• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Is it possible that there are white people from poor/diadvantaged backgrounds that lack the confidence to apply for those same upper level jobs? Will they be prodded and pulled? Will they be included in the group thought worthy of extra help?

I wouldn't bet on it. Just a new flavor of affirmative action
    Yes they will if they can check one of the other boxes. I doubt this is even targeted towards race. Probably to get more guys wearing dresses promoted.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Yes they will if they can check one of the other boxes. I doubt this is even targeted towards race. Probably to get more guys wearing dresses promoted.
    I think Gen Brown is more of a race guy than a dress guy. I would bet you this is directly targeted at race. Read about him and see what you think.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Racial discrimination would be not allowing someone to apply for the position, or the training, based upon their race
    Not that I want to get in the middle of this tiff. I just want to say that racial discrimination isn’t just that. It would also be to prefer one over another because of their race. Affirmative Action is an example of racial discrimination, for example. If the general means that people will be especially singled out for mentoring and training on the basis of race, that would also be racial discrimination. He didn’t explicitly say that though.

However, I can see how it’s easily inferred that he’s talking about singling out people on the basis of race. Why announce it if it’s not. If it’s that they are simply making sure that historically marginalized races benefit from the same mentoring and training as everyone else, no big deal. That’s a good thing. But isn’t it an admission that they are discriminating and have now decided to stop? Hey. Ya, we’ve been ****ing people over because of their race, and uh, now we’re fixin’ ta not.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Apparently freedom to think and freedom of speech don't apply to him.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Huh. A "pitcher" changing to do the "catching" in honor of the pride movement. There's a joke in there somewhere...

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I think that is another example of the headline not really matching what was actually said. He talked about additional training to help minorities compete for promotions on a level playing field. He said nothing about promoting minorities first and then giving them the training. I see a big difference in that distinction. However, I would also agree that the additional training should be open to anybody that wants it, not just minorities.
    Not as bad as being locked out of a job because the recruiter is funded to hire minorities.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Not as bad as being locked out of a job because the recruiter is funded to hire minorities.
    People like to pretend their agenda is all nice but it is just blatant, blessed and sponsored racism. But somehow it is all OK, because...

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    If the bus company is federally funded, hiring has to reflect local population. It could be that they just have to get those numbers up to keep funding.
    A way around it is if caucasian applicants are part minority, such as Indian, Hispanic, etc. Or the applicant is LGBTQ if that is a local minority.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Seems to be working well......

Syracuse Mayor Ben Walsh’s administration on Tuesday unveiled a $1 million proposal to lower gun violence by, among other initiatives, paying known gang members a weekly stipend not to break the law and work toward turning their life around.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom