Not open for further replies.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    We have said many times that police are a reactive, not proactive force. They respond when they are called.

Blessings,
    Bill
    As long as when they do respond to those groups they follow the speed limit, come to complete stops and obey all traffic laws. Remember they are role models we look up to!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Two reasons to go that way. 1) You legitimately have gender dysphoria and feel uncomfortable with the sex you are and want to be the other. 2) you want to cash in on the attention. I’m guessing #2 because “fluid” isn’t a sex.

Always follow the money

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    About 5 years ago when wokeness started to explode I started seeing dictionaries add a definition where "they" is a third person singular pronoun.
    It's always been used as a third person singular pronoun when referring to someone whose gender isn't known. Let's say someone drove by your house and whacked your mailbox with a baseball bat. How would you describe what happened? You'd likely say something like, "Last night, somebody drove by my house, and they destroyed my mailbox!" I mean, you could say "and he or she destroyed my mailbox", but you probably wouldn't.

Reactions: KLB

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, and "fluid" doubles (at least) your chances of finding a date I guess.
    I'm guessing Demi Levato isn't hurting when it comes to dudes to date.

Being "fuild" just means she doesn't have to pick a team, but can still cash in on the wokeness.

She's a childhood star, that has been on the same trajectory (drugs, money, chaos, sleaze) as Miley Cyrus, just with less popularity and talent.

EDIT: Oops, I appear to have misgendered Ms. Lavato.

Also, I think if you're gender fluid, then it's acceptable to stop shaving, but you don't have to go so far as to take testosterone pills. :):

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's always been used as a third person singular pronoun when referring to someone whose gender isn't known. Let's say someone drove by your house and whacked your mailbox with a baseball bat. How would you describe what happened? You'd likely say something like, "Last night, somebody drove by my house, and they destroyed my mailbox!" I mean, you could say "and he or she destroyed my mailbox", but you probably wouldn't.
    They? You didn't use "they", you used "somebody". You could say "they" if you don't know. But when referring to one person, "they" is acceptable informally. The definitions didn't used to have the bit about 3rd person singular even though people sometimes used it informally.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They? You didn't use "they", you used "somebody". You could say "they" if you don't know. But when referring to one person, "they" is acceptable informally. The definitions didn't used to have the bit about 3rd person singular even though people sometimes used it informally.
    I did use they. But here's another f'rinstance... "If someone thinks they're gender fluid they are bat **** crazy."

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Makes sense, someone that mentally ill probably has multiple voices in their head.

Might as well acknowledge them in plural.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I did use they. But here's another f'rinstance... "If someone thinks they're gender fluid they are bat **** crazy."
    I would have been marked off for writing that on a formal paper. Well. not just because of the bat **** crazy thing.

Saying, "People who think they're gender fluid are bat **** crazy." is saying the same thing. when you say, "if someone" you're really saying "anyone who", and that is presumed plural, but could be inclusive of 0 to n people.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would have been marked off for writing that on a formal paper. Well. not just because of the bat **** crazy thing.

Saying, "People who think they're gender fluid are bat **** crazy." is saying the same thing. when you say, "if someone" you're really saying "anyone who", and that is presumed plural, but could be inclusive of 0 to n people.
    No, I'm not really saying that. I said what I said. It's a stretch to go rearranging it. You're just bringing up other ways of saying that. It doesn't make the way I said it incorrect. But anyhow, this has played out enough. We can agree to disagree I guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom