• ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    CP

I disagree the Predator is much faster.

Yes and no. That’s more of a specialized engine that’s way outside the reach of most people. Also, at the drag strip at least, I would say that Coyotes have gone way faster then any Predator engine thus far.

I think most people would agree that the LS is the best engine family GM has ever made. It’s accessible to most people and can make big reliable power with bolt ons or boost. Does that mean the LSA or the LS7 or the LT4 isn’t faster than a truck 6.0? Of course it is.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Yeah your right there will only be about 15,000 GT500’s made. Coyote engines have a huge aftermarket following. Procharger and a tune and your flying.

I like the LS family but IMO it’s a overdone swap. Kinda boring when everyone is running them.

I bet I am the only person that bought my wife cat less mid pipes and a new super charger belt for Christmas!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well just got home from PRI and it sure seemed like less people there than in previous years. Also maybe a few less exhibitors but it was still packed.
    Tons of walking and my knees are shot for now. But it was a good time and get a few small things accomplished.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well just got home from PRI and it sure seemed like less people there than in previous years. Also maybe a few less exhibitors but it was still packed.
    Tons of walking and my knees are shot for now. But it was a good time and get a few small things accomplished.
    I went Thursday. Not too bad. I parked in the lot next to the building across from Lucas Oil Stadium. I was able to find some leads for my company so it turned out good for me on a professional basis anyway.

On a personal level, I am old, lol. It was good to see the companies I grew up with still around. And it was nice to see several carb companies still offering old school carburetion. But pretty much everything now a days is forced induction and computers. Not to mention over the top builds.

I can appreciate the fabrication involved, but I just can't see it in my lifetime for me.

A friend of mine is into fast boats. He has a 21' Velocity with two blown big blocks in it. When he was building his engines he told me he had $10K in the exhaust. At the time I thought that was ludicrous. But after walking the show, I'm guessing plumbing can run that much fairly often.

For now I will stick with my XJ rebuild. That scratches my itch as far as working on cars. And I feel better about spending hundreds vs thousands! :)

I walked 4.7 miles in the show.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I went Thursday. Not too bad. I parked in the lot next to the building across from Lucas Oil Stadium. I was able to find some leads for my company so it turned out good for me on a professional basis anyway.

On a personal level, I am old, lol. It was good to see the companies I grew up with still around. And it was nice to see several carb companies still offering old school carburetion. But pretty much everything now a days is forced induction and computers. Not to mention over the top builds.

I can appreciate the fabrication involved, but I just can't see it in my lifetime for me.

A friend of mine is into fast boats. He has a 21' Velocity with two blown big blocks in it. When he was building his engines he told me he had $10K in the exhaust. At the time I thought that was ludicrous. But after walking the show, I'm guessing plumbing can run that much fairly often.

For now I will stick with my XJ rebuild. That scratches my itch as far as working on cars. And I feel better about spending hundreds vs thousands! :)

I walked 4.7 miles in the show.
    It is amazing how much costs have increased on everything. I'm thinking about a bigger carb for the racecar; the 650 holley double pumper I originally bought cost me $379 new way back. Looking at a 750 yesterday, $850. :ugh:

I told the wife a year or so back that I had 90% of the parts I needed to reassemble the car, whodathunk the other 10% "might" cost as much now as the original 90% did then! :nailbite:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It is amazing how much costs have increased on everything. I'm thinking about a bigger carb for the racecar; the 650 holley double pumper I originally bought cost me $379 new way back. Looking at a 750 yesterday, $850. :ugh:

I told the wife a year or so back that I had 90% of the parts I needed to reassemble the car, whodathunk the other 10% "might" cost as much now as the original 90% did then! :nailbite:
    Yeah, definitely a rich person’s sport. And I’m conditioned with really good deals during my time with TRW and Federal Mogul: usually free! I even bartered machine work!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Any of you guys following Bunker Hill Drag strip? Cory McMillan (sp?) bought it and seems to be really turning it around. Since Osceola closed, it our closest track and our local racers are really liking it.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Any of you guys following Bunker Hill Drag strip? Cory McMillan (sp?) bought it and seems to be really turning it around. Since Osceola closed, it our closest track and our local racers are really liking it.
    I knew he purchased it, but I haven't been following.

I've ran down that track a number of times. I always liked going there, especially for the All Harley Drags.

It was needing work and I hope he gets it straightened up. Hoping to take the son there this summer.

Was Osceola 1/8 mile also?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I knew he purchased it, but I haven't been following.

I've ran down that track a number of times. I always liked going there, especially for the All Harley Drags.

It was needing work and I hope he gets it straightened up. Hoping to take the son there this summer.

Was Osceola 1/8 mile also?
    OC was a 1/4

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Bunker was 1/4 back when I raced there 40+ years ago. Don't remember when but remember hearing about it going 1/8 mile several years later.
    :fogey:
    Wow, I couldn't even picture it being 1/4 mile. Probably would have had to cross the road to shut down. I know it's been 1/8 since at least mid 80's

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Aight, Google is failing me here.
    Talking with my buddy the other day - both of us have cars with no title, that we bought more than a year ago.
    I know there's a way to apply for a title using only a bill of sale. The thing is, my buddy is saying that registering the car requires you pay for registration for EVERY YEAR from the bill of sale to the date you register. IE - buy the car in 2015 with a bill of sale and you title/register it in 2022, you're paying hundreds in registration fees for 2015-2022.
    I know the state is a bunch of greedy ***** but that just doesn't seem right to me.

Found some fee charts online that are stating $15 for late registration and $10 for late titles or something like that, but can't find any mention of increasing late fees or paying back-registration fees.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Aight, Google is failing me here.
    Talking with my buddy the other day - both of us have cars with no title, that we bought more than a year ago.
    I know there's a way to apply for a title using only a bill of sale. The thing is, my buddy is saying that registering the car requires you pay for registration for EVERY YEAR from the bill of sale to the date you register. IE - buy the car in 2015 with a bill of sale and you title/register it in 2022, you're paying hundreds in registration fees for 2015-2022.
    I know the state is a bunch of greedy ***** but that just doesn't seem right to me.

Found some fee charts online that are stating $15 for late registration and $10 for late titles or something like that, but can't find any mention of increasing late fees or paying back-registration fees.
    I don't know what you need to do about the title issue but when I bought a car and planned on storing it for a year I filled out this form.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I don't know what you need to do about the title issue but when I bought a car and planned on storing it for a year I filled out this form.

Yup, I've done that to my Mustang a few times.
    However, the cars in question haven't been registered in years. In his case, the car's last title was out of state. I'm pretty sure that mine was from Indiana, though. Based on the history of the car that I know.
    So for my buddy, the state literally has no record of that car, ever.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yup, I've done that to my Mustang a few times.
    However, the cars in question haven't been registered in years. In his case, the car's last title was out of state. I'm pretty sure that mine was from Indiana, though. Based on the history of the car that I know.
    So for my buddy, the state literally has no record of that car, ever.
    I'm no help but take a deep breath and prepare to jump through some hoops. Vehicles without titles are a pain to get titled. I tried to get one for a utility trailer and the hassle was so much that I decided I'm not going to buy one unless it has a title.

If I recall, I would have had to send a certified letter to the owner, which he would have had to sign the letter, include the bill of sale and send it back certified. This is so there is proof the letter actually went through the postal system to a real address.

Then I could take all this in and apply for a title and wait.

I may be missing some steps as like I said I abandoned it. The owner of the trailer was not interested in going through the necessary steps to help me get a title.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I'm no help but take a deep breath and prepare to jump through some hoops. Vehicles without titles are a pain to get titled. I tried to get one for a utility trailer and the hassle was so much that I decided I'm not going to buy one unless it has a title.

If I recall, I would have had to send a certified letter to the owner, which he would have had to sign the letter, include the bill of sale and send it back certified. This is so there is proof the letter actually went through the postal system to a real address.

Then I could take all this in and apply for a title and wait.

I may be missing some steps as like I said I abandoned it. The owner of the trailer was not interested in going through the necessary steps to help me get a title.
    I think I found a way around this. Because what happens when the owner isn't interested, or isn't alive anymore, etc? There has to be a way around it.
    I've got the paperwork in a folder here somewhere. Guess I'll get started on it and just see what happens. I'm not convinced it will be overly expensive. If I can make a write-up on what I did and how to make it easier for someone else, I will.

Top Bottom