• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I mostly play PUBG, but also some COD: Warzone. Usually Thursday and Friday nights after work, and on the weekends. Occasionally some Diablo or Guild Wars 2.

I prefer team based FPS games, but sometimes I want to do RPGS.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I have a friend that begs me to play farming simulator with him. I played it a couple times and all you do is plow fields and plant corn. No thanks.

Some dude keeps begging me to play games with him too... I keep telling him I get the candy first, then I'll get in the van.

1630161338903.png

---

I don't have much time for gaming these days. I'm probably 60%-ish through a Platinum run of RDR2. Working through the Uncharted games on Crushing difficulty (completed 1 and 2... can't remember if I completed 3.. pretty sure I didn't start on 4) and I have games in the backlog going back to at least the PS3 era. I keep trying to get into Mass Effect Andromeda and can't.. Sort of the same thing with Dead Rising 4.

My day job is pretty mouse intensive so I have to pick how much arthritis/carpel tunnel I want to give myself from which activities. The good news is that I can't think of anything released in the last 2 years that I care about.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I mostly play PUBG, but also some COD: Warzone. Usually Thursday and Friday nights after work, and on the weekends. Occasionally some Diablo or Guild Wars 2.

I prefer team based FPS games, but sometimes I want to do RPGS.
    People still play pubg? When it first released my buddies were obsessed with it so I played it for a month or so, got really repetitive really quick.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Some dude keeps begging me to play games with him too... I keep telling him I get the candy first, then I'll get in the van.

View attachment 155600

---

I don't have much time for gaming these days. I'm probably 60%-ish through a Platinum run of RDR2. Working through the Uncharted games on Crushing difficulty (completed 1 and 2... can't remember if I completed 3.. pretty sure I didn't start on 4) and I have games in the backlog going back to at least the PS3 era. I keep trying to get into Mass Effect Andromeda and can't.. Sort of the same thing with Dead Rising 4.

My day job is pretty mouse intensive so I have to pick how much arthritis/carpel tunnel I want to give myself from which activities. The good news is that I can't think of anything released in the last 2 years that I care about.
    Yep. Last game I bought newly released was rdr2. Nothing new really looks like something I’d play... and it damn sure isn’t worth $60

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Yep. Last game I bought newly released was rdr2. Nothing new really looks like something I’d play... and it damn sure isn’t worth $60

I bought the launch day pre-order special wazoo whatever edition of RDR2 for a cool C-note. On PS4, it comes with another gang hideout (...and RDR2 hideouts are weak compared to RDR1) to run through and I think you started with a better horse..? I kinda expected more out of it, but I know those d's at Rockstar would either never release the additional single player DLC or charge a fortune for it bundled with other crap... I just ponied up from the start.

That was the last "new" game I bought as well. I keep forgetting there's a Metal Gear for PS4 that I don't have and should probably get at some point. I think that came out years ago at this point though...

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I bought the launch day pre-order special wazoo whatever edition of RDR2 for a cool C-note. On PS4, it comes with another gang hideout (...and RDR2 hideouts are weak compared to RDR1) to run through and I think you started with a better horse..? I kinda expected more out of it, but I know those d's at Rockstar would either never release the additional single player DLC or charge a fortune for it bundled with other crap... I just ponied up from the start.

That was the last "new" game I bought as well. I keep forgetting there's a Metal Gear for PS4 that I don't have and should probably get at some point. I think that came out years ago at this point though...
    Ya I watched neebs gaming play metal gear solid and decided it wasn’t for me. I liked the old ones but like most shooters they’ve changed the entire style.

I got the special edition preorder of rdr2. Don’t know why, the horse was the only thing I used regularly until I captured the white one up by the frozen lake. The story was amazing. If it were a movie I believe it’d be one of the best westerns I’ve ever seen. I would love for another single player DLC, but gta 5 killed any chance of rockstar focusing on anything but online.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Ya I watched neebs gaming play metal gear solid and decided it wasn’t for me. I liked the old ones but like most shooters they’ve changed the entire style.

I got the special edition preorder of rdr2. Don’t know why, the horse was the only thing I used regularly until I captured the white one up by the frozen lake. The story was amazing. If it were a movie I believe it’d be one of the best westerns I’ve ever seen. I would love for another single player DLC, but gta 5 killed any chance of rockstar focusing on anything but online.

Last one I played was 4 (my PS3 is the MGS4 edition) and it was as good as it ever was. MGS never were shooters, so... that might be the issue there. I like the sneak/hide/assassin aspect of it.

XBone didn't get the additional hideout. PS exclusive. I wouldn't have paid for just the "ok" horse.

I disagree on the story. I'm having a hard time coming up with a western with a leader, or even a villain, as stupid as Dutch and I find it frustrating to watch. IMO, in the game this is made even worse because I have some degree of free will, but the story is still foolishly rigid. For instance: In my current play through my Arthur was balling out of control... Like $100k in the glove, macked out everything, camp is like an episode of Cribs, etc. But Dutch still needs that "one last job".

Spoiler:
    Switch off to John and Abigail is whining at me about money too. She's also whining at me about my behavior when I have 100% honor.

It took a lot of killin' to get that rich and a lot of bootlicking after the fact to get that "good". They should recognize.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Last one I played was 4 (my PS3 is the MGS4 edition) and it was as good as it ever was. MGS never were shooters, so... that might be the issue there. I like the sneak/hide/assassin aspect of it.

XBone didn't get the additional hideout. PS exclusive. I wouldn't have paid for just the "ok" horse.

I disagree on the story. I'm having a hard time coming up with a western with a leader, or even a villain, as stupid as Dutch and I find it frustrating to watch. IMO, in the game this is made even worse because I have some degree of free will, but the story is still foolishly rigid. For instance: In my current play through my Arthur was balling out of control... Like $100k in the glove, macked out everything, camp is like an episode of Cribs, etc. But Dutch still needs that "one last job".

Spoiler:
    Switch off to John and Abigail is whining at me about money too. She's also whining at me about my behavior when I have 100% honor.

It took a lot of killin' to get that rich and a lot of bootlicking after the fact to get that "good". They should recognize.
    They definitely made the money easy to come by in this one. It kinda ruined it, I have every piece of clothing, gun upgrade, legendary animal outfit, all stable slots full, etc. Then online you’ll clear a hideout and make $0.82 from all the bodies. I gave up on online. I still occasionally get on if there’s an update, check on my moonshine business, catch some fish, and call it a day.

I still like how I can get on and relax. Other games you’re constantly doing something. Red dead I can sit by the fire and listen to people tell stories, go to a saloon and get hammered or start fights, etc. (I’d love the chance to throw you out of the saloon on your ass).

All in all it’s definitely my go to. Not many games have hundreds of activities to do at your own pace, or the ability to do nothing at all. And the scenery is amazing.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    They definitely made the money easy to come by in this one. It kinda ruined it, I have every piece of clothing, gun upgrade, legendary animal outfit, all stable slots full, etc. Then online you’ll clear a hideout and make $0.82 from all the bodies. I gave up on online. I still occasionally get on if there’s an update, check on my moonshine business, catch some fish, and call it a day.

I still like how I can get on and relax. Other games you’re constantly doing something. Red dead I can sit by the fire and listen to people tell stories, go to a saloon and get hammered or start fights, etc. (I’d love the chance to throw you out of the saloon on your ass).

All in all it’s definitely my go to. Not many games have hundreds of activities to do at your own pace, or the ability to do nothing at all. And the scenery is amazing.

No kidding, especially because my current play through bugged. I ended up with a situation where I could kill a bunch of bounty hunters (and their horses, of course), travel slightly away from the scene of the crime, and come back and the horse corpses would all regenerate and become available for looting again. About 30% of the horses have gold nuggets in the saddle bags so I would just get paid and paid and paid. I'd loot a round of horses, another dozen bounty hunters would roll through, I'd cap them all, loot, repeat, etc. It was getting to the point that running out of ammo in all of my firearms was my limiting factor, so we're talking about thousands of dead bounty hunters and horses. :laugh:

This happened right next to the fence in Hennigan's Stead(?), so could empty my saddle bags of Moonshine, belt buckles, etc when they filled up pretty easily. Then I'd have to race out to Valentine for ammo every once in awhile, then do it all again.

...then I spent days walking around Saint Denis going "Hey there!", "How's it goin', partner!", "Fine weather we're having today!" to every NPC I could find, and usually getting told to go **** off as repayment for being friendly. :(

Personally, I think the way I played the game would make a much better movie than the actual game plot. Kill several counties worth of people, show up in town covered in blood, "How's it goin', partner?!". It would be like Unforgiven, but in reverse order.

---

As far just chillin', they took away the one activity from RDR1 that I really enjoyed for that purpose (or at least it was gone): Poker. I had a regular crew of folks that I'd play cards on there with and we'd go on raids and such sometimes, then play some more cards. At one time I was something like 70th on the poker leader boards. Not because I'm good, but because I just played a lot.

I haven't had PS+ in around 2 years now, I can't play online if I wanted to.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    No kidding, especially because my current play through bugged. I ended up with a situation where I could kill a bunch of bounty hunters (and their horses, of course), travel slightly away from the scene of the crime, and come back and the horse corpses would all regenerate and become available for looting again. About 30% of the horses have gold nuggets in the saddle bags so I would just get paid and paid and paid. I'd loot a round of horses, another dozen bounty hunters would roll through, I'd cap them all, loot, repeat, etc. It was getting to the point that running out of ammo in all of my firearms was my limiting factor, so we're talking about thousands of dead bounty hunters and horses. :laugh:

This happened right next to the fence in Hennigan's Stead(?), so could empty my saddle bags of Moonshine, belt buckles, etc when they filled up pretty easily. Then I'd have to race out to Valentine for ammo every once in awhile, then do it all again.

...then I spent days walking around Saint Denis going "Hey there!", "How's it goin', partner!", "Fine weather we're having today!" to every NPC I could find, and usually getting told to go **** off as repayment for being friendly. :(

Personally, I think the way I played the game would make a much better movie than the actual game plot. Kill several counties worth of people, show up in town covered in blood, "How's it goin', partner?!". It would be like Unforgiven, but in reverse order.

---

As far just chillin', they took away the one activity from RDR1 that I really enjoyed for that purpose (or at least it was gone): Poker. I had a regular crew of folks that I'd play cards on there with and we'd go on raids and such sometimes, then play some more cards. At one time I was something like 70th on the poker leader boards. Not because I'm good, but because I just played a lot.

I haven't had PS+ in around 2 years now, I can't play online if I wanted to.
    They have poker now.

I really miss horse shoes and liars dice. That’s what I spent most of my time doing on 1. The environment in 2 is amazing tho. From deserts to swamps and forests, it’s a beautiful game. And the ability to break out a fishing pole at any body of water is awesome.

Ps+ sucks. Get Xbox. ;)

The thing that bothers me most about the online is the Indian reserve Wapiti is gone. So up north in the snowy region there really isn’t anything to do other than hunt. They really need to add a city or put the Indian tribe back online.

When I first started online I made my character a Native American. I would only use the bow and arrow or knives and hatchets. After getting ****ed up by a bunch of kids I re created a character and make their life hell if they shoot me now. Keep dynamite arrows just for the little brats.

I kinda wanna play now. Maybe tonight if I get done with everything at a decent time.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I played old school, doom. Wolfenstein and quake series.

Then I went modern and played Battlefield 1942. Axis and Allies, and whichever CoD was WWII based.

Then I decided they weren't violent enough so I joined INGO.

Been gaming here ever since.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Then I went modern and played Battlefield 1942. Axis and Allies, and whichever CoD was WWII based.

COD world at war I think. I loved that game

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    They have poker now.

I really miss horse shoes and liars dice. That’s what I spent most of my time doing on 1. The environment in 2 is amazing tho. From deserts to swamps and forests, it’s a beautiful game. And the ability to break out a fishing pole at any body of water is awesome.

Ps+ sucks. Get Xbox. ;)

The thing that bothers me most about the online is the Indian reserve Wapiti is gone. So up north in the snowy region there really isn’t anything to do other than hunt. They really need to add a city or put the Indian tribe back online.

When I first started online I made my character a Native American. I would only use the bow and arrow or knives and hatchets. After getting ****ed up by a bunch of kids I re created a character and make their life hell if they shoot me now. Keep dynamite arrows just for the little brats.

I kinda wanna play now. Maybe tonight if I get done with everything at a decent time.

Kinda wish I didn't know that... Probably still not gonna get online. Just too much of a time sink. RDR1 was popular when I was laid off and between jobs, so it filled a lot of my hours in a very low cost way. I had to put the pipe down when I got my next gig.

Lair's Dice is a bunch of fun, but it was never very social when I played. Most people didn't even have mics and there were no real LD "crews" that ran together. Just a bunch of randos playing whenever. I'd almost never get a full table either so the games were pretty quick and pretty boring a lot of the time.

RDR2 is an amazing looking game. I'm very curious what the eventual PS5 4K version will look like. That was one of the motivating factors behind buying the TV I did.

Spoiler: The Native camp is going in single player too after the Arthur play. It would be weird if they brought it back for online. Plus... and maybe I'm not understanding what you're talking about, there wasn't much to do there. There were just some buildings and teepees. I never thought of it as a good deathmatch/hideout spot?

Whatever, scrublord, PS4Lyfe.

I made my online character literally the ugliest dude I could think of because I thought it was funny. Guy looked kinda like Seth from RDR1, but with worse skin and clothes and fewer teeth. The only time I ever played was on beta test launch day of online. I killed some dude and his horse while he wasn't looking, then split. :whistle:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

Our Deathmatches are fun and cheeky, online video games are mean and cruel.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Kinda wish I didn't know that... Probably still not gonna get online. Just too much of a time sink. RDR1 was popular when I was laid off and between jobs, so it filled a lot of my hours in a very low cost way. I had to put the pipe down when I got my next gig.

Lair's Dice is a bunch of fun, but it was never very social when I played. Most people didn't even have mics and there were no real LD "crews" that ran together. Just a bunch of randos playing whenever. I'd almost never get a full table either so the games were pretty quick and pretty boring a lot of the time.

RDR2 is an amazing looking game. I'm very curious what the eventual PS5 4K version will look like. That was one of the motivating factors behind buying the TV I did.

Spoiler: The Native camp is going in single player too after the Arthur play. It would be weird if they brought it back for online. Plus... and maybe I'm not understanding what you're talking about, there wasn't much to do there. There were just some buildings and teepees. I never thought of it as a good deathmatch/hideout spot?

Whatever, scrublord, PS4Lyfe.

I made my online character literally the ugliest dude I could think of because I thought it was funny. Guy looked kinda like Seth from RDR1, but with worse skin and clothes and fewer teeth. The only time I ever played was on beta test launch day of online. I killed some dude and his horse while he wasn't looking, then split. :whistle:
    Ya, I’ve beat the game completely so I know the camp is gone at the end of single player, but online is supposed to take event a year or so before the story, don’t remember exactly how long before. So in reality, it should be there, unless they use the excuse “the natives weren’t forced up there yet”. I think it’s more likely they didn’t want people going up there and finding ways to murder them and posting it online, then receiving backlash from it. They could always make weapons unavailable there like single player, but that could potentially raise other issues in online. Either way, it’s absence sucks. It’s not that you could do anything there per se, it’s just that it brought life to an area that has absolutely nothing else. They need some sort of town or something up north to make it worth going there. Otherwise, I never travel there.

I have ps4 (don’t have rdr on it) and I like the Xbox better. The layout, the controller, the full 4K (;))

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I was even in clans!

TLB, HOPw.

Those were the days.

Then I was accused of cheating by Punkbuster.

Luckily a member of TLB was familiar with Punkbuster and I spoke on the phone with those people. After 3 months, I was proven innocent. Lost my taste for gaming though.

Then I understood what it means to have everyone think you are guilty of something you didn't do, so I took up the mantle of defending those who are summarily condemned

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Ya, I’ve beat the game completely so I know the camp is gone at the end of single player, but online is supposed to take event a year or so before the story, don’t remember exactly how long before. So in reality, it should be there, unless they use the excuse “the natives weren’t forced up there yet”. I think it’s more likely they didn’t want people going up there and finding ways to murder them and posting it online, then receiving backlash from it. They could always make weapons unavailable there like single player, but that could potentially raise other issues in online. Either way, it’s absence sucks. It’s not that you could do anything there per se, it’s just that it brought life to an area that has absolutely nothing else. They need some sort of town or something up north to make it worth going there. Otherwise, I never travel there.

I have ps4 (don’t have rdr on it) and I like the Xbox better. The layout, the controller, the full 4K (;))

Hey homes, the spoiler alert wasn't for you... Public forum and all... But, way to kill it for everyone else. :laugh: :facepalm:

I don't see an issue with any public outrage. You can shoot everyone else of any color you'd like, including women, everywhere else in the game. Rockstar drew the line at children as that has long been their stance (a pretty good rule... except the street urchins. They need to die).

I don't like the Xbox controller and I really don't like how MS handled the launch of the XBone by just telling customers they'll take what they want to sell and like it. They lost me as a customer for life with that move. And... Now that Xbox and PC are virtually the same thing via the XBox store in Windows, I don't see a reason to buy one.

I'm honestly not aware of the 4K technical limitations on either system. I had an HD rear projection CRT when I bought my PS4, so, image conditions were not ideal anyhow. The Bravia that replaced it is actually the "official" TV of the PS5, so, I'm expecting that match to play well together. The TV itself is awesome for its price range and I'm just waiting on a reason to buy a PS5 (and availability and all of that). I'll probably end up with a "slim" model by the time I get around to it.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Hey homes, the spoiler alert wasn't for you... Public forum and all... But, way to kill it for everyone else. :laugh: :facepalm:

I don't see an issue with any public outrage. You can shoot everyone else of any color you'd like, including women, everywhere else in the game. Rockstar drew the line at children as that has long been their stance (a pretty good rule... except the street urchins. They need to die).

I don't like the Xbox controller and I really don't like how MS handled the launch of the XBone by just telling customers they'll take what they want to sell and like it. They lost me as a customer for life with that move. And... Now that Xbox and PC are virtually the same thing via the XBox store in Windows, I don't see a reason to buy one.

I'm honestly not aware of the 4K technical limitations on either system. I had an HD rear projection CRT when I bought my PS4, so, image conditions were not ideal anyhow. The Bravia that replaced it is actually the "official" TV of the PS5, so, I'm expecting that match to play well together. The TV itself is awesome for its price range and I'm just waiting on a reason to buy a PS5 (and availability and all of that). I'll probably end up with a "slim" model by the time I get around to it.
    It’s a 3 year old game, lol. If you so much as YouTube it you’re gonna see the ending, and I didn’t give anything away I just said the tribe is gone at the end? I guess if that ruins the game for someone that hasn’t played it for 3 years they deserve it Overly sensitive about your spoilers, eh? :)

I was gonna get a ps5 but couldn’t find them available anywhere, except eBay and I’ll be damned if I’m paying double retail price so some jackass can get loaded off screwin the little guy. I’m about sick of consoles making a new version every 7-8 years tho, so I’m happy to see them move closer to being like a pc so maybe in the future I can just upgrade a part or 2 instead of buying an entirely new system, or have the ability to buy the new system and have the latest and greatest hardware.

None of my buddies ever wanna play rdr, so I’m always solo on there which kinda sucks but I don’t like playin with randoms. I did once, had no choice, got back to the game and I was lassoed on his horse so I just let it play out. He tossed me off a bridge, kinda expected but was interesting to see what was gonna happen.

My posse name is BangBros and my horses name is hoof hearted. I’m immature, and I don’t care a bit.

Top Bottom