• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jordan_J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Muncie
    Vanilla WoW you say? I may get in trouble with that one again. I created a private server but just ran around alone and immortal doing whatever but I do miss the days of OG WoW. I never played WotLK but I really liked questing in that area so I wish I played that Xpac because I bet I’d have loved it.

Jordan_J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Muncie
    That’s good. I always enjoyed the WW2 shooters but think CoD Modern Warfare is my favorite of the series and Black Ops was really good too. MW 2 and 3 has good game play and stories but we’re pushing the fantasy/sci-fi a bit more than I’d like from a military based shooter but nothing like the terrible newer games. I have Gears and Halo if I want futuristic.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Game Maker's Toolkit (Mark Brown) discusses the unique design of Mario Odyssey

[video=youtube;z_KVEjhT4wQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_KVEjhT4wQ[/video]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Prepping for cod WWII. Playing some Ghosts. Going to go ahead and give Cod a few weeks to pan out the bugs. To much butthurt for me to play new releases.

Mmmmm.... Fish and chips.... :drool:

But really, you want to eat that fish fresh. Cod or any other fish isn't going to be edible after a few weeks; in fact it's just going to attract more bugs.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Blah, no COD Nazis for me. I'm killing Nazis that have taken over the world, and I can practice me German. Wolfenstein 2.

[video=youtube;xHht8480cEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHht8480cEo[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Does anyone else think Wolf3d2 (my name for it) looks alot like the latest Fallout? Not in content, really, but the looks.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not familiar with Fallout, but the the latest Wolfenstein looks spectacular, especially since they haven't muddied it up with multiplayer.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Not familiar with Fallout, but the the latest Wolfenstein looks spectacular, especially since they haven't muddied it up with multiplayer.

Seems like a similar aesthetic, although not necessarily post-apocalyptic.

1113fallout02.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Does anyone else think Wolf3d2 (my name for it) looks alot like the latest Fallout? Not in content, really, but the looks.

Not surprising since both are by Bethesda, lol. And FYI Wolfenstein games are not for kids. They run the gambit of things my parents would turn the TV off for when I was kid.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So I was introduced to a new channel today: GameHut

From what I understand, it's a game developer from the 90s explaining how they achieved certain goals, and revealing various coding secrets. Short videos, really interesting stuff for the technically-minded.

Here's a good example video to give you a feel for the channel

[video=youtube;i9bkKw32dGw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9bkKw32dGw[/video]

Also, a far more technically interesting video about how they fit an FMV video on a Sega cart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IehwV2K60r8

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's awesome.

Apple's app submission process is insane. I'm not a mobile developer, but I work with some who've had their apps rejected for the silliest reasons. I just wonder what kind of tricks some devs do to sneak past those silly reasons. And it's not like the scrutiny improves quality all that much. There are some crappy apps out there for ios. Usually the market weeds out the crap well enough. I'd rather Apple just check apps for malicious code.

Jordan_J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Muncie
    Made it through campaign in COD WWII. Very intense. Graphics are insane

From what I hear I need to pick up the game ASAP. I wish it was on Switch but I guess I'm fine playing it on PC or Xbox One. I will probably get Wolfenstein 2 on Switch to have a shooter on the go.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Apple's app submission process is insane. I'm not a mobile developer, but I work with some who've had their apps rejected for the silliest reasons. I just wonder what kind of tricks some devs do to sneak past those silly reasons. And it's not like the scrutiny improves quality all that much. There are some crappy apps out there for ios. Usually the market weeds out the crap well enough. I'd rather Apple just check apps for malicious code.

I found it hilarious (just read the article today on FB) that even though the Apple AppStore or whatever has tons of apps for locating weed dispensaries and medical marijuana places and you can search certain strains and all of that in legal states, they banned and removed an app that was either by or in conjunction with Cigar Afficianado magazine for locating smoker friendly bars and restaurants for "promotion of smoking"...

That's another reason in the huge list of "why Apple sucks"

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I found it hilarious (just read the article today on FB) that even though the Apple AppStore or whatever has tons of apps for locating weed dispensaries and medical marijuana places and you can search certain strains and all of that in legal states, they banned and removed an app that was either by or in conjunction with Cigar Afficianado magazine for locating smoker friendly bars and restaurants for "promotion of smoking"...

That's another reason in the huge list of "why Apple sucks"

Allowing apps for weed-searching but banning apps for cigar friendly restaurants could be posted in the insane social justice thread. That's SJW hypocrisy right there.

Top Bottom