Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I was even in clans!

TLB, HOPw.

Those were the days.

Then I was accused of cheating by Punkbuster.

Luckily a member of TLB was familiar with Punkbuster and I spoke on the phone with those people. After 3 months, I was proven innocent. Lost my taste for gaming though.

Then I understood what it means to have everyone think you are guilty of something you didn't do, so I took up the mantle of defending those who are summarily condemned

In that 4-ish month window of unemployment, where RDR1 was basically my full-time and second job, I became so good that I was also accused of cheating and was kicked off of the servers a couple of times. I remember winning a streak of something like 10 death matches in a row without dying with most of my kills being headshots.

It's the only time in my life I've actually been "good" at a video game. Spring break that year when all of the kiddies came out of the woodwork was like divine retribution for all of the days before and after that I would get my rear handed to me by any random 10 year old.

After I was back at work for a month or two I tried to play online again and the magic was gone. I was like Grandpa Simpson in there...

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    It’s a 3 year old game, lol. If you so much as YouTube it you’re gonna see the ending, and I didn’t give anything away I just said the tribe is gone at the end? I guess if that ruins the game for someone that hasn’t played it for 3 years they deserve it Overly sensitive about your spoilers, eh? :)

I was gonna get a ps5 but couldn’t find them available anywhere, except eBay and I’ll be damned if I’m paying double retail price so some jackass can get loaded off screwin the little guy. I’m about sick of consoles making a new version every 7-8 years tho, so I’m happy to see them move closer to being like a pc so maybe in the future I can just upgrade a part or 2 instead of buying an entirely new system, or have the ability to buy the new system and have the latest and greatest hardware.

None of my buddies ever wanna play rdr, so I’m always solo on there which kinda sucks but I don’t like playin with randoms. I did once, had no choice, got back to the game and I was lassoed on his horse so I just let it play out. He tossed me off a bridge, kinda expected but was interesting to see what was gonna happen.

My posse name is BangBros and my horses name is hoof hearted. I’m immature, and I don’t care a bit.

Na.. I'm overly sensitive about giving you a hard time whenever possible. I do think it's funny that I put all of that care in and you're "Leeeeeroy!!!" :laugh:

I just have no reason to buy one. No games I want to play. I also don't think they're going to hold their word very well with the whole upgradability thing. I thin what is likely to happen is that they're all going to go to a cloud basis and sell the "consoles" as services. The console itself won't be much more powerful than your phone and all of the processing will be off in the cloud. At that point, I will probably exit stage left on modern gaming. I'm not paying a monthly bill to play video games. There's 50 years of them behind me that I haven't played yet. I can do that...

My posse/PS friends were all people I met playing cards. None of my IRL friends even played.

My first horse was named before they patched the game to disallow swear words. :) Since then, they've all been Dog Food. Dog Food II, Dog Food III, etc. It's a pain because I won't ride anything but the Arabian so when I screw up and kill my horse without a save, it's back up north for ages to get another one. I refuse to buy horses.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Na.. I'm overly sensitive about giving you a hard time whenever possible. I do think it's funny that I put all of that care in and you're "Leeeeeroy!!!" :laugh:

I just have no reason to buy one. No games I want to play. I also don't think they're going to hold their word very well with the whole upgradability thing. I thin what is likely to happen is that they're all going to go to a cloud basis and sell the "consoles" as services. The console itself won't be much more powerful than your phone and all of the processing will be off in the cloud. At that point, I will probably exit stage left on modern gaming. I'm not paying a monthly bill to play video games. There's 50 years of them behind me that I haven't played yet. I can do that...

My posse/PS friends were all people I met playing cards. None of my IRL friends even played.

My first horse was named before they patched the game to disallow swear words. :) Since then, they've all been Dog Food. Dog Food II, Dog Food III, etc. It's a pain because I won't ride anything but the Arabian so when I screw up and kill my horse without a save, it's back up north for ages to get another one. I refuse to buy horses.
    The white arabian? Does it respawn if you kill it? I’ve always been overly cautious of my horse dying because I figured he’d be gone forever.

I’m not sure if Xbox will go to a cloud system or not. I know your save files and account stuff is saved to the cloud, but games are currently all still downloaded onto the console. PlayStation on the other hand, if you get their premium or whatever they call it, you just pick the game you wanna play and it is streamed off the PlayStation network. See. Native 4K, downloaded to console... you’re an Xbox fan and don’t even realize it.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    The white arabian? Does it respawn if you kill it? I’ve always been overly cautious of my horse dying because I figured he’d be gone forever.

I’m not sure if Xbox will go to a cloud system or not. I know your save files and account stuff is saved to the cloud, but games are currently all still downloaded onto the console. PlayStation on the other hand, if you get their premium or whatever they call it, you just pick the game you wanna play and it is streamed off the PlayStation network. See. Native 4K, downloaded to console... you’re an Xbox fan and don’t even realize it.

Yes. You can even put multiples in your stable if you want. It won't spawn if you ride up there on one so you have to ride some useless turd for 10 hours to get there. Therefore, I just try not to kill them too often. :)

I don't know about PS5, but on 4 the games are local and your save games and system backups are stored to the cloud if you have PS+. PS3 was the same way with +. Without +, you're on your own. I keep local backups of my PS3 for that reason. I probably should backup my PS4 too...

I will almost certainly never pay for another MS console after their complete disregard of gamers during the launch phase of the XBone.

I see everything going to the cloud and becoming services since that's the way everything else already is. They're all too greedy not to. You can't even buy a copy of Office anymore. It's all in the cloud. Sony will follow suit too, in time.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Nephew plays apex. Doesn’t look like something I’d get into. It’s all online isn’t it?

All of the popular ones are now. Multi-platform and "free-to-play" games laced with heaps of microtransactions are the wave of the future.

I'm genuinely impressed with what they can pull off with very limited hardware. My bottom of the line i3 Dell with a GT 1030 in it plays Valorant (another random FPS that is "free") at 300+ FPS.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I mostly play world of tanks anymore. I have 7 years invested in it though they tend to really screw things up with every update. Red dead 2 was fun I'll have to go back to it soon.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I play on a PS5 (launch day baby I just had a gut feeling someone was going to release them early so I scored one the very first night pre-orders went live and its a disk edition) I love the PS5 , with the app on my phone I can dowload games onto my PS5 from anywhere in the world.

Played a lot of Modern Warfare last year during the COVID layoffs , then got Cold War when it came out and that totally kiled online COD for me. The adaptive triggers are cool (feels like a glock trigger with a wall and evertything) , but the Cold War crossover totally killed the great gunplay MW had for me.

I mostly play RPG’s Fallout series (just platinumed FO4) , Elder Scrolls , GTA, Red Dead and others like it. Just finished “Detroit Become Human” and that game was honestly one of the coolest games I have played in a long time (think Heavy Rain meets “do androids dream of electric sheep”).

Currrently waiting on the new Far Cry game as that will be my first “real” PS5 game since Cyberpunk 2077 was such a collasal disaster at launch. Definetly looking foreward to the new Harry Potter game (grew up reading the books and watching the movies). The PS5 remaster of GTA might be fun as well.

That being said I really enjoyed replaying Skyrim on my PS5 basically eliminating load times was great.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I play on a PS5 (launch day baby I just had a gut feeling someone was going to release them early so I scored one the very first night pre-orders went live and its a disk edition) I love the PS5 , with the app on my phone I can dowload games onto my PS5 from anywhere in the world.

Played a lot of Modern Warfare last year during the COVID layoffs , then got Cold War when it came out and that totally kiled online COD for me. The adaptive triggers are cool (feels like a glock trigger with a wall and evertything) , but the Cold War crossover totally killed the great gunplay MW had for me.

I mostly play RPG’s Fallout series (just platinumed FO4) , Elder Scrolls , GTA, Red Dead and others like it. Just finished “Detroit Become Human” and that game was honestly one of the coolest games I have played in a long time (think Heavy Rain meets “do androids dream of electric sheep”).

Currrently waiting on the new Far Cry game as that will be my first “real” PS5 game since Cyberpunk 2077 was such a collasal disaster at launch. Definetly looking foreward to the new Harry Potter game (grew up reading the books and watching the movies). The PS5 remaster of GTA might be fun as well.

That being said I really enjoyed replaying Skyrim on my PS5 basically eliminating load times was great.

You've just reminded me that I have Detroit Become Human sitting on my PS4 and Skyrim VR to play through. I had legitimately forgotten about both.

I think I've nearly platinumed Heavy Rain (which is a nightmare) on PS3 and I think I did platinum Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Until now, I honestly thought that DBH was a Deus Ex sequel. Oops... Haha... Sounds like I'll probably still enjoy it.

I am now seeing there IS a Deus Ex sequel, Mankind Divided. Looks like I have plenty of gaming to do if I feel so inclined.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    You've just reminded me that I have Detroit Become Human sitting on my PS4 and Skyrim VR to play through. I had legitimately forgotten about both.

I think I've nearly platinumed Heavy Rain (which is a nightmare) on PS3 and I think I did platinum Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Until now, I honestly thought that DBH was a Deus Ex sequel. Oops... Haha... Sounds like I'll probably still enjoy it.

I am now seeing there IS a Deus Ex sequel, Mankind Divided. Looks like I have plenty of gaming to do if I feel so inclined.

Since you liked Heavy Rain you will LOVE DBH, honestly one of my favorite games to date. Supposedly Sony might be turning it into a movie.

It looks amazing on my PS5 when I was playing it the wife thought it was a movie untill she saw the on screen prompts.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Since you liked Heavy Rain you will LOVE DBH, honestly one of my favorite games to date. Supposedly Sony might be turning it into a movie.

It looks amazing on my PS5 when I was playing it the wife thought it was a movie untill she saw the on screen prompts.

Man, now I'm excited for it.

In all honesty, I didn't "love" Heavy Rain all that much, I just wanted to see what the different outcomes would yield and it was slow enough that it was relaxing to play.

The Perfect Crime trophy was worth the effort in that game. Pretty hilarious ending once you know everything else.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Ok. Now I’m gonna have to look up Detroit become human and heavy rain. I remember hearing about Detroit become human, everybody talking about how it’ll change gaming and all, figured that was just the same ole hype you always hear with a highly anticipated game.

Speaking of VR, I really wanna try half life alyx. I’ve seen a couple videos and that looked fun as hell. A few years back I watched a video of a VR war simulator that was supposed to come out. Don’t remember what they called it but it looked amazing. Had to actually drop the mag, load a new mag, and charge the handle. If you laid down the character laid. It looked amazing, the guy playing actually had a rifle slung over his back and a handgun in his holster that he had to use for the game. Anyone see or remember what I’m talking about?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Ok. Now I’m gonna have to look up Detroit become human and heavy rain. I remember hearing about Detroit become human, everybody talking about how it’ll change gaming and all, figured that was just the same ole hype you always hear with a highly anticipated game.

Speaking of VR, I really wanna try half life alyx. I’ve seen a couple videos and that looked fun as hell. A few years back I watched a video of a VR war simulator that was supposed to come out. Don’t remember what they called it but it looked amazing. Had to actually drop the mag, load a new mag, and charge the handle. If you laid down the character laid. It looked amazing, the guy playing actually had a rifle slung over his back and a handgun in his holster that he had to use for the game. Anyone see or remember what I’m talking about?
    If you have PS+ Detroit Become Human was free at least for me.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Like many states I don't have time to play much anymore. I haven't played anything online for years. I played a lot of Gears and Halo BITD. I've Always been a campaign kind of guy anyway.

Just finished Sniper Elite 4, and about to start Shadow of the Tomb Raider (3). Started the new Wolfenstein, but the ultra violence isn't good for the littles.

Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and Fifa were always in my favorites. As well as the Diablo series.

Been playing off and on since the 80's. Some PC but mostly console. The new Civ game is ok. Haven't got deep into it, just a sample

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    People still play pubg? When it first released my buddies were obsessed with it so I played it for a month or so, got really repetitive really quick.
    Yeah, they have 5 maps now (maybe more). There is the original map, a desert map the same size, a new Korean map, a smaller winter map, and a smaller Vietnam type map. They had an urban map, but that hasn't returned yet.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes. You can even put multiples in your stable if you want. It won't spawn if you ride up there on one so you have to ride some useless turd for 10 hours to get there. Therefore, I just try not to kill them too often. :)

I don't know about PS5, but on 4 the games are local and your save games and system backups are stored to the cloud if you have PS+. PS3 was the same way with +. Without +, you're on your own. I keep local backups of my PS3 for that reason. I probably should backup my PS4 too...

I will almost certainly never pay for another MS console after their complete disregard of gamers during the launch phase of the XBone.

I see everything going to the cloud and becoming services since that's the way everything else already is. They're all too greedy not to. You can't even buy a copy of Office anymore. It's all in the cloud. Sony will follow suit too, in time.
    You can still buy a copy of Office... Or you can go with the subscription. Office 2019 is currently available and 2021 coming out... https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...unces-office-2021-and-office-ltsc/ar-BB1dPs2w

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FalconRC369
    Top Bottom