dial without hearing Matchbox 20. I don't remember any of the song titles I hated them all. For mental health reasons I am not going to subject my self to finding a specific sort title. There definitely was one but it was still the whole album.
    Kyle Cook’s mom was our business teacher in high school. He went to Frankfort high school. So my senior year everything was matchbox twenty this and that. It got old real fast.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    And another thing! Similar but off topic,
    I H.A.T.E. the "wilhelm scream" in movies, it's lame and stupid, played out, and takes me COMPLETELY out of the movie.

Top Bottom