• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Well, I think I might be able to explain my recent lack of motivation, turns out my mom had covid last week, I guess that explains why I didn’t feel good for a few days.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Been dang consistent on workouts (weights, not cardio), but I can’t get my stress eating under control.
    Tried praying, drinking water, thinking about “is this worth it” but in the end, I eat bad stuff.
    Any former stress eaters out there that are just that, “former stress eaters”, and if so, please share your secrets of success.
    It’s a habit. Find lower calorie alternatives. When you do eat, eat less…and then the next time eat even less.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I had my first last year, Dr gave me a pretty clean bill of health and said I'm good for the next 10 yrs. And honestly it wasn't as bad as people say, not saying it was pleasant or enjoyable. But not terrible. Just make sure you have good toilet paper and/or wet wipes and that your phone/tablet is charged. In all honesty the worst part was the (unnecessary)anticipation/worry before the prep and not being able to have my morning coffee before I went in.
    I go every 3 years. They always find pre-cancerous growths. Better to be safe than sorry.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    It’s a habit. Find lower calorie alternatives. When you do eat, eat less…and then the next time eat even less.
    You are spot on!

I can’t believe how much less I eat. And I eat a lot of low calorie alternatives now. I don’t really miss the foods I gave up.

Cauliflower rice, palm noodles, etc are great substitutes and minimal calories!

And if I do eat something I adjust the rest of my day. I actually planned a trip to White Castle the other day. Bought 3. Ate 3. In the old days (3 months ago) I’d have ordered 12, eaten 6, then snacked on the rest later.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You are spot on!

I can’t believe how much less I eat. And I eat a lot of low calorie alternatives now. I don’t really miss the foods I gave up.

Cauliflower rice, palm noodles, etc are great substitutes and minimal calories!

And if I do eat something I adjust the rest of my day. I actually planned a trip to White Castle the other day. Bought 3. Ate 3. In the old days (3 months ago) I’d have ordered 12, eaten 6, then snacked on the rest later.
    Yep…. A week or so ago, we were planning a trip to Red Lobster. I like their shrimp scampi, like a lot. Plan ahead. Eat a lighter breakfast and lunch, avoid the delicious biscuits, order green beans instead of a baked potato, and enjoy the scampi. :D

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Weights and cardio done for the day. I can't believe how alterting exercises can get you sore all over again; It's hard to lift my coffee mug right now. I've also started to play around with the settings when I'm on the treadmill to keep things from getting too boring. Today, I started bumping the speed up one notch every minute for the last six minutes of my run. Was moving pretty good for a big fat guy and had sweat flying everywhere. I even had to wipe part of the treadmill down next to me.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I'm going to belly-ache just a little. I'm swear I'm going to go to the gym late on Friday and Saturday to see who's working out. Me being the early morning guy, I get tired of coming in and seeing the late nighters didn't bother to rack their weights. Some little a-hole is a chaulk loving fool too. I could possibly understand if you're trying to dead-lift 800 pounds, but when I see 225 pounds left on the hex bar, I kind of scratch my head. Apologies if the dude is an incredible sweat beast from hell.

Last thing, this gym music sucks. It's Kesha, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry, etc. The reason I know this is becasue there's a screeen that's shows the three songs scheduled to play. I'd rather listen to hogs screw.

Old man rant off.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Last thing, this gym music sucks. It's Kesha, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry, etc. The reason I know this is becasue there's a screeen that's shows the three songs scheduled to play. I'd rather listen to hogs screw.
    I couldn’t find any motivation in that crap music. People really need hard rock to lift too, it just makes it easier!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Weights and cardio done for the day. I can't believe how alterting exercises can get you sore all over again; It's hard to lift my coffee mug right now. . .
    My mind is willing but my body hurts. I was afflicted with rheumatoid arthritis at age 24. Almost 40 years of my life I've been dealing with it but it rarely holds me back. Got up and took some Tramadol before 5am, my doctor gives me up to 60/month, usually I take about no more than 10/month. Today may be a day when I take 3 or 4.

62 days in a row of workouts and closing all 3 of my goal rings, and consistently raising my goals. Not looking for it to end today. But it will be a struggle to close them all. Heck I don't even want to get off the couch to get another Tramadol let along start another one of the "My First 5K" treadmill sessions.

Feeling very old this morning :fogey: Got to push thru it.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Got in 7 3/4 miles this morning with my nephew. He’s fairly new to hiking, and really out of shape, like at the same place I was when I started this, only he’s got a lot more issues than I ever had. He’s finally trying to get control of his health, I tried to push him a little further today but his everything hurt so we packed it in. Got plans to go next week, probably a couple times if I get a couple days off.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Oh and pain killers have a ‘stoppage’ effect on the bowels too.

I did manage a 30 min walk.

Shoulders, neck and arms are in a lot of pain. 2 tramadol so far this morning. I may be switching to hydrocodone for the next pill.
    Sorry to hear that. I am fighting the next level of pain pills. If they would let me take my Mobic (Meloxicam), I would be OK for now. It's an NSAID, and I can't take NSAIDs because my stupid cardiologist is making me take baby aspirin because he doesn't want me to have a heart attack. I don't know why I can't take both. I was going to discuss with my rheumatologist, but he canceled my appt last week and I can't get in now until January.

Top Bottom