• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If anyone didn’t see the pinned thread, Bigtanker was involved in a fatal semi accident. Prayers out to his family. Goodness that hurts. :(
    I hadn't seen the pinned thread, so thank you for sharing this heartbreaking news here as well. Kinda like getting kicked in the gut.

I never met the man personally but he certainly seemed to be yet another good man whose presence here will truly be missed. Let's keep his family in our thoughts and prayers. At the moment my heartbreaks for Little tanker
    Rest in peace Big Tanker and give our best to Churchmouse

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Anyone have transmission builder recommendations? My transmission guy isn't sure he can get this together before the middle of February.
    This is for my truck - all I need is to have the kit installed into a transmission, potentially buying a used transmission to do that (I'm leaving my current transmission in the truck until the new one is ready, then it can come out as a core or whatever).

If anyone wants the details - 05 F350, 4wd, 5r110 transmission, and the rebuild kit is Warren Diesel's full billet kit. I can buy a transmission or whoever builds it can provide their own and I can pay for it, doesn't matter to me. Just would like to get this done faster than the middle of February.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Well, racecar has developed a clunk on the rear. Being a beam car theres not much to clunk. 2 bushings, 2 shocks and a spring on each side. Done. It was none of them. The left rear caliper pins are worn to the point of sloppy. Hit a bump, it starts to shake and rattle until you breathe on the brake pedal where it stops until the next one. Easy fix. I already have braided lines that will be here tomorrow, a pair of new Mando rear calipers fixes that.

I figure since its also leaking, I'll drive the Sierra until the weekend. It hasn't been driven much so it'll be good to move it around. Back out of the garage and as I'm pushing the garage door opener I feel my foot falling to the floor... Blew a brake line in the driveway.

Really glad I bought the wife a new car last month. At least I only have two broken cars.

Top Bottom