• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Don’t we have a thread for pictures? I thought this one was for discussion. I keep popping in and only seeing page after page of photos.
    I'm on a British car forum that has a couple of GREAT picture threads, they'd love the ones that have been popping up lately.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I am somewhat embarrassed to say that I’ve never done a smoky burn out in any of my muscle cars. Not even before I sold my 2005 GTO and I haven’t done one in the Corvette either.

I need new tires on the ‘vette for this season, I am thinking it’s time to put it into competition mode and light these puppies up before I go to the tire shop.
    1676440664457.jpeg

Damn, tires got expensive since last time I checked, it’s gonna put a dent in my gun budget. The Hankook Ventus that are on it now have been fabulous for the price so that’s what I’ll probably put on it again.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I’ve done my share of smoke filled rubber destroying burnouts.

Currently trying to track down a new daily. 2023 forte gt manual. 201hp 6spd manual with a ton of tech. Super fun to drive and if I get bored with 201hp at the crank it’s a tune, intake and exhaust away from 265whp.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    One of my brothers and I did "smoke tests" on pretty much any car we, our kids or our other brother had. Much to the chagrin of our kids and other brother!

But in our defense, they new we did smoke tests; they shouldn't have let us drive their cars! ;)

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    McFlurry is down..... Broke on the drive, according to an Instagram post from Cleetus. Not sure what broke yet. Someone commented, "maybe it was a bad idea to name it after the most broken machine in the world."

Tire note - I'm looking at picking up another set of Federal RS-RR's. They've got a 295/35/18 now and it's only gonna be like $700 for a full set.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    McFlurry is down..... Broke on the drive, according to an Instagram post from Cleetus. Not sure what broke yet. Someone commented, "maybe it was a bad idea to name it after the most broken machine in the world."

Tire note - I'm looking at picking up another set of Federal RS-RR's. They've got a 295/35/18 now and it's only gonna be like $700 for a full set.
    James and George were then going to finish the week in the Porsche which then blew a tire... Rough week.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So I did the thing. Again. Bought a nice new daily so I can have something with warranty and modern for hte next decade. I know this is the hotrod thread so I do have to point out its way faster than my racecar. Like... way way faster. I like turbos now.

So my first new car (for me) since 2002, which is also the year I started down this Korean crap box rabbit hole.
    1679402009437.png

2023 Kia Forte GT Manual. 1.6Turbo and manual trans with all the goodies. Honda Civic Si competitor for abou $4k less.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    So I did the thing. Again. Bought a nice new daily so I can have something with warranty and modern for hte next decade. I know this is the hotrod thread so I do have to point out its way faster than my racecar. Like... way way faster. I like turbos now.

So my first new car (for me) since 2002, which is also the year I started down this Korean crap box rabbit hole.
    View attachment 264395

2023 Kia Forte GT Manual. 1.6Turbo and manual trans with all the goodies. Honda Civic Si competitor for abou $4k less.

Modern EFI/DI coupled with turbo technology has made a massive difference in “normal” cars over the past decade. It’s hard to overstate how different it is nowadays.

Top Bottom