• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OK. We have a best song ever, what are you listening to, etc. threads. Now lets go to the dark side.

Tell us your all time claw your face off shut the radio off with a hammer song. And the story behind it.

Mine? Edie Brickell's What I am.

I worked at Dunham's in the early 90s. They only had a 45 minute loop for their Muzak. So I heard the same 15-20 songs every damn hour. I already really didnt like that song before that job. Hearing it 10x a day really sucked.

EDIT: ONE SONG. Not a band or a genre. This is much more visceral than that. ONE SONG.

Its easy to poo-poo a band or genre because its not your thing. I'm talking that ONE SONG that makes you want to leave the room or get a Forest Whittaker eye because you cant leave.

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Nirvana, Smells like teen spirit. So overplayed in my party days I'd be good if I never heard it again

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    It’s a Queen song but I don’t know the title. Sounds like a perverted opera number.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Billy Joel, Still Rock and Roll to Me. WAY overplayed in the early 80s, the intro makes me want to throw things.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Kid Rock earned his spot in hell the day he decided it was clever to rhyme "things" with "things".

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    The “William Tell Overture”, you see when I was a kid, my dad had this thing for TV westerns and every week when Lawrence Welk came on he had to watch the Lone Ranger. I hated that song. The End.

:whistle:

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    OK. We have a best song ever, what are you listening to, etc. threads. Now lets go to the dark side.

Tell us your all time claw your face off shut the radio off with a hammer song. And the story behind it.

Mine? Edie Brickell's What I am.

I worked at Dunham's in the early 90s. They only had a 45 minute loop for their Muzak. So I heard the same 15-20 songs every damn hour. I already really didnt like that song before that job. Hearing it 10x a day really sucked.

EDIT: ONE SONG. Not a band or a genre. This is much more visceral than that. ONE SONG.

Its easy to poo-poo a band or genre because its not your thing. I'm talking that ONE SONG that makes you want to leave the room or get a Forest Whittaker eye because you cant leave.
    Let me think for a moment and I’ll give you a real one. Just gotta think about it, the only real thing I can come up with is anything after the 80’s, and I know that’s not what you want.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Huey Lewis & The News, "I Want a New Drug".

Seems like 95% of the time when one of the local (Indy-area) radio stations plays a HL&TN song, this is the one they play. It's really not a very good song, and it's probably not even one of their Top 10: Power of Love, Back In Time, Do You Believe In Love?, Heart and Soul, Couple Days Off, If This Is It, Stuck With You, Hip To Be Square, Working For A Livin', I Know What I Like, Jacob's Ladder...

(Anyone else getting American Psycho vibes from that post?)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Aerosmith “come together”. Oh my god that sucks! Aerosmith had lots of great songs, and so did the Beatles, I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ONE COVERING THE OTHER!!!! I haven’t listened to broadcast radio for a few years, but my god, every rock station played that horrible ass cover song every 10 ****ing minutes!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    How many pages before we can go off the rails like every other thread?

• Haha
    Reactions: Mij

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    A few months before Matchbox 20 hit it big, they played a concert at Slayter Hill Slammer. Awesome concert. 6 months later I could not turn on the radio and tune the dial without hearing Matchbox 20. I don't remember any of the song titles I hated them all. For mental health reasons I am not going to subject my self to finding a specific sort title. There definitely was one but it was still the whole album.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Oh! And dirty deeds! That’s probably the worst song AC/DC ever did and THAT is the one corporate radio decided to play into oblivion? Virtually EVERY other song that band did is extremely enjoyable to listen to, but big radio chooses THAT song to cram down our ear canals.

Top Bottom