• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Taught 2 fencing classes yesterday one at an area high school, the other at my club. Between the classes I stopped at a White Castle drive thru and picked up 3 burgers. (140 calories each, so 420 total for the 3 burgers). Other than intestinal distress I'm still under 185# today!

Going to be hard to hit my exercise goals today. Picking up furniture for my daughter. Probably spending 6+ hours in the car. That puts a crimp on active exercise. Maybe singing along with the oldies counts as exercise?

My main goal will be to avoid drive thru windows and garbage food today. Plan to take a big bowl of veggies in the car for car snacks. Anything to keep me topped up so I don't cave in and gorge myself full of junk food.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Totally blew my diet today. Been keeping under 1700 calories a day (including bourbon nightcap) but not today. Lunch was battered deep fried northern pike, french fries and a powder coated fritters. Dinner was beef stew with fettuccine.

Spent 1/2 the day sitting on my butt in the truck because I had to drive to central Illinois to pick up furniture for my daughter.

So now I'm starting the last 30 minutes of exercise at 9:30pm to close my AppleWatch exercise/move rings :ugh:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Was able to shed another 2.2 pounds this past week. I took yesterday completely off, and I really needed it. Felt great during the early morning lunatic workout today. I murdered the squats this morning; that day of rest did wonders for my legs. This won't help my carb intake total, but I'm craving a big old bowl of oatmeal. I think that's my reward for a killer workout.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    My exercise routine and diet have been all screwed up this week. Trying to get in a good session this morning, not sure why, but I had a total lack of motivation.

On the positive side, it seems having a little dinner in the evening is more beneficial to me than skipping, because I started dropping pounds, even after my wife’s homemade pizza :drool:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Been having motivation problems myself. Going to change the routine up a bit and see how that works. Changed my diet up a little to so who knows.
    I think mines mostly related to work stress, got myself a new supervisor who’s idea of working hard is finding somebody else to do the work for him :wallbash: I gotta learn to leave that crap at work and make my time at home more productive. Regardless, I’m hitting it hard this morning, planning on getting a walk in this afternoon, maybe take the boy and challenge him to a few races so I can get some cardio in:lmfao:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Alright, 70 minutes weight lifting, feeling better, my gas tank still feels funky from the less than quality natural food the last few days. Maybe if I try real hard to poop :lmfao:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Speaking of poop, yesterday my colon went fullauto and emptied out my insides. Stepped on the scale and I was up 2 lbs. :facepalm:
    I’m a very regular guy, typically good for twice a day on a weekday, but I don’t think I’ve ever had my colon go full auto. It doesn’t sound fun!

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Been having motivation problems myself. Going to change the routine up a bit and see how that works. Changed my diet up a little to so who knows.

Up until a week ago, I was having motivation issues too. Come to find out, a big part of the problem was my routine was getting stale and boring, so I changed things up by adding new exercises and altering reps and weight. This made a world of difference. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people that enjoy the pain of weight training; I do it for the benefits.

I had to sign up for a year long membership at my gym. I don't know if I want to push myself like this for more than 12 months. I'll probably ask them if month to month is an option when my membership expires. I'll always have to be on some sort of exercise program, but these intense workouts will have to taper off at some point.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Up until a week ago, I was having motivation issues too. Come to find out, a big part of the problem was my routine was getting stale and boring, so I changed things up by adding new exercises and altering reps and weight. This made a world of difference. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people that enjoy the pain of weight training; I do it for the benefits.

I had to sign up for a year long membership at my gym. I don't know if I want to push myself like this for more than 12 months. I'll probably ask them if month to month is an option when my membership expires. I'll always have to be on some sort of exercise program, but these intense workouts will have to taper off at some point.
    I’ve got a home setup, nothing elaborate, but it’s gets the job done. I know if I had to come home from work and change, then go to the gym, I wouldn’t ever go. I do enjoy the pain, I like the jello arms afterwards, to me it’s almost like therapy. I always feel more positive and just in a better mood after a good workout.

I’ve found a couple of the basic exercise’s cause me to much pain afterwards though, unfortunately. Squats and deadlifts cause me a weeks worth of hip pain, to the point that if I sit to long I have some serious back pain, which sucks for a guy that spends 75% of his day driving. That pain I don’t like, and I have pretty much replaced leg days with walking and hiking.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I’ve got a home setup, nothing elaborate, but it’s gets the job done. I know if I had to come home from work and change, then go to the gym, I wouldn’t ever go...
    We have a family Y membership and I never go!

Up until a week ago, I was having motivation issues too. Come to find out, a big part of the problem was my routine was getting stale and boring, so I changed things up
    I set my treadmill program to the "My First 5K" training program and love it now. My sessions were getting boring. Just the simple change helped

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    We have a family Y membership and I never go!
    See, they are supposed to build a Y here at some point, of course they are having budget and typical government issues, but I digress, and I thought yeah, a cheap membership, I can lift, walk, cardio, whatever, but then I realize I’d probably never go, I got walking trails and sidewalks right outside my door, hiking trails a few minutes away, and weights in a bedroom. Why waste the money?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I’m a very regular guy, typically good for twice a day on a weekday, but I don’t think I’ve ever had my colon go full auto. It doesn’t sound fun!
    Wait till you have to prep for a colonoscope...
    I’ve got a home setup, nothing elaborate, but it’s gets the job done. I know if I had to come home from work and change, then go to the gym, I wouldn’t ever go. I do enjoy the pain, I like the jello arms afterwards, to me it’s almost like therapy. I always feel more positive and just in a better mood after a good workout.

I’ve found a couple of the basic exercise’s cause me to much pain afterwards though, unfortunately. Squats and deadlifts cause me a weeks worth of hip pain, to the point that if I sit to long I have some serious back pain, which sucks for a guy that spends 75% of his day driving. That pain I don’t like, and I have pretty much replaced leg days with walking and hiking.
    Had a gym membership when I was younger. Didn't have a home set up and was working 3-11s, it worked out well. I kept gym cloths in the car and stopped on the way home from work, work out then shower and was ready to go out for a couple of hours before bed. Days off? Yeah no. Changing to 4 12hr shifts killed it. Working 3-11s the place was pretty deserted with no wait for any of the machines, getting there after a 7pm-7am shift was totally different environment.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Soon enough, soon enough. I prefer not to think about it!
    I had my first last year, Dr gave me a pretty clean bill of health and said I'm good for the next 10 yrs. And honestly it wasn't as bad as people say, not saying it was pleasant or enjoyable. But not terrible. Just make sure you have good toilet paper and/or wet wipes and that your phone/tablet is charged. In all honesty the worst part was the (unnecessary)anticipation/worry before the prep and not being able to have my morning coffee before I went in.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I had my first last year, Dr gave me a pretty clean bill of health and said I'm good for the next 10 yrs. And honestly it wasn't as bad as people say, not saying it was pleasant or enjoyable. But not terrible. Just make sure you have good toilet paper and/or wet wipes and that your phone/tablet is charged. In all honesty the worst part was the (unnecessary)anticipation/worry before the prep and not being able to have my morning coffee before I went in.
    And always try and schedule for the first appointment of the morning.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Been dang consistent on workouts (weights, not cardio), but I can’t get my stress eating under control.
    Tried praying, drinking water, thinking about “is this worth it” but in the end, I eat bad stuff.
    Any former stress eaters out there that are just that, “former stress eaters”, and if so, please share your secrets of success.

Top Bottom